Superfuzz Blood Orange Pale Ale - Elysian Brewing Company

Elysian Brewing Company visit their website
Washington, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  5.40% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: beertunes on 03-09-2013)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Superfuzz Blood Orange Pale Ale Alström Bros

4.75/5  rDev +28.7%

Had this brew on guest draft at Market Cross Pub in Carlisle, PA. Loved it. Bought two growlers until they ran out. Just a hint of orange, great pale ale.

4.5/5  rDev +22%

This is my new favorite beer! Very fruity and just a touch bitter.

Hot Rods Wharton, NJ 10/17/14

4.43/5  rDev +20.1%

Wow, man, dig that I scored a limited release beer! I usually steer clear of chasing after such things, but we are in the midst of the most righteous return of the super groovy late-'60's/early-'70's and I totally caught onto the hip vibe of the label when I saw it in the cooler at HungernThirst. All right, here goes, man. What is black and white and full of fuzz? A police car, baby! Man, they made noises about me possibly taking over the yearbook next year until I started rapping about it being the most far out, psychedelic edition in the school's 75-year history. Then they got that nervous look that they always get when I suggest things and backed off. Ya dig, man? I was going to make like Timothy Leary and make sure that each student got a communion wafer on their tongue at the beginning of each class meeting, but no more than a quarter-tab as they might have other things to do during the day. I am tuned in like Roger Sterling and I see no reason that others shouldn't see the light.

From the groovy bottle, man: "Blood Orange Pale"; "Ale brewed with Blood Orange".

My pour netted me a solid finger of far out orangish-yellow head with decent retention, man. I was mesmerized watching it fall, leaving that groovy lacing in its wake. Color was a hazy shade of winter, I mean a hazy orange. Nose totally sent me, man, with its beautiful scent of freshly-squeezed oranges. Mouthfeel was a little on the thin side, but that was not what was making the scene, dig? Instead, it was that freaky taste of oranges commingling with the citrusy hops that was like an electric kool-aid acid test in the mouth, man! It was totally happening and very reminiscent of Shiner's Ruby Red that this cool cat turned me onto last Saturday in Philly, man. I would fully have both of them back-to-back or maybe side-by-side, kind of like those swingin' kitties that I hooked up with after a fest. Back to the beer, right, man? The finish was dry, but citrus dry, not hoppy dry, if you can dig that action. Man, I would score some of this while the Elysian Man is still holding cause he might run dry at any time and then you'll be jonesin' in a big way, man.

4.39/5  rDev +19%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

the perfect summer Pale Ale with a great hop presence , big mouthfeel and then the added bonus of the extra taste of blood orange which comes through in the nose and the finish. This is no novelty beer but instead a strong contender for one of the best PA's in the PNW. I hope they make it year round.

4.3/5  rDev +16.5%