The Bitter End Pale Ale - Two Brothers Brewing Company

Two Brothers Brewing Company visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.20% ABV

13.5 Plato and 30 IBU

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 06-14-2002)
CraftyChuck

12-10-2011 13:35:31 | More by captainbearcat
ryseone

Tennessee

4.97/5  rDev +32.5%

Appearance: Beautiful golden yellow with a nice creamy White head holds very stiff
Aroma: Very fruity and Hoppy with a hint of heather flower
Taste: Hoppy and fruity right up front with a good crisp refreshing low malt and nice floral refresher it is packed with all sorts of hops
Notes: Hops Hops Hops Hops heather flower Hops Hops Creamy head If you like this try Dead Guy Ale from Rogue. not as hoppy but still good

07-17-2008 00:35:53 | More by ryseone
jackscrow

4.88/5  rDev +30.1%

I am not a "reviewer". I do know what I like. I love this beer.

I had it brought in to my home tavern. It feels lighter in body than most bitters style ales and seems much more drinkable. It must be an anomaly, because nothing else Two Brothers makes struck me like this, and I try many different types. And it may be imagination, or just the temperature difference, but the label is right; you do taste the "Bitter End".

Does not seem to have much carbonation, which I also like.

Most beers of this type are not the kind you can consume in quantity. This beer is. Thank goodness.

Update yer damn web-site Two Brothers....

* Addendum: Had to stop using this beer at my tavern several months ago. Too many quality issues.

Unfortunately this beer does not have a very long shelf life. I was getting too many that had already soured in the bottle while still within the "use" date.

Replaced it with Bell's Third Coast Beer.

09-23-2004 20:43:05 | More by jackscrow

04-09-2012 21:09:28 | More by tomserio
tronester

Oklahoma

On cask at the Maproom 7/9/2009

Served in an Imperial Pint glass, around 55 degrees F. Orange/brown in appearance, with a fluffy off-white head. Smells faintly of grain and british yeast. Taste is bready, toasted malt, nice earthy hops, but a hint of citrus as well in the finish. Super velvety mouthfeel. Nice low carbonation levels that tickle the tongue. Crazy drinkability, this is a fantastic beer on cask. Takes me back to England and its cask ales. HIGHLY recommended on cask.

07-10-2009 21:43:42 | More by tronester
prisdefer

06-21-2012 19:40:44 | More by prisdefer
SamIam

06-05-2012 00:49:07 | More by SamIam
cbutova

4.68/5  rDev +24.8%

This beer is already got me thinking mini-Hop Juice, and I love Hop Juice. Pours a nice clear dark amber with a two finger head that has good retention. Leaves thick lacing as I drink this one away. Smells of great hops, light malts, and some sweetness, lots of hops for a pale ale but this one smells great. Taste is basically the same, lots of hops (good ones), sweetness, light malts and some pine hops too on the aftertaste. This is what I would want a pale ale to be. Mouthfeel is light-medium bodied with a kick to the tongue of bitterness, smooth with good carbonation and no real creaminess. No off flavors or alcohol to kill this pale ale, flavors stay present throughout the beer. The hops might get taxing on the tongue after a while. Drinkability is good. Great taste, decent price, will buy this if I want a pale ale again, once again the hops might become overkill on this one. Probably buy it again if I see it around for a session beer.

10-12-2009 02:30:58 | More by cbutova
atremains

4.65/5  rDev +24%

Appearance is a nice full golden orange with a pure white head that reduces to a ring around the beer. Smell is piney and citrus hops with a malt backbone. Taste is what I want in a pale ale. Crisp light and refreshing with a big flavor that doesnt tax the palate. The carbonation is a little rough but calms down as the beer warms. Drinkability is high here. If I can find this one I would make it my new session regular.

10-12-2009 02:35:34 | More by atremains
jhauser3

4.58/5  rDev +22.1%

This is one of my favorite american Pale Ales. I am biased as it is also local to me. It is exciting to live close to a place that makes such a good beer.
The beauty of this beer is really the last sip. As a hop head, the "bitter end" of the beer leaves a lasting impression that made me want to go back out and get more.
The nice part about this beer is that I am able to bring this home in mass quantities, knowing that most people will enjoy it. It is balanced and sweet enough that even my wife would drink it. The smell of hops on the nose makes me salivate as I try to figure out what type I am smelling.
Overall, this is a great beer!

02-04-2010 19:00:14 | More by jhauser3
Ascender

4.55/5  rDev +21.3%

I live in the Chicagoland area and I am a big fan of the Two Brothers Brewery in general.

Appearance: Darkish orange, slightly cloudy.
Pours with a thin head that quickly dissipates and light lacing.
Scent: Fruity with a bit of a floral note, light on the hops scent and some maltiness
Taste: An initial caramel touch with some slight malty notes and a citrus finish with a hoppy bite at the end. As noted, this is not an IPA in Pale Ale clothing, but a true ale.
Mouthfeel: Smooth, not overly carbonated. Round on the tongue
Overall: I love this beer. I can drink it all summer day long. The days are getting shorter and I'll be moving on to my heavier beers but it's a wonderful barbeque beer.

10-19-2011 01:02:23 | More by Ascender
Bighuge

4.55/5  rDev +21.3%

The beer pours a beautiful clear copper hue. A medium sized head disintigrates into an edging of off-white cream that laces nicely. This brew smells exceptional. Dry hopped to perfection. Very nice humulene aromatics present. Just an amazing fresh hop smell here. Surprisingly, after such an abundant smell of hops, the taste isn't over-ridden with hops. They are there and very nice, but the beer is somewhat balanced. There's a good bitterness present. Not IPA bitterness, but good nonetheless. Malt balances everything out very nicely in this brew. This is a very drinkable APA. And very delicious. I'd have to say that this is one of the few elite American style Pale Ales that I have tried so far.

06-14-2002 22:04:47 | More by Bighuge
Rennpferd

Wisconsin

4.55/5  rDev +21.3%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a clean pint glass.

Pours a beautiful golden amber color with a creamy white one inch head that settles down to about a quarter inch after a few moments. Active carbination moves up the whole length of the glass to the top.

It has a great hops smell that is robust and easy to detect.

A very strong taste of hops that leaves a slight bitter taste in the mouth. It goes down smooth.

This is a very tasty beverage that I could drink all day.

11-30-2006 05:31:02 | More by Rennpferd