Tröegs DreamWeaver Wheat - Tröegs Brewing Company

Tröegs Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Hefeweizen |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: blitheringidiot on 06-25-2004

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,740 | Reviews: 612

4.88/5  rDev +31.2%

4.84/5  rDev +30.1%

Probably the best of the troegs I'v had, this beer manages to be low alcohol and extremely flavorful. The beer has a spicy smell and a taste to match with a tour of the spice cabinet as far as flavor. The beer finishes with the flavor of sweet malts.. It goes down too easily.

4.82/5  rDev +29.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A: Pretty and hazy light straw hue with a frothy white half-inch head that settled quickly.

S: Such an interesting experience! Strong sweet floral scent - almost like honeysuckle or jasmine. Entertained myself for awhile trying to figure out the aroma.

T: The floral aroma hung on through the taste, eventually giving way to clear banana with a slightly sour undertone. The light floral showed up again at the finish. Complex and interesting all the way through.

M: A light, refreshing carbonated mouthfeel. I want this one around for summer.

O: I haven't been much impressed by wheat beers to this point - but now I have one that I love.

4.8/5  rDev +29%

Cloudy white wit-like appearance with a nice full creamy white head and good carbonation. Distinct clove, bubblegum, and banana aroma and flavors. Definitely fits the Bavarian hefeweizen profile. Very nice balanced fruit/spice yeastiness. Medium bodied, creamy and smooth; very refreshing solid brew.

Very nice summer brew that I plan on getting more of !

Per TBC website: 4.8% ABV. 15 IBU.
Malts: Pilsner and Vienna.
Hops: Saaz

Bottled: 06/20/06
Tasted: 07/06/06

($1.49 / 12 oz.)

4.8/5  rDev +29%

Had a great experience on my trip to troegs today, so happy this place is within an hour of my house

poured this into a pint glass, had a 1" head that disipated quickly. Cloudy hef style with alight wheat and citrus smell, dipped my nose right into this one. Has a slight orange overtone to the wheat flavor. Very smooth brew that I could sit and drink for hours, this is def on my tip 5 favorite list, you want to introduce someone to craft beers give them this...big thanks to troegs for producing a great beer

4.79/5  rDev +28.8%

I am not a fan of the style, bottle try some anyway since hefe beer is better than none! CANs soon, I promise.

From the bottle: "DreamWeaver Wheat is an unfiltered splash of spicy mouthwatering joy. Pour 3/4 of the bottle into a glass, swirl the bottle to invigorate the yeast and pour remainder down the center of the glass." Cool, it comes with directions since everybody tells me I need more direction in life.

I got a finger of fluffy bone-white head from my pour and then it suddenly fell like a souffle when someone bangs the oven door shut. Color was a VERY cloudy orangish-yellow, like fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Nose was as advertised - spicy, specifically clove forward with undertones of the banana/bubble gum esters that usually put me off in a big way. The clove-forward smell is achieved by fermenting hefe yeast at lager temperatures and I had not realized that homeboys John & Chris were doing this with theirs or I would have been drinking a lot more of it a lot sooner. Mouthfeel was not quite full, but close, and the clove spiciness was like the Clove Life Savers that I was (seemingly) the only person who liked them. For our more modern and hip users, think clove cigarettes. I once made an air freshener out of an orange by sticking cloves into it in the shape of a smiley face. Yay, cloves! This was joy in a bottle. Frankly, I did not really experience the banana/bubble gum nonsense that so thoroughly puts me off. Finish was pretty dry for the style, given its intense spice but I was down with it. More please, Mssrs. Musselman and Yashinsky.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Tröegs DreamWeaver Wheat from Tröegs Brewing Company