Erdinger Weissbier - Erdinger Weissbräu

Erdinger Weissbräu visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.60% ABV

Beer added by: pezoids on 01-03-2002

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Erdinger Weissbier Alström Bros

Erdinger is horribly underrated on this site; I know its not the strongest, nor the most flavourful weissbier, but it is utterly delicious. One of the easiest drinking beers I've ever tasted. A great introductory beer for those unacquainted with weissbier. Erdinger is my favourite beer hands down and a beer a recommend to weizen aficionados and newcomers alike.

always a pleasure drinking this amazing weiss on tap, so fresh and tasty

4.85/5  rDev +38.6%

For a time this was my favorite hefe, maybe even my favorite brew. I still love it but I appreciate some smaller craft hefes. This flavor lies in between Paulaner and Franziskaner. I think the Franziskaner is a little strong for most people, and this Erdinger comes in just about perfect. This is a perfect brew to sip on a hot day after working in the yard. Much tougher to find a 6 pack of this than Paulaner or Franziskaner. Sometimes i'm forced to go to Bristol Farms and get a 22 oz bottle, but usually I get it at the yardhouse in long beach on tap. I can't say anything negative about this brew. Fantastic, I can't wait to visit the Erdinger brewery.

4.72/5  rDev +34.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

My personal reference for weiss beer. Available around the globe. One of my favorites.

4.68/5  rDev +33.7%

This WAS my favorite beer until I had some FRANZISKANNER HEFE! I've been buying all the hefes I can get my hands on at the local Total Beverage store. I've tried the Weihenstephaner, Hoegaarden, Fransizkaner....but the Erdinger is my second favorite. This drinks very well for me. I'm not much of a beer drinker at all but after having this I really can appreciate the smoothness of this and how it actually quenches thirst with no aftertaste! I don't like strong beers so this Erdinger is the second best...A- for me.

4.64/5  rDev +32.6%

4.62/5  rDev +32%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Extremely poppy with a phenomenal finish.

4.6/5  rDev +31.4%

Served in an Erdinger Weizen glass

This beer introduced me to the wonderful world that comprises the Weissbier. I am proud to say that this beer is my go-to beer when I want a stong aroma, a white fluffy head, and finally tart citrus notes to end the drink with. As it warms, it remains a great companion in the evening with dinner or just alone. This is a beer that remains in my fridge.

4.58/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Very cloudy beer in appearance. Smells and tastes a little sweet. Good amount of carbonation due to the bottle fermentation. Very smooth.

Do yourself a favour and buy an "Erdinger" glass to really enjoy this beer. Otherwise If its your first time, use the largest glass you can (Sleeman works well). Also, watch a youtube video on how to pour. This may sound snooty, but it does make a difference.

This is one of my favorite beers.

Enjoy!

MB

4.58/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

06/17/14 Congrats, you've made an excellent choice. Thick, rich creamy head speckled lacing, mild aroma & serious texture almost chewable. Not what one might expect or desire in a Heff, but as a whole, it really, really good.

12/24/13 On tap. Very, very nice. This is one great beer. Soooo smooth. Unctuous comes to mind. Despite the fact Weiss biers are usually best suited for warmer weather this really hit the spot. So well balanced in an overall sense it's hard to describe what sets it apart. I guess all that's left is to say it hits all the marks, spot on. I'm drinking my second & there are 40 taps here. That should count for something.

4.58/5  rDev +30.9%

My favourite wheat beer. Refreshing taste.

4.56/5  rDev +30.3%

Poured into my new Erdinger glass. Ooh, I like this glass. Mainly because, I have no other like it. Anyways... Beer pours a hazy, almost orange hue colour. Though, in certain angles of light it does look more yellow. The head is HUGE. Though, I think the style of glass may contribute to it. Plenty of sporatic lace clings to the sides as the beer slowly disappears into my gullet. Very pleasant wheat smell, cloves, spices, light citrus fruit and some pepper on the nose. For a beer of low ABV, I can smell a bit of alcohol. Which is okay, but seems out of place. Very good taste. It almost seems layered. The first layer closest to your tongue is very midly bitter. Not exactly a grassy bitterness, but a crisp bitterness. The second layer is bready. Like drinking a fresh baked loaf. The third and final layer is sweet and sour fruits. Specifically, oranges and lime, with other citrus as well. Even some strawberries. Mouthfeel is smooth and crisp. Smooth going down the throat and caressing the tongue, but crisp after the swallow, tempting you to want another drink. Drinkable? Quite. One could pound back one after the other all night, or sip and savour it.

Erdinger Weissbier from Erdinger Weissbräu