Trip IV - Elysian Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Elysian Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

Sahti |  7.20% ABV

(Beer added by: ccrida on 12-06-2009)

oline73, Nov 16, 2011
3.5/5  rDev +1.4%

Glibber, Oct 07, 2012
3.6/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

"Rye ale brewed with pale and crystal malts, with cascade and amarillo hops, and juniper, orange and lemon peel."
On draught at the brewpub, the Trip IV is a pale ruddy brown with an off-white head leaving scattered lace.

Smell is the best part, like an orange creamsicle.

Taste is like coco lotion at first, with the spices coming out as it warms. Never had this style before so I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it seems to much like a novelty beer for my taste, kind of muddled. The ABV, however, is well hidden behind the strong spices.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, slick, with lower carbonation.

Drinkability is OK I guess, it had a Belgianesque potpourri vibe but was not something I'd seek out. Will have to try to remember this if I ever get my hands on another Sahti (although I confess I've already struggled to remember this beer in spite of typing this up from notes less then a week later).

ccrida, Dec 06, 2009
4.72/5  rDev +36.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This was a first introduction to a Sahti style ale and I was very impressed. I tried this at the Phinney Neighborhood Assoc. Winter Beer taste and went back for seconds. The juniper notes are subtle and delicious. This was a very drinkable beer, not overly sweet and very smooth.

Stanleyca, Jan 08, 2010
Trip IV from Elysian Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.