Ebel's Weiss Beer - Two Brothers Brewing Company

good

Two Brothers Brewing Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-16-2002)

I used to live walking distance from the brewery, and this was always my favorite Two Brothers brew. Everyone else has pointed out the flavor qualities, and they're on point. I think many have rated it a bit low, but I understand we all perceive flavor differently.

As hefeweizens go, it's probably tied with a Hacker Pschorr (tap, not bottle) in my book.
As always, many reviewers get their jollies by trashing any beers or styles they don't particularly care for, so take those with a grain of salt.

Good stuff.

4.83/5  rDev +32%

(11/11/2011) Poured into a Sam Adam's Perfect Pint Glass, perfect 2 finger head with a great lingering fluffy white appearance.

A: Classic Belgian style wheat aroma, wheat with bananas and cloves to compliment. Slightly citrus in the back

C: Beautiful dark banana yellow color.

Sip: Banana flavors up front with a spicy clove and citrus finish. Light mouthfeel with big wheaty flavor.

OV: Classic Euro-style Weiss beer, extremely good beer and impressive among American Weiss beers.

4.73/5  rDev +29.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is the best craft Hefeweizen I have had!!

Bottle poured into weizen

Three finger head, cloudy, straw golden body with perfect carbonation

Smells: Cloves, wheat, herbal, hefe yeast!

Taste: Wheat, bubblegum, cloves, banana,

Mouthfeel: Perfection for the style: fluffy

Overall, I'd have this again. This is an excellent beer! Worth your time.

I will get a six pack sometime.

Keep those Two Brothers Beers coming!!

4.68/5  rDev +27.9%

On tap at Fountainhead

Poured cloudy orange/yellow, small head. Smelled of typical hefe: banana, yeast, fruity.

Taste was excellent. Banana and fruity going in with wheaty/yeasty aftertaste. No bitterness whatsoever. Creamy mouthfeel with slight carbonation.

Overall great great hefe, one of my favorites. I grab this whenever I can. This has a permanent place in my fridge.

EDIT: I bumped the taste points up to 5 after several re-drinks. This is the beer I compare all wheat/whit styles to. I just love this beer!

4.63/5  rDev +26.5%

Available on our in-home four-tap draft system 24/7. Poured frequently.

Ebel's Weiss is constantly available at the local liquor store, and my wife and I have chosen it to be on our first tap year-round. We like it, our neighbors like it, and it's a genuine crowd pleaser.

This beer is a great example of the hefeweizen style -- cloudy, light, drinkable, and with a great aroma.

On draft, Ebel's Weiss is a fantastic beer in summertime or any time.

4.45/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A: Pure gold with delicate white foam head.

S: Rich clove and banana, and I mean this as top shelf...deep and complex. Lemon, spice, and maybe some vanilla.

T: Not too heavy, this style can easily be over-done. Medium sweetness, subtle spiciness, a very soft touch. Low medium carbonation.

D: A very drinkable hefe. The aroma is big and enhances the experience, but it seems to be one of the most well balanced hefe's that I've had.

4.43/5  rDev +21%

Milky pale orange with a smallish white head. Fades to an edging but leaves inticate lacing.
Beautiful nose full of clove and vanilla. Banana is pushed to the background. Peppery and wonderful.
The same can be said of the taste. Heavy on the clove/vanilla/pepper spices. Lighter on the banana tones. Yeasty dough flavors are present and welcome as they provide support. Lingering herbals towards the finish, with more delectable vanilla.
A soild medium bodied brew. Carbonation is on the low end, but somewhat prickly. Fairly creamy. Delighful.
Right near the top of my favorite hefeweizens.

Ebel's Weiss Beer from Two Brothers Brewing Company