Tröegs Perpetual IPA - Tröegs Brewing Company

Tröegs Perpetual IPATröegs Perpetual IPA

Tröegs Brewing Company visit their website
Pennsylvania, United States

Beer added by: thain709 on 08-11-2011

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2,911 | Reviews: 597

2.5/5  rDev -38.7%

4.75/5  rDev +16.4%

3.5/5  rDev -14.2%

4.75/5  rDev +16.4%

4.5/5  rDev +10.3%

4.58/5  rDev +12.3%

The CANQuest (TM) had been hearing noises that sounded like CANs coming from Hershey, but it was not until Sunday night during a visit to The Fridge in advance of a visit from my local trader, tone77, that I spied this one and Troegenator on the shelf. The CANQuest (TM) is honored to have the first CAN review on this site as part of the approach to CANQuest Review # 1000!

From the CAN: "Pack it in, Pack it out!" The graphics are beautiful with the gears having been rendered marvelously and I am certain that Jeff Lebo will be proud to have it in his collection.

The Crack! was nice and loud and the inverted Glug got me off and running. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning, opening a long-desired present to begin playing with it. I have become masterful at this practice and the pour was picture-perfect, resulting in two dense fingers of French Vanilla-colored head with excellent retention. A brief pseudo-cascade resulted, finalizing in a beautifully clear golden-yellow (SRM = > 5, < 7) and rather than fighting, Mammon, Croesus and Midas defaulted to yours truly, clapping as I took my first sip. I leaned in for a sniff first, taking in a tropical pungency of mango, tangerine, papaya and grapefruit. My mouth was watering and the hops monkey on my back also made a sudden appearance! I began to feel as though something historical was going to happen when I hit the "review" button, but then my homeboy, nick "the tick" D717 chimed in, reminding me that it would only be hysterical, as usual. I tied off, raised a toast to nickD717, and hit paydirt. Man, it came on like an Acela train between stations, high-flying and stopping for nothing and no one. The mouthfeel was medium, but who cares? I was gettin' my hops fix, baby! It had a tropical fruitiness underlain by a grapefruit bitterness and the monkey began to settle down. I looked down and ... Jumpin' Jehosephat! I had already CANsumed half of the beer in my glass. It may have been excitement, but I would rate the Drinkability high on this one, if such a designation still existed on this site. Finish was dry and biting and when I listened closely, I could hear the Zephyr winds blowing across the Sahara Desert. Phew! This may not make an ideal outdoor beer at 7.5% ABV, but in that case, I want to put Sunshine Pils on my CAN Want List prior to the summer.

3.5/5  rDev -14.2%

3.8/5  rDev -6.9%

4.5/5  rDev +10.3%

4.25/5  rDev +4.2%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Tröegs Perpetual IPA from Tröegs Brewing Company