Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili - Chili Beer Co.

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con ChiliOriginal C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili

awful

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: oelergud on 09-23-2007)
View: Beers (1) |  Events

09-30-2013 14:56:57 | More by erialbill
avalon07

South Carolina

2.08/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

A: Poured from a bottle to a pint glass. Had a golden yellow color and a clear consistency. There was no real head to speak of. A trace of lacing, but nothing substantial.

S: Not surprisingly, lots of chili, but little else. Very one dimensional.

T: Tasted of chili, chili, and more chili. There's a little bit of corn and malt, but these ingredients do not stand up to the chili onslaught. Like the aroma, the flavor is too one dimensional and grating.

M: A below average amount of carbonation and an abrasive finish. Light-bodied. Guaranteed to give you heartburn.

O: This style of beer is hard to get right. It can be easy to go overboard with the chilis. This is what happened with this one. Not recommended.

09-28-2013 12:31:55 | More by avalon07
LambicKing

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%

09-22-2013 02:22:05 | More by LambicKing
flyingpig

United Kingdom (Scotland)

1.41/5  rDev -31.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

330ml bottle from Peckhams (Glasgow) for £1.49:
Light straw with a 2mm bubbly head that disappears very fast.

Corn with lager malts and a huge amount of spice coming from the chili in the bottle. There is chili naturally, as well as some very light sweetness and a faint touch of hops.

Bland & watery with some corn followed by a overpowering taste of chili peppers that is very spicy but not in a good way. Very warm on the tongue but other than that is is a plain beer.

Light & thin bodied with a really spicy taste that is warm on the palate and lingers for far too long.

A shockingly poor beer that tastes disgusting in parts and cheap throughout. It was spicy yet somehow still seemed bland and the taste (other than chili peppers) was non-existent. Nothing but a gimmick that should never have made it onto the market.

09-20-2013 09:50:39 | More by flyingpig
Suds

1.89/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Okay, I have had a chili beer before. It must have been about 20 years ago, and I remember it being absolutely in undrinkable. No taste, just unbearable heat. So, that was the benchmark that I had in mind when I opened this bottle, a brew that my wife bought for me as a little surprise. First of alls, although it isn't good, it also isn't undrinkable. The smell is of green chilies. Maybe a little spicey pepper, and some adjunct macro lager veggie brew scents. The taste has heat, and it definitely distracts from the taste of the beer. But, it is not too much that the beer isn't drinkable. It is a nice, slow burning heat. Some mild sweetness in the beer. The heat prevents me from giving a really accurate description of the beer characteristics in themselves. Light body. I won't have another one (well, maybe in another 20 years), but it was interesting enough that, although I didn't like it, I don't regret trying.

09-14-2013 20:33:05 | More by Suds
Dmart1223

Colorado

08-31-2013 01:30:08 | More by Dmart1223
woodychandler

3.79/5  rDev +84.9%

I have been curious to try this beer for some time and when a single came available at The Friendly Greek, I jumped on it. I had some chili pepper beers during my recent visit to CANorado and again at The Great Dane in Madison, WI. I found them to be hot, but enjoyable, real sipping beers, not to be chugged down like they were going out of style. I also used them to scourge myself since I was very naughty on a number of occasions.

My pour netted me a finger of fizzy bone-white head that quickly dissipated itself out of existence. Color was golden-yellow with NE-quality clarity and loads of CO2 bubbles in evidence. As I watched King Midas, Croesus and Mammon slaver over it, I actually considered giving those greedy bastiges some of it just to teach them a lesson. Nose smelled as though the pepper had been in the bottle for a while, leaching out its peppery flavors. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium and the heat was instantaneous. Man, I began to sweat behind my eyeballs and I wondered how difficult it might be to rip my tongue out of my head. Another sip was called for and the dichotomy of the cold beer and the peppery heat had me reeling. It looked so innocuous and yet my sinuses were filled with heat and my nose began to drip. My next sip caused my bald spot to gain a sheen of sweat and my eyes watered uncontrollably. I was now well into my penance. Now, it was becoming a personal challenge - how much could I get in my mouth and swallow without initiating the gag reflex? A healthy mouthful and swallow later and who needs a barium rinse? I could map the path from mouth to gullet to windpipe to stomach right afterwards. Yee hah! I was suddenly harder than Chinese arithmetic with Russian (Cyrillic) instructions. Where is The Old Lady when I need her? Steam began to vent from my ears and I began to sense that something may be going sideways on this venture. My next draught left me gasping for air as my throat involuntarily constricted. Perhaps a small snack in the form of the pepper was in order ... WRONG F**KING ANSWER! The paramedics were quick to to respond, being as that I live only a few blocks from LGH and they burst into laughter at seeing the remnants of the chewed pepper and the spent bottle laying on its side next to the pepper. C'mon, fellas, have a heart. I'm in real pain here. Truth be told, it was hot, but the Pepper Pilsner at The Great Dane was way worse. I would not want another again right away, but it was kind of fun to finally try one of these from a commercially-available bottle.

08-29-2013 21:32:31 | More by woodychandler

07-20-2013 17:45:21 | More by LJC3
alk3kenny

3.86/5  rDev +88.3%
look: 3 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I must start out by saying that I love heat and peppers. I have broken the golden rule of BA on this one for a long time and avoided it because of the poor ratings but I finally decided to get over it and buy a bottle to try lol. Pour has a head that is gone in no time bright straw color. I'm expecting a lot of pepper flavor in this beer since there probably won't be a ton of flavor to the base beer. It's tastes like it smells like drinking pepper juice without all the vinegar. Nice heat on the tongue from the first sip. I have to say for the style I like this but not as much as some other pepper beers. I would let a fellow pepper head try this but wouldn't suggest that people who don't like heat give this a second thought. No hops, grain any other profile but for what it is supposed to be it does it's job.

07-16-2013 01:35:01 | More by alk3kenny
ImperatorScab

Tennessee

07-15-2013 18:25:39 | More by ImperatorScab
Falcon91Wolvrn03

1.24/5  rDev -39.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Appearance – A clear light golden color with little visible carbonation and a small head that disappears almost instantly. Has a chili floating inside.

Smell – A very light adjunct beer scent with chili. Although I like chilies ok, the chili/beer combination in this really wasn’t that pleasant; in fact it was kind of nasty. I didn't care much for smelling this whenever I took a sip.

Taste – Quite a bit of spiciness (but nothing close to their Crazy Ed’s Chili Beer). There are really no other flavors to speak of other than a light adjunct beer flavor, as the chili dominates the palate. The chili tasted rather plain when eaten.

Mouthfeel – Somewhat flat, thin, with a hot spiciness.

Drinkability – There’s not much flavor to this beer other than spicy chili, so it's not highly drinkable.

07-10-2013 04:43:35 | More by Falcon91Wolvrn03
Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili from Chili Beer Co.