Fuller's London Pride - Fuller Smith & Turner PLC

Fuller's London PrideFuller's London Pride

Fuller Smith & Turner PLC visit their website
United Kingdom (England)

English Pale Ale |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Fuller's London Pride Alström Bros

David1975, Dec 22, 2012

mattrauch, Nov 28, 2012
1.1/5  rDev -72.1%

I bought a can of this stuff at LCBO, because it looked good, and I thought it was on sale for $2.00 for a tallcan. It was actually $2.80, not $2.00, so I expected something delicious.

Boy was I in for a surprise.

I cracked open the can, and the distinct smell of urine wafted very quickly up to my nostrils. I drank a small sip, it tasted like it smelled, and I kicked myself in the ass for wasting my money on this "premium ale".

Now I understand why the British refer to "getting drunk", as "getting pissed"!

The urine the beer ratio in the can is UNACCEPTIBREW!!

Shameful 1/5.

The British should stick to fish and chips, and leave the brewing for us North Americans!

jkrane, Nov 01, 2013
1.25/5  rDev -68.3%

SuomiHobbit, Nov 30, 2013
1.3/5  rDev -67%

This really isnt a good beer i m afraid:

A - best thing about it a kind of honey amberish look but soapy head

S - Citrussy acidic and off-honey

T - TAstes like honey gone off or maybe earwax

M - This is a very flat beer almost stale - i know English ales are meant to be flat but this could really be used to do the dishes in its lukewarm state

D - Considering the above LOW

DerBayer, Jul 11, 2009
1.5/5  rDev -61.9%

PaF, Mar 30, 2013
1.73/5  rDev -56.1%

Wow. I love me some London porter.... Their ESB is nice too... This was awful.

Appearance is average. It's a red pour with a rocky small head that diminishes.

Smell is so full of butter, butterscotch, diacetyl... ick... Ok there's some hops in there that make is somewhat palatable but this was not a beer I enjoyed.

Taste is loaded with butter.

Mouthfeel is thick with a tongue sweater that I didn't want. ... Not a good choice for anyone who doesn't like buttery overly sweet pale ales. The hops need more spotlight.

gonzo46and2, Aug 03, 2008

Stillyman11, Jul 15, 2014
2.15/5  rDev -45.4%

A - Pours an orange-yellow with a very thin layer of foam. The foam lingers before disappearing.

S - Can definitely smell the malts. Also a slightly sweet odor is detectable

T - Disappointing. Not much substance, thin and malty.

M - Very thin and watery. A malts have a bite.

O - Overall a huge disappointment.

Jammies, Nov 26, 2011

TheBigBoy, Jun 29, 2013

GeorgeCarroll, Aug 21, 2014

Gu3mom, Feb 07, 2013
2.38/5  rDev -39.6%

Pours a amber color with a thin white head. Blanket forms on top of the glass.

Aroma is a let down, hints of caramel, but mainly corny smelling.

flavor is just as bad. Tastes like a train wreck of adjunct grains and diacetyl. Mildly bitter finish.

Mouthfeel is thin and overcarbonated. Drinkability is decent at best. I find myself almost choking this down.

phisig137, Apr 19, 2006

Basoos1, Friday at 10:12 PM

Moniqueske, Sep 01, 2014

DrunkinYogi, Saturday at 12:25 AM

JimJam10, Jun 25, 2014

Fettpopps, Mar 16, 2014

lmundane, Jul 03, 2012
2.55/5  rDev -35.3%

I had high expectations for this Pale ale. Got a 6 pack and don't know if i got a defective 6 pack because this smelled and tasted like medicine. Just not a good flavor and the mouth feel and drinkablity was just so so. I Like Sam Smith's Pale ale much better but so far, I know I am crazy to say so ... I just like Sam Adams Pale ale better than any others I have tried.

likethetaste, Jun 24, 2010
2.58/5  rDev -34.5%

I poured a bottle of London Pride in a glass. Beer has a nice amber color and I noticed immediately the head and carbonation level. While a nice head is great IMO, this head came fully from over carbonation. I'm not sure if it is with all the London Pride bottles, but this one was clearly over carbonated. I let it sit for a few minutes before I took the first sip.
Beer tastes decent but stays behind in its class. Somewhat malt and hop flavor, seemed well balanced but again way below for its class.

Schwab, Feb 09, 2009
2.6/5  rDev -34%

On tap at Barley’s. Notes of baked goods, oatmeal cookies, and light hops. Copper orange. Poured with no head. Little evidence of carbonation. Bready/biscuity caramel malts. Floral/perfumy hop flavor. At bit on the thin side, watery, with little carbonation. All said, this was a very ordinary beer.

tjthresh, Aug 22, 2005
2.65/5  rDev -32.7%

Appearance: amber, small head, no carbonation

Smell: malts, bread, and honey

Taste: a very malty/bready start followed by a slight hop finish

Mouthfeel: smooth light and a slight bitter finish

Drinkability: Not for me. This beer has two dimensions, but kind of fizzles. I will not be having this one again

tigg924, Mar 04, 2009
2.65/5  rDev -32.7%

This pours a clear gold with a moderate amount of bubbles rising up. Some small head at first, but quickly becomes nothing. Little lacing. Smells of bread, earth, wood, and just a hint of honey sweetness.

Mouthfeel is crisp, yet smooth. Well done. Now the flavor on this is a conundrum. It tastes like beef stew with potatoes to me. Very beefy. No sweetness, but a hint of hoppy bitterness; not citrus or piney, mind you, but rather beefy. This is weird. I'll give it another shot if I see it on tap, but this is really different. What type of malts make up a meaty flavor?

Onenote81, Jun 15, 2009
2.68/5  rDev -32%

Personally, this reminded me of old red vermouth... in beer form. I had a hard time drinking it and when I pawned it off on my friends, they didn't like it either!! Maybe just not my style, I suppose. Other than the odd taste I experienced, it looked and stood like a decent beer should.

broompa, Aug 09, 2011