Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA - Flying Dog Brewery

Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPARaging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA

Flying Dog Brewery visit their website
Maryland, United States

Belgian IPA |  8.30% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerisfoodLLC on 09-23-2009)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Raging Bitch Belgian-Style IPA Alström Bros

Mudawg, Apr 03, 2012

tmars13, Oct 18, 2012

djre4orm, Jun 13, 2013

ACP5484, Jun 27, 2014
2.03/5  rDev -47.7%

I want to like Belgian IPAs, I really do. This one makes it tough...

A: Hazy. A little filtering would have been nice. My home brews aren't this cloudy.

S: Citrus, musty/earthy, funky like Belgian brews, floral and hoppy.

T: Not balanced. This beer has issues. There is too much competition between the flavors and the styles. I'm going to struggle to finish the 6-pack.

M: Spot on Belgian and IPA... Carbonated but doesn't sting.

O: Not buying this again.

GeeL, Nov 06, 2012
2.05/5  rDev -47.2%

3/4/11

On tap at URGE.

A: Transparent golden orange. Creamy cap. Looks inviting.

S: Coriander, clove, and orange, with bready malt. Very spicy. Some light grapefruit. A little alcohol. Perhaps some pepper. Smells like a generic Belgian beer. Average at best.

T: Moderately bitter grapefruit rind up front with prominent spicy phenols, reminiscent of clove and white pepper. There's a lot astringency in there. Far too spicy for my taste, and not enough of the IPA showing through. Alcohol is noticeable in the bitter astringent finish. There's a definite clash of spice and bitterness in the end that reminds me of aspirin. That's terrible.

M: Lower medium body with moderate carbonation. Mouthfeel is creamy and sticky.

Overall: Not recommended at all. Avoid. Looks deceived me.

HopHead84, Mar 05, 2011
2.08/5  rDev -46.4%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

A - Pours a copper color with about a finger worth of head. Slowly disappears and leaves a slight coating of head on top. Decent lace.

S - I get a really strong ginger taste. I hate ginger tasting beer, so we're not off to a good start. Other random spice notes come across, but I can't pick out anything else individually as the ginger over powers everything.

T - Loads of ginger comes across. As it goes down other spice notes and some sweetness emerges, but then gives way to more ginger as the beer goes down my throat. Not really that hoppy. Others have remarked on floral notes ... I get none.

M - Mild carbonation, relatively creamy.

O - A huge disappointment for me. The ginger is a real turn off. If ginger and tons of spice is your thing though, give it a shot.

BigDRS, Apr 24, 2011
2.08/5  rDev -46.4%

Poured from 12once bottle in to pint.

Nice red gold coloring inch of think head that hung around fairly well.

Smelled of hops hops and hops... and pine tree maybe.

At first taste it was bitter with tastes of pine and maybe citrus as the beer went on the tastes became harder to define and left me wondering where this beer was going. At least the taste of the alcohol was subdued.

The mouth-feel was pleasant and carbonated but nothing special.

while this wont be my last Flying Dog brew it will be my last Raging Bitch!

Jeffro96, Jan 17, 2011
2.1/5  rDev -45.9%

This beer really didn't do it for me. I've drank plenty of Belgian beers and plenty of IPAs, many high alcohol beers, but this beer was not enjoyable. Not sure where to put my finger on it, and I won't stoop as low as gross, but I'd almost rather have bud light.

ryho, Jun 07, 2014
2.2/5  rDev -43.3%

A: Apearnce was surprising and looked like it had a good carbonation by simple eyesight. Had a deep gold color and good head

S:smell of this bear throws it off had a strong yet palatable aroma a hint of spices to it, at least to me

T: This IPA had one of the worst and most pungent tastes I have had in a beglian style IPA I dont know if its the batch or the recipe it made it the beer hard to drink....the flavor was hoppy and very bitter. the batch number was 027B14

M: was very rough and had a very hard flavor for the palette so the mouthfeel wasn't all bells for me. It did have a deep bodiness to it but that is all I can say for now

overall I did not enjoy this IPA, and Its sad cause I really wanted to like this beer.
Hope this review helps*
*note: I am not a professional beer taster, the opinions in this review are mine and mine alone.

Sizeable_Paladin, Oct 11, 2013