Victor's MemoriAle Altbier - Two Brothers Brewing Company

Altbier |  7.80% ABV

Beer added by: kidadam on 02-24-2007

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
3.47/5  rDev -14.5%

Poured from a 22oz bomber and served in a shaker. This beer poured a deep, dark, mahogany brown hue with a thin head of tan foam that quickly faded into a lasting ring. Some clingy lace was left around the glass. The aroma of the beer was made up of toasted caramel, light chocolate, brown sugar, and some fruit. The flavor consisted of bittersweet chocolate, lightly bitter roasted malts, caramelized sugar, dark fruits, and a bit of alcohol. The mouthfeel was medium to full-bodied with minimal carbonation. Different and a little unusual. Way over the top for the style, but that's what the brewer intended. (610 characters)

3.05/5  rDev -24.9%

I like altbier's, and I really like other Two Brother's beers I've tried, so I was really excited when I heard about this one. It was pretty good, but I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed by this beer.

It pours a coffee brown with a very minimal head (less than a cm). Aroma is light, pleasant, and toffee-ish. Flavor is slightly sour and heavily caramel-y...more like a bock than I expected. The sourness seems slightly off to me, and I must say that the mouthfeel is over-carbonated, which is odd given the small amount of head when I poured it. This beer is also sticky in your mouth, which in my opinion is consistent with the style. Still, I must say i was a bit disappointed with the flavor of this beer. (722 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last