1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Leinenkugel's Honey WeissLeinenkugel's Honey Weiss

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Kristalweizen |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-07-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss Alström Bros

BiomedHawk, Jan 04, 2014

gigoat, Jul 24, 2012
3.24/5  rDev +8.4%

Beerpiggie, Aug 17, 2014
3.23/5  rDev +8%

Served in a pint glass with a lemon wedge on the rim (which was quickly removed).
Clear straw yellow color, thin white foam than quickly disappeared.
Light malt aroma, with some residual citrus fruit smell. Very crisp and clean flavor. Slight honey taste, but not enough to be overly sweet or cloying. Clean, wheat malt with a dryish finish. A very easy to drink brew, a good summer time beer.

BigBry, Apr 04, 2007
3.23/5  rDev +8%

OK, so I'm shaking in my booties to try this thing. I never really liked the original Leinenkugel before, but it seems like a beer for a woman, and this one especially. ANother mission of mine is to find a beer my wife can drink. So far I have failed miserably. This is another stab at it, but I have to review it first to see how bad it can be.

A: Golden yellow orange color thats very clear and light head, very piss colored makes me even more squeemish to try this stuff.

N: First signs of life of the beer where you can tell how bad it will be is the nose. Surprisingly this one actually has a decent nose. Its pretty light but got a nice wheat aroma and a sweet very fermented honey like smell that reminds me of the braggots and meads of yesteryear (or the tasting at the last mead brew club meeting). A slight musty smell also comes out in the deeper end.

T: Do I pinch my nose, should I cover my mouth in wax, or drink a huge hop bomb quickly to drown it out... sip... very light, starts with a decent wheat flavor, that has very berliner weiss like qualities. I actually get white wine flavors like a bad sauvignon blanc. Some strange minerality as well. SLight sweet honey that isn't as dominant as I thought it would be from the nose. It does have a kids cereal-esc quality but not as much as the other LKs. But it still has some weird extract like syrupy flavors.

M: Very light and watery but somewhat smooth

F: Finishes very clean and dry. Actually pretty refreshing, I don't believe what I'm drinking here. Its like someone took a decent beer, added some weird flavors and honey, then slapped a LK label on it. Its not overly fruity or horrendous tasting.

Wifey's notes: <makes the really disgusted face as usual when I have her try a beer, but then it quickly fades when she actually takes the sip) Eh, its OK, not that bad, I can't really drink much of it.

Two of her sips later and I'm stuck trying to get the rest of this down. My review above is taking in a bias I have for flavorless beers, like this, so I try to use an un-biased opinion. BUt in the end its hard for me to drink cause it's just not my style.

Final thoughts: Decent summer beer that would quench your thirst very well and has good drinkability. Some light honey and sweetness that finishes dry and crisp, its very much like a mead crossed with very light wheat beer crossed with sauvignon blanc. I wouldn't recommend it for people that have taste buds and know what beer actually tastes like, but in a choice between this and water to rehydrate on a hot summer day, I would go with this.

jlindros, Sep 07, 2009
3.23/5  rDev +8%

Poured a pale golden color with moderate white puffy head.
Smell is very light with only a touch of sweetness.
Taste is on the sweet side, and the honey adds to this sweetness.
Finishes with more sweetness.
This beer is easy to drink. Because of the sweetness, one is enough.

tgbljb, Jun 22, 2007