Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili - Chili Beer Co.

Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con ChiliOriginal C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili

awful

Chili Beer Co. visit their website
Arizona, United States

Chile Beer |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: oelergud on 09-23-2007)
Boilerfood

Indiana

07-02-2012 14:22:46 | More by Boilerfood
Agold

3.35/5  rDev +64.2%

I thought this beer would be a flaming sack of shit, but boy was I wrong. It does flame, but it's not too bad. It looks like yellow pee water and has no head or lacing at all. It smells mostly just like chili peppers but not in a horrific way. Taste was pretty hot and would be really nice at a BBQ or with some nachos. Nice chili flavor. Mouthfeel is ok. Not great. Pretty nice. Definitely a cool interesting change of pace.

08-05-2011 01:59:16 | More by Agold
Walkerjgt

1.75/5  rDev -14.2%

08-22-2014 19:35:28 | More by Walkerjgt
tewaris

There's an actual chili in there! Nice! Best by 01/12/13. Poured into an equally goofy Family Guy pint.

Pours like a macro lager: pale and clear with some bubbles that leave FAST. Aroma is dominated by the chili and this one will be hot it seems.

Tastes like a macro: no hops at all and a burp here and there that's full of yuck. And then there's the heat. I was expecting the chili to be total gimmick and it could very well be but this beer (?) overall does deliver some heat. I can feel my lips sting and it feels good. And a good chili flavor too, so that's bonus. I am weird.

Carbonation is low and the mouthfeel is watery but whatever. I am not entirely disappointed and somewhat amused. Glad I tried it. Seemed a little costly at 11+ bucks for a 6 pack, and even costlier as a single but there certainly could be situations where I wouldn't say no to it.

PS: In a parallel universe they're using chili instead of hops for beer and this one is coveted.

PPS: Sometimes I wish, and more so lately, that awarding points was not necessary.

3, 3, 3, 3, 3

05-02-2012 07:53:58 | More by tewaris
everetends

Alabama

Wow, where to begin.

Had this beer given to me by a dealer and should have had a warning sign there.

Appearance is the most appealing thing about this beer. Has a golden, crisp pour. Very little head to speak of. Looks like your typical Mexican beer with a pepper floating in it. Decent presentation.

Smell is a bit tolerable. Smells mostly of pickled peppers and isn't that overwhelming.

Taste is where things went down hill. I am Mexican and well versed in all things spicy. This takes the cake. It really doesn't assault the tongue, having almost an initial taste of sweetness. Once it moves beyond your tongue, it becomes more of a peppery burning sensation on the top of your mouth and back of your throat. It was difficult with every sip, and I did finish the beer in hopes that it provided me with the missing link I was looking for.

Mouthfeel is painful: hot, spicy, unpleasant.

Drinkability in nil. It is a novelty beer that I can't seem to take seriously.

The only real use I have found for it is marinating steaks and fajita meat. Has a good tenderizing ability and really flavors the meat. It is in the cooking realm I see this beer having its place.

04-23-2008 23:12:42 | More by everetends
Khazadum

1.93/5  rDev -5.4%

In my great Saturday pursuit of beers for a trade I stumbled upon this 'golden' opportunity. A beer with an actual chili in every bottle. Why the hell not... Twelve ounce bottle poured into a brandy snifter. Hopefully this won't taint my favorite glass...

Appearance
Classic pour generated a quarter finger of apple juice bubbles. They are clear bubbles, no real color to them that dissipated in seconds. Literally gone in less time than it took to contemplate them.

The body of this beverage reminds me of generic lagers. Goldenrod hues and lemon juice mingle to generate its color palate. Lots of carbonation. There are cascades of bubbles all over the place here.

Bouquet
Well, the nose has the chili pepper in it by far. I'm reminded of gumbo... chili powder obviously.. and behind it the faint malty character. Its not bread, but its definitely got similar molecules. Its not great, but its interesting.

Flavor Profile
There is no chili pepper flavor. The malt profile overwhelms what could have been something altogether unique. That is a funny sentence altogether because the malt is so thin its unbelievable. I swear they took an American adjunct lager and threw a pepper into it because otherwise no one would want it. I want to find more to this beer, but its got a singular nature.

Oral Sensations
Oh, its awful. It has a spicy burn that doesn't register on my tongue unless I force it, but on the back of my throat. Its not even pleasurable level of spiciness. This is just masochistic in nature. I love eating jalapenos, but this isn't even the joy of flavor or celebration of the pepper. Its capsaicin jumping at my esophagus. The carbonation prickles incessantly, and as soon as that bubbles to a quiet nature the burn of the pepper creeps up mimicking carbon dioxide. As soon as you swallow it, it punches up like lighter fluid on a campfire.

Conclusions
Never again. No way, no how. Its not blended or mingled well. There are two natures and they do not belong together. Its an afterthought, a gimmick. Sure, I can drink it without getting blasted with alcohol poisoning, but I forced myself to even finish half of this twelve ounce bottle.

08-23-2010 00:55:37 | More by Khazadum
BeastLU

10-02-2013 21:01:21 | More by BeastLU
Amp

Oklahoma

02-18-2012 02:16:42 | More by Amp
bundy462

1.1/5  rDev -46.1%

A: Fizzy yellow beer with zero head. Crummy wilted looking pepper floating around in it much like a turd in piss.

S: Like shitty light beer with it's veggie and corn smell that has a pickled pepper thrown in it.

T: Like shitty light beer with a pickled pepper thrown in it, just like the smell. Total shit.

M: Thin like a light.

O: Zero, this thing sucks. Only the second beer I've ever dumped.

09-07-2010 18:13:18 | More by bundy462
DavidST

2.63/5  rDev +28.9%

I've heard bad things about this, but I figure its worth trying at least once. Poured from a 12 oz bottle into a pint glass, best before 6/22/13. This pours a clear light yellow with a pepper in the bottom and a short lived small head. The smells are of chili along with adjuncts, not much else. The feel is light. The taste is poor but unusual, a light amount of beer tastes upfront along with some pepper and chili burn.

10-19-2012 02:23:13 | More by DavidST
juicebox

07-17-2012 23:47:13 | More by juicebox
PeprSprYoFace

1.15/5  rDev -43.6%

Has to be the worst beer I've ever had. Probably gunna drain pour the rest. Poured into a shaker pint. Pours a golden clear. No head. No lacing.

Aroma smells like a chili relliano. Like nacho cheese a bit. So much jalapeño aroma it's crazy. Can't smell anything else.

Tasteyou can't taste anything else except the burn in the back of your throat. Maybe a bit of malt and jalapeño. Terrible.

Mouthfeel is dry and supreme high carb.

Overall a terrible beer. All it does is burn your throat. Only bought it because I wanted to try the worst beer on BA. It lived up to it's expectations.

07-12-2011 00:01:57 | More by PeprSprYoFace

03-06-2012 04:05:02 | More by tripledbrew
BigJim5021

Indiana

1.3/5  rDev -36.3%

Got to taste this while buying a few singles tonight. Woof.

Pours a pale yellow. The guy pouring it didn't put a head on it. Just looks like your usual macro lager.

It smells like a can of green chiles. This is not a pleasant aroma when it comes to beer.

The flavor is fucking godawful. It tastes like a jalapeno breadstick. If I had an actual jalapeno-spiked breadstick to eat, I would be happy. But when I'm drinking said breadstick, you can just get right the hell out of here, pal.

Mouthfeel is typical adjunct lager, but with plenty of burn. I was surprised at how spicy it turned out to be. I wasn't begging for mercy or anything, but it was definitely hotter than expected.

Drinkability is null. This shit is heartburn city. I'll never drink it again.

05-15-2009 04:58:47 | More by BigJim5021
mralphabet

1.68/5  rDev -17.6%

12 Oz Bottle poured into Frosted Pint Glass

A: Straight up Yellow and very clear... 1 Finger of head... That disappears very quickly... no lacing at all.

S: Smells like Jalapeno peppers... Hardly any beer smell at all.

T: It tastes like it smells... The only beer taste I'm getting is very watered down Corona with a lot of Jalapeno juice. Very hot tasting. Nothing Cool and refreshing here

M: Just hot, no carbonation at all.... Not pleasant.... And I like hot food.

D: Not very drinkable... But you can do what I did.... I was making Chili when I tried this beer... I poured about a 1/3 of the beer into my Chili and it tastes Great....

So this beer is bad to drink but will spice up your Chili recipe..

12-22-2008 05:44:11 | More by mralphabet

07-08-2013 23:38:27 | More by mpenning13
TheMarkE

3.13/5  rDev +53.4%

Muy picante.

This is basically a decent Mexican lager with a chili pepper in the bottle. Spicy, and unique. I have GOT to have a bottle of this next time I make my World Famous Chili.

Warning: Mere mortals may not be able to handle the heat! Personally, I found it to be a bit refreshing.

01-11-2013 23:10:57 | More by TheMarkE
LordAdmNelson

1.93/5  rDev -5.4%

Ok so I had to try this given its prestige. Well it pours like a flat macro... with a chili pepper in it. I cant get by the fact it looks like a turd in this beer. Smell is awful... burnt tortilla chips with salsa juice on them. Soaked in ass. Taste is way better than I thought. Spicy, tastes like tortilla chips and salsa juice. My friend loved it. Medium mouthfeel, ok drinkability despite the taste.

Ok, reflecting on this beer... it's bad. Not as bad as I expected, though I'm not too sure what I expected. Definitely an experience however. I can see this being useful in a good beer-battered fish fry recipe--like a spicy twist on it. Otherwise, avoid unless you are a masochist or want to play mean jokes on people.

02-18-2010 07:52:18 | More by LordAdmNelson
sisuspeed

New Hampshire

2.13/5  rDev +4.4%

Had to pick this one up after I saw the awesome reviews on here. Poured into a tulip glass. Cave Creek Chili has a clear, pale, golden yellow body with no head. Pretty basic.

On the nose there is a good amount of green pepper, chili, corn and some grainy notes. Mostly pepper. Not too bad, but not a great aroma for beer.

Tipping back the glass reveals sweet, light malts and then a sudden rush of burning pepper. The strong pepper burn is mostly in the throat, but you can't really taste anything else at this point. Watery, burning, vegetable.

The mouthfeel is light, burning pepper, not overly pleasant.

Drinkability is pretty much horrible. This is not what I want when I want a beer. If I want to light my throat on fire and not be able to taste anything else, then maybe this would be enjoyable. Splitting the bottle 5 ways only put a dent in 6oz of the total 12oz, with most of it being a drain pour.

Overall, this was an awesomely bad beer. If someone really loved peppers and needed them in a liquid beer format, than this would probably be right up their alley. Otherwise this beer is good for a few laughs and that's about all. Worth picking up for a party or to share with friends/enemies.

05-11-2010 02:45:35 | More by sisuspeed
Original C Cave Creek Chili Beer - Cerveza Con Chili from Chili Beer Co.