Microbrew Invitational

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 5
Reviews by beerceller99:
3.53/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at the brewery.Hazy yellow hue with a white head. Nice lacing. Has a floral hop smell. Medium bodied with fairly strong carbonation. Taste starts with light, sweet malts and grains, then finishes with a zesty hop bite. Not bad for a 3.2% IPA
The brewery serves all their beers too cold, around freezing temperature.

3.53/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This is now called the Aught 7 IPA. I think it is the same beer with a new name. Served in a standard pint, the beer is a hazy bronze with orange highlights. It has a dense and clingy head.

Beer leads with grapefruit notes from the hops and caramel malts. The beer seems to be well balanced but a bit underpowered.

The mouth has sharp carbonation laid over medium thickness. This was my favorite of the beers I had here.

3.7/5  rDev +3.1%

A - Poured a light copper color with a white head that leaves some lacing behind

S - Is a nose full of grapefruity citrus hops

T - Follows the nose with grapefruit hops but not as strong as they smell

M - This beer has a medium body with medium carbonation to it

D - This is a pretty damn good beer sure it's not he best ipa out there but it's must try if is on tap

4.19/5  rDev +16.7%

Was delivered in a pint glass. No head at all, but that's probably due to the servers pushing it out in favor of more beer in the glass. Just the way it is around here. Was a light orange almost yellow color. Smelled grassy, with a nice hit of hops. Drinking this was a pleasure. It was a bitter hit of hops right at the front, but balanced quite nicely with a bready light malt. Not overpowering. I've had a few IPA's that make me want to saw off my tongue, but this one was quite nice. Full bodied and crisp. Quite a bit of carbonation. Could definately drink this. If I didn't have to buy Christmas presents, I would have bought a growler of this to bring home. Yummy. Now my second favorite beer here. I'm waiting for my favorite to be made again so I can review it, but this was good. First time they've had it for me to try.

India Pale Ale from Bricktown Brewery
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.