Space Dust IPA - Elysian Brewing Company

Elysian Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

Beer added by: corby112 on 08-06-2012

Ratings: 953 | Reviews: 159

Hoppy without being bitter. Citrus undertones. My beer of choice. I only wish they sold it by the case!

Great citrus hops

Where do I begin? You don't just drink this IPA, you experience it. When poured, presents a wonderfully cloudy appearance, soft white head, ethereal taste, and warm feelings throughout one's person. To say I would drink this again is an understatement.

I'm not into rating beers, but Space Dust IPA on cask is one of the best IPA's. I've had Pliny, Heady, Hopslam, etc., but if you are in Seattle and can find it, consider yourself LUCKY!

Delicious right out of the bottle

Excellent Beer for all of you

I had this as I was drinking a sculpin grapefruit ipa and wow. Obviously different but this would give heady topper and road to ruin a run for its money

This beer will be my new go-to IPA if I can just find more stores in this area that stock it. A fantastic IPA. The amarillo really stands out in the aroma along with quite a bit earthy notes. The aroma follows up on the taste: a bitter full bodied mouthfeel with notes of pineapple and tropical fruit. Absolutely delicous. Goes down way too easy so watch out because it's on the higher ABV side.

This beer is awesome. Get dusted.

4.96/5  rDev +21%

Very good IPA. Well balanced hoppy beer, great citrus smell. Not malty at all. World Class!

4.81/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A fantastic West Coast IPA !

4.81/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

My favorite beer to date!

4.76/5  rDev +16.1%

Smooth, fruity and hoppy upfront. The aftertaste is one of the best ive ever had with a beer. Definetely a west coast ipa.

4.75/5  rDev +15.9%

Love. Love. LOVE this beer.

I am so stoked that Elysian decided to make this a regular six-pack distributed beer because it will certainly become one of my regularly rotated IPA's.
If you're in the mood for a hop-bomb but not the same ol' same ol' then I recommend this beer. It has the basic citrus and flaurel feel of a West-coast, Northwest IPA. So crisp, so refreshing, seems so drinkable but it is a 7.20% abv so watch out for that.
I love Elysian. I love their style. and I really love this IPA.

4.75/5  rDev +15.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I don't know how you get better than this. I love it.

4.73/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Nice hoppy kick with a great hop smell. Can't ask for a better IPA

4.73/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

12 oz bottle, brewed on Oct. 16/14

The limited distribution (thus far) and slightly higher price may keep this beer from getting sampled from the masses.....their loss.
Great recipe, tremendous execution. Crisp, clean, and a real tribute to the Amarillo dry hop, in it's glory. This is a must-try IPA...now my favorite beer, hands down. Get some.
----------------------------------------
Feb. 5.2015: Just found out that Elysian sold out to AB, the Great Satan. Elysian is now dead to me.

4.7/5  rDev +14.6%

Poured from a 32oz growler into a Tulip. Hazy copper with a nice frothy head. First impression was the beautiful aroma! Ahhh. Hops and fruit are lingering all about! First sip...nice mouthfeel, good carbonation, fruity & piney hops. Just enough bitter on the finish but doesn't ruin the flavor of this excellent IPA. Well done Elysian. I like!

4.7/5  rDev +14.6%

The look, smell, taste, and feel of this beer are all top quality. Looks rich and delicious, smells rich and delicious, tastes rich and delicious and feels (you guessed it) rich and delicious.

4.62/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I've had the pleasure of having this beer from the tap and from the bottle. When from the bottle, I poured into a pint glass. The color is a real golden color with at least a half inch of thick white head. The smell is very aromatic. Lots of citrus up front. As far as the taste, the first notes I got was a mixture between bright piney hops and citrus. In more detail, big grapefruit notes come after the swallow and stick around. Hops are up front but not over powering. As the beer warms the flavors intensify and become a little more complex.
This is a very well balanced IPA with great smell and flavor. One of my favorites for sure.

4.62/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Ideal IPA taste, weak head from my bottle (not sure if just my batch), love the graphic

4.6/5  rDev +12.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This is quite possibly my favorite beer. I first tried it on tap; the taste is so unique that the name goes well with this beer. Drinking this with or without a meal is perfect because it's not overpowering once you near the end of the bottle like some IPAs do. I like drinking it cold out of the bottle while reading some science fiction.

4.59/5  rDev +12%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a light golden color with a moderately thick foamy head with bubbly lacing that retains well. The aroma hits you with a strong citric hops that is prevalent throughout the drink. The taste is like a hops explosion in your taste buds! Great feel; medium bodied and slightly chewy, moderate carbonation, very drinkable.
After a long day at work, I stopped by one of my go to spots and picked out, among others, two IPAs. I had decided that I wanted to kick back with something that gave me a nice hops kick in aroma and taste. I randomly chose this one and am not disappointed in the slightest. Will definitely get again!!

4.56/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I am a recent Hoosier transplant to central Maryland (see username). Like any proud transplant, I compare all new things to the best in the midwest. When talking about beer that means all breweries get compared to Three Floyds, Bells, Founders, and Brugge and all beers to their beers. Unfortunately, it typically isn't worth the effort to compare IPAs and APAs to Three Floyd's Zombie Dust because it is simply too good. That said, Space Dust shares more in common with Zombie Dust than half of its name. Space Dust sported that familiar fresh, citrusy aroma and bitter hoppiness that I love in Zombie Dust. I'd say the biggest difference between the two beers is that Space Dust is actually available for purchase!! (Zombie Dust is simply too hard to find.)

4.51/5  rDev +10%

Pours a slightly hazy orange-amber.

Smells of oranges, pineapple, and pine.

Very refreshing. All of the flavors are light on the tongue but have a strong backbone
And are very well balanced. The alcohol is hidden well. Kind of feel like I'm drinking a
session ipa. The piney orange dominates with a strong bitter weight on the bulk of my tongue. Great mouthfeel. Overall a solid delicious ipa.

4.5/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

On vaca in seattle. Closest to heady topper I have had in a while

Space Dust IPA from Elysian Brewing Company