Natural Selection: Genus 1 (Evolution Collab) - Flying Dog Brewery

Natural Selection: Genus 1 (Evolution Collab)
No picture uploaded.

Beer added by: mendvicdog on 08-09-2013

to view more.
Ratings: 20 | Reviews: 2
3.37/5  rDev -8.4%

My first encounter with this beer was on tap at a local restaurant. As soon as I saw a Flying Dog Tap Handle I knew I had to try it. It was a more mild offering from Flying Dog, coming in at about 4.5% ABV;but it was smooth. I remember chatting with the bartender and we agreed that it was like Flying Dog's Raging Bitch without the bite. It poured kind of dark but fluent. I would categorize it as a social gathering beer you could drink several of without feeling very intoxicated.

3.03/5  rDev -17.7%

This tasted like a stale old ale. Little bit of caramel, chocolate, and raisins that didn't mesh well.

Flying Dog Brewery

A key mechanism of evolution, Natural Selection is one of the cornerstones of modern biology and now, Maryland craft beer. We’re stoked to announce our latest collaboration, Natural Selection Ale, a three-part release with Evolution Brewing Company. We’ll launch the first Natural Selection release, Genus One, in March. A stock ale, Genus One has caramel and brown fruit notes that mingle with hints of roast, chocolate, and toast. Natural Selection Ale: Genus One will premiere during the Craft Brewers Conference in Washington, DC on draft only. Genus Two and Genus Three will be released in October. All three releases will only be available in mid-Atlantic markets.

to view more.