Delta Single Hop - Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro

1 Rating

pDev: n/a
Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro visit their website
Washington, United States

American Pale Ale (APA) |  ABV ?

Beer added by: beertunes on 05-01-2012

3.02/5  rDev n/a

The latest in BBs Single hop series features the new hybrid Delta hop. Derved in straight pint glass. Poured a hazy (much more so than has been typical for this series)golden yellow color, with just a thin ring of off-white head that that had minimal retention and no lacing at all.

The aroma was mostly grain forward, not a good sign in a beer designed to showcase the hop, but it was a scent that I enjoyed. What hop aroma there was was lightly citrusy and also had a very light floral component. There was a scent I had a hard time putting my finger on, I thought it was slightly cardboardy & someone else at the bar thought it was kind of a mineral scent. Either way, it detracted from the aroma.

The taste was the same, dry citrus upfront, good, earthy grains in the middle and a dry floral and citrus hop finish. The body was good, typical for this series of Pales, smooth, even and full without being heavy.

Drinkability was decent, but I kept getting distracted by that scent/taste that I couldn't identify. Overall, an OK take on the style, perhaps not as enjoyable as most of the rest of the series, but worth trying if you see it. I'll be having a couple more pints and if my opinion changes, I'll adjust my review accordingly.

Delta Single Hop from Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.