People Mover Porter - Detroit Beer Co.

People Mover Porter

Ratings: 15 | Reviews: 2
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.27/5  rDev +17.6%

I poured into a pint glass from my growler to little head (in the fridge for two days). I wish I had done a fresh review but work got in the way. At the brewery it had a small brown head. It is black. It smells of coffee and roasted malts. It is supposed to have some chocolate flavor but the bartender told me the brew master is tinkering with the recipe. It tastes of toffee, coffee and roasted malts. I thought it was the best that I sampled at the brewpub, so that's why I got the growler. I was very impressed with the flavor. It is one of the better porters that I have sampled from a brewpub. Overall, very good, I would definitely get it again the next time that I am in Detroit.

3.18/5  rDev -12.4%

growler into a weizen glass.

pours dark brown with some ruby red highlights. had to force a bit of head from it with a hard pour and even still only got about a thin cap of tan foam. some leggy lacing.

smell is pretty standard. roasty with a slight herbal hop character.

taste is similar, but with burnt malt instead of roasted and some coffee or espresso notes. a little hop bitterness comes in at the end but fades away quick. really one dimensional.

medium bodied with not enough carbonation. even though this growler is less than 5 hours old, it already feels like it's going flat.

could easily drink a few of these and barely notice it. i must say i'm a little disappointed in this offering from dbc, most of their beer is pretty good. maybe they are still tinkering with the recipe as the previous reviewer noted. oh well, there are more porters in the world.

to view more.
People Mover Porter from Detroit Beer Co.