Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Tröegs DreamWeaver Wheat - Tröegs Brewing Company

Tröegs DreamWeaver WheatTröegs DreamWeaver Wheat

good

Tröegs Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Hefeweizen |  4.80% ABV

Beer added by: blitheringidiot on 06-25-2004

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Tröegs DreamWeaver Wheat Alström Bros
Reviews: 619 | Hads: 1,817
1.89/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.25

This reviewer was spot on... "A: Clear sunshine yellow, very active carbonation throughout, 1/4 inch head that stays. S: Bananas, but the artificial syrupy kind, and apple tartness, slight clove spice. T: Empty. Not much there on the front end, slight apple and banana on the back-end. A super disappointment here. M: Very high carbonation, almost too much, similar to that of seltzer water, very bitey with each gulp. O: Very disappointed. I was hoping this would fit the bill for my summer go-to this year. Nope." (515 characters)

1.92/5  rDev -49.6%

O: Very disappointed. I was hoping this would fit the bill for my summer go-to this year. Nope. (488 characters)

2.03/5  rDev -46.7%

Poured into a weizen glass.

A - Pale yellow coloration, transparent, hmm, unfiltered? Could have fooled me. Thin soapy head, not much lacing left behind.

S - The aroma of lemon juice fills the nose. That is all.

T - Banana candy with a lemon backing. Bland and one sided, there isn't much here. I know it's not supposed to be a german style hefeweizen, but come on, give me something.

M - Light bodied, sharp carbonation, slightly watery consistency.

D - November Golf. No Go. I suppose if you were looking for a high citrus powered alternative to lemonade that had an abv, this would suit you well. Otherwise don't bother. (628 characters)

2.17/5  rDev -43%

light cloudy gold in appearance. Smell is a nice blend of hops, malt and spices. The mouthfeel is clean and crisp. Taste is more on a Belgian wheat, but a ok blend of what you want in this type of brew. Overall a rather flat beer that leave the mouth wonder what it is drinking. It is a little in flavor, taste and aftertaste. (326 characters)

2.2/5  rDev -42.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Cloudy yellow with a small white head.Nice carbonation and no lacing.

Yeast and sweet smells emerge from the glass.Mabey pepper.

Sweet,yeast and some slight bitterness.

The carbonation isnt that bad, it sorda attacks your tongue.

This stuff aint bad.This is the first time I left the yeast out of the glass and it taste way better then with it in.I think the yeast used to give me headaches in the past so we will see whats up.I dont know if ide buy again but a solid brew. (485 characters)

2.28/5  rDev -40.2%

12oz bottle poured into a weizen glass.

A - the piss from a dehydrated person. that's the best way to describe it. no head at all.

S - yeast, wheat, bananas, spices. the spices seemed to predominant (weird, I know.)

T - spices (cloves for sure), yeast, wheat (with that classic wheat tang), and a banana touch, but not as much as in the nose. the spices overpowered the wheat and made this beer taste awful, just awful. drain-pour.

M - I'm honestly not sure. i didn't write it down at the time.

D - never. again. (517 characters)

2.29/5  rDev -39.9%

Hazy straw with a solid finger of tight, white foam, lots of lace. Expected more head, though.

Light banana and clove, the doughy malt really comes through.

Bland. Doughy, a little bit of banana, some clove, slight tartness. Nice firm but clean bitterness.

A bit light in mouthfeel and carbonation for the style.

Definitely a hefeweizen designed to not scare away those unfamiliar with the style. I really don't care for this approach. (441 characters)

2.45/5  rDev -35.7%

Had this beer out of twelve ounce bottle from the anthology collection pack. Served in a pilsner glass cool.

A. With yeast....a lemondrop murky body and a nice white head.

S. Lemonzest ...bread yeast...slight bubblegum and clove.

T.lemon and clove are there...little vegetable flavor as well

M. Light but somewhat oily

D. Okay but not very refreshing. Mouthfeel is a bit offputting. (387 characters)

2.45/5  rDev -35.7%

Drank this one with a good friend, William Pang (Queens, NY).

Appearance is exactly like one guy on here put it: the piss from a dehydrated person. Nothing happening. Very light yellow, little carbonation, no depth to it at all, no head.

Smell is very pungent, lots of fruit and primarily a sour apple smell, but not enjoyable at all.

Taste is also appley, with heavy wheat tones.

Mouthfeel is extremely thin. A bit bitter and stinging.

Drinkability is decent, mostly because it doesnt have much taste, and is extremely light and has some stinging carbonation to it. (573 characters)

2.52/5  rDev -33.9%

A: Pours an opaque yellow with a cloudy haze. Little white head that was gone within seconds.

S: best part of the beer. Smells very fruity, notes. of citrus such as orange and lemon zest. subtle wheat smell

T: overpowering fruity esters. orange and lemon really take over the pallet, very subtle wheat and it ends with a lingering grassy note. It not very complex and really not impressive at all

M: Very thin, slick feel. again, not impressed

D: To me this beer really missed. The water-thin mouthfeel combined with overpowering fruit and grass left me rather unimpressed. I probably won't be reaching for another any time soon. (633 characters)

2.58/5  rDev -32.3%

I bought a single bottle of this beer at Belmont Party Supply in Dayton, OH. Poured into a standard pint glass

A - Hazy yellow with very little head.

S - Citrusy, clean smell.

T - Dissapointed in this area. It seemed watered down and lacky any substance.

M - Very light and watery.

D - Low ABV and little aftertaste let this beer drink easily, but left a lot to be desired.

Maybe I got an old bottle? I forgot to check to see if there was a freshness date, but regardless this beer did rank highly for me. Doubtful I would buy it again. (544 characters)

2.62/5  rDev -31.2%

Looks like a standard Hefe Weizen, pale yellow in color, a buttery look to it. Smell was dominated by banana, but also had other citrus fruits (orange, lemon), and a yeasty smell. I enjoyed the smell, I just wished the complexity of the smell came out in the taste, which I found to be pretty unimpressiveoverall. I could taste the wheat and the bready flavors, plus a little bit on tangy citrus, but it was all so watered down. When the beer first hit my mouth, I could get almost nothing out of it. The only way I picked up on the flavors was from the faint aftertaste. Drinkable, but I think there are a lot better examples of this type of beer out there. (658 characters)

2.63/5  rDev -31%

Taste - Lemon, wheat, banana, spices and a whole lot of funk. Not the best from Troegs that's for sure. Nowhere near the best wheat beer either. There are better options out there. (180 characters)

2.66/5  rDev -30.2%

Bottle poured to pint glass.

A: cloudy pale yellow, 1 finger fast thinning white head
S: citrus windex, lemon chemicals
T: hard carbonated bite, lemon chemicals, clean finish
M: decent, fairly smooth
D: ok

This beer smelled like it should say, "Warning, keep away from mouth and eyes, if it comes in contact rise thoroughly."
... It kinda tasted like it smelled, I felt like there was windex in the beer. (406 characters)

2.74/5  rDev -28.1%

For a wheat ale, I didn't really like this beer. I was expecting a typcial wheat beer with a hint of banana like it mentions. I guess I didn't read the description well enough, because a lot of spice/pepper/clove comes through instead. I found the spices to be overwhelming and left me with a bad aftertaste. (308 characters)

2.79/5  rDev -26.8%

Nice light, hazy yellow/orange in color with a bubbly stark white head. Laces okay. Overall, very nice.

Smell is pretty run of the mill. Slight citrus, and a bit of malts/grains.

Taste was initially slight citrus, with a good wheat taste. It finishes though with a cloying fruit sweetness that completely throws this out of whack for me.

The feel is alright, which a bit of crispness from adequate carbonation. Feel is overall light.

It's not horrible on the drink, but nothing I'm going to go out of my way for. (518 characters)

2.9/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

This is almost a parody of a wit (even though its not technically a wit). It's as if the brewer cranked up the citrus and sweetness to 11 on the assumption that more is better. Quaffing this one made me feel like I was drinking some new yuppie malt beverage; it didn't exhibit beer tastes and wasn't balanced. This one is all sweetness and overwhelming flavors, the kind of beer that gives wheat beers a bad name. (413 characters)

2.91/5  rDev -23.6%

Pours a hazy light sunny amber with a half inch bubbly white head that dissipates quickly. Faint lacing. Aroma is of yeast mostly, with some light grassy and piney hints. Taste is like pretty much every other mediocre wheat beer: light on hops, some pine, very yeasty, dry, and lightly metallic. Mouthfeel is light. I'm not much of a fan. (338 characters)

2.96/5  rDev -22.3%

A - Very pale yellow color and when I held it up to the light I noticed it had an almost pale green color...reminded me of mountain dew only not as neon, which I thought was very interesting.

S - Yeasty smell with some spiciness, was already, although wasn't what I was expecting

T - I'll try to be fair here, but I really really wasn't a fan of how this tasted, but I think I might have an issue with 'herby' beers. Tasted of cloves, yeast and had a light carbonation, if you really like beers that taste like this, you're sure to like it.

M - Not over-carbonated, which was nice, was a little rough going down for me though despite this.

D - I, personally, wouldn't drink this one again, it was just too different for me, I prefer my beers to be nuttier or fruiter and this one tasted like I sucked down a bottle of kitchen spices...but if you're into that, give this one a try! (884 characters)

2.97/5  rDev -22%

Dream Weaver Wheat poured a very light color, with a head that stayed with the whole beer. It had a wheat smell, and some other spices. It had a similar taste, and it was kinda of spicy like a german beer. It was light and very easy to drink. Overall not a horrible beer, felt it was lacking some flavor. (304 characters)

2.98/5  rDev -21.8%

I just heard about the Troegs brewery recently since moving from Ohio to Virginia. I picked this up in a mix-pack from the Westover Market in Arlington.

Appearance: hazy, gold color with a half inch head on the pour

Smell: banana and clove

Taste: banana and clove...i can tell this is a quality beer, im just not a huge fan of that banana and clove taste from a wheat ale

Mouthfeel: medium body

Drinkability: id probably only do one in a night since the taste aint that great (480 characters)

Appearance- Nice hazy yellow color with an inch of white haed.

Smell- Strong wheat smell with a hint of fruits

Taste- Nice wheat taste with a hint of fruits.

Mouthfeel- Light body with lots of carbonation.

Drinkability- It wasn't a bad beer. It had nice fruit taste. I've had better. (296 characters)

Enjoyed this 12oz bottle out of a large snifter glass.

A: Cloudy light blonde ale with a white one-finger head that quickly dissipates into a wispy lace.

S: This brew has a yeasty bread aroma. Hints of lemon in the background.

T: Similar to the smell this beer has zingy yeast and bread flavor. There is some mild citrus notes.

M: Medium body and medium carbonation

O: This was the first beer by Troegs that has disappointed me. It was a decent wheat beer but nothing I would try again. (491 characters)

A - the appearance if that of an average wheat beer - cloudy, gold/hay color but - with an unremarkable head that dissolves quickly.

S - light and citrusy with a bit of "zing."

T/M/D - this one feels a bit thin on the tongue, without much breadiness. The taste is similarly light, with a slightly sour note aside the citrusy flavor. I'd call this one about average. (367 characters)

3.03/5  rDev -20.5%

First had: on tap at Washington House, Sellersville, PA

Pours a cloudy golden-yellow with a two-finger white head that fizzles away to nothing. Yeasty aroma, with a little bit of banana and cloves. Big yeasty taste, very bready, more of the banana and cloves I got in the aroma, thick and wheaty, but not too harsh, and little to no citrus detected...maybe just a subtle bit. Medium, chewy mouthfeel, and fairly drinkable, but not really my style. (448 characters)

Tröegs DreamWeaver Wheat from Tröegs Brewing Company