Join our email list →

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: kawilliams81 on 11-20-2012

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
4.56/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A- Pours a crystal clear maroon/amber into my Ithaca Excelsior tulip. A thin bubbly head floats atop and fades away leaving a nice bit of sticky lacing clinging to the sides of the glass. Not much in the way of carbonation.

S- Sweet caramel, mango, grapefruit, and huge doses of pine sap/needles/bark. The alcohol shows it's head, but is pretty much covered up by pineapple and citrus. It has a touch of burnt sugar, green tea and spicy rye as well. I could sit and smell this all day.

T- Pineapple covered in caramel and rolled in pine needles and weed. Pungent Florida citrus blends well with the tropical fruit sweetness and piney hops. The alcohol is present, but not dominant. Nice notes of mild tea.

M- Pungent and dank but with a nice sweetness and caramel thickness. Glides down your throat and hangs onto your tongue nicely.

O- This is really fantastic! I'd been waiting and wanting to grab this since it came to my area a couple of weeks ago. Not sure it'll make my regular rotation at $16.99/6, but I'll be happy to grab this a few times a year. I can see drinking this next to my fire place as I am now, or out at my grill with some chicken and shrimp this summer.

4.72/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Poured into an Olde Hickory glass on 1/17/13

Lot 3132

Nice-looking tobacco brown of medium depth. The head has loose bubbles but they hold for a while at the one and a half finger mark before dropping down. Circles of lace remain that make the inside of the glass look like a golf ball.

Hops aplenty come bursting out of the aroma, equally oily and resinous. There is a strong, bright citrus presence: peach, tangerine, grapefruit and such. It smells very juicy at first, bringing to mind marmalade and fruit jam as it opens up. Touches of pine. Biscuit dust hangs in the air as pastry-like malts lay underneath. I'm not getting any caramel.

Breakfast and beer are almost always brought together some combination of coffee, oatmeal, maple and, perhaps, bacon. But this; this, my friends, finds the oft overlook sweet side of breakfast - biscuits lathered in jam and jelly, and fruit pasties to spare.

The flavors develop in a much different manner: Toasted grains and bread come first, though both are soon awash in a swell of hop oils. Here, the hops exhibit much more pine; lots of sticky resin. Citric zest peppers the mid-section. Indeed, the hops are worthy of revelry As the oils carry the beer on, a smooth alcohol heat moves across the palate. More hop flavor than bitterness.

The feel is resinous enough that the body might as well be called full. Carbonation is taxed heavily by the oils which means it falls comfortably within my preferential range. The finish is zesty, dry and the alcohol is less appreciable over time.

I'm a sucker for a good imperial red ale, but have been disappointed many times by Two Brothers. When I came across a chilled single, I had to give it a try. They knocked it outta the park with this one. An easy recommendation.

4.84/5  rDev +18.6%

The revelry imperial red is amazing and is in competition with cane and ebel as my favorite beer from two bros! The beer pours a clear rich amber with a thin frothy head that is lacing like a Vicky secret catalog. The smell is powered with piney citrus hops. The taste is a beautifully balanced beer of caramel malt with California hops. The mouthfeel is full body with smooth carbonation. Overall the beer is awesome...only problem is that I want to drink a ton of it but it is loaded with abv!!!

This was the best beer I rang in the New Year with!

Three finger off white head

Dark amber in color!

Smells of pine and malt, plus aromatic resins

Tastes: PIne, warming malt, and hops!

Mouthfeel: Smooth, sharp, and refreshing!

Overall, this is a beer that I could drink for a good long time! I want to try more of this style, and I'd have a six pack or a on-draught in no time! Gorgeous beer! I've always liked Redheads!

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last