Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

rAvg: 3
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Kristalweizen |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-07-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss Alström Bros

trioxin, May 05, 2012

bill_rue, Mar 19, 2012

ccozzi, Jun 05, 2012

rgille2, May 02, 2013
1.11/5  rDev -63%

A - Pours extremely light gold with a one finger head. Very bland looking.

S - Stale malt, rice adjunct. No honey.

T - Aluminum, stale malt, slight corn, very very slight honey.

M - Light watery body with almost no carbonation. Ohhh the water.

O - Overall, this beer couldn't have been any more boring. Seriously just tasted like a light adjunct. I wouldn't have it again.

SometimesIfart, Dec 03, 2012
1.13/5  rDev -62.3%

A - Crystal clear pale yellow brew that appears honey colored if you know the name of the beer, but in a blind test I would call this pale-macro-lager-yellow. A foamy two finger head quickly reduces to a thin wisp of dishwater haze. Some lace is left after swirling, but it all quickly slides back into the brew.

S - Cheapo macro-pils scent with only the faintest hint of of the wheat twang that I was expecting. Mineral and metallic notes are present also.

T - Tastes more wheaty than it smells. Initial wheat twang is replaced by a corny adjunct flavor that is more akin to BMC lagers than it is a wheat beer. I taste minerals, metals, and a very unpleasant sour flavor. A little bit of lemonade flavor. Cooked corn and sugar.

M - Thin and extremely carbonated. More like soda or an alco-pop than beer.

D - This stuff sucks.

pmcadamis, Feb 18, 2007
1.25/5  rDev -58.3%

BRD14, Feb 03, 2013

BigAl18, Sep 30, 2014
1.3/5  rDev -56.7%

Pours a clear pale golden color with no head. Isn't thsi supposed to be a wheat beer, and thus have a cloudy appearance with a big head? The stench is of aour piss. The taste is not unlike the stench. The mouthfeel is thin and fizzy. Overall, this is a horrilbe beer. My speculation is that the people at Leinenkugal call corn wheat and wheat corn. There is certainly no detectable wheat in the beer.

KarlHungus, Jul 21, 2005
1.3/5  rDev -56.7%

I poured myself a Leinenkugel Honey Weiss in a .3L weiss glass. The beer seemed to seperate itself for the glass itself. Mind you I carefully clean my glasses according to accepted beer standards. The pizza glass phenomenon is not for me. So I'm not sure why there was no beer clinging to the glass.

A- Not too bad; golden in color that looks okay under artificial lighting.

S- Not so good; I couldn't differentiate anything relating to Honey or wheat for that matter.

T- Yikes. What happened to the taste? There is nothing that resembles what we call 'flavor' in this beer.

M- Watery- that's being kind too.

O- Huge dissapointment. I expected something respectable. I know I have high standards but even an average beer drinker deserves better then this.

p-goose, Jan 07, 2013

heytomcat, Aug 22, 2013

mnechemia, Jul 26, 2014

Roland45s, Oct 19, 2012
1.58/5  rDev -47.3%

Available everywhere in the North Midwest. Leine’s Honey Weiss pours a straw colored yellow with practically no head or lacing. Also the beer was filtered and was clear. The smell was non-existent. Some sweeter malt scenes but really not much there. No honey tones nor flowery essence.

The taste was rather plain. Similar to a macro with no hops. The malt was really the only flavor, and it tasted more like pale or base malts. No real wheat flavor and no real weizen flavor. The body was very light and really more of a watery taste to it. I was not impressed with this beer at all.

Oxymoron, Sep 22, 2005
1.58/5  rDev -47.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured with a rather creamy 2 finger head that appeared to have substance but then quickly collapsed back into the beer. Very light gold color, very clear and only subtle visible carbonation. A nice looking beer actually.

Aroma is of two things sweetness and the grainy smell of wheat. Not sure I would identify the sweetness if it wasn't in the name, so I'll try not to be led and say it smells like honey.

The taste is quite empty actually. I'm not kidding. I'm getting a slight sweetness and a bit of a wheat finish. But before that, I really do not get much flavor at all. My gosh, this tastes like I describe Coors light. (Water like) Not very good at all. You have to literally hold the beer in your mouth to get a sensation of any hops.

I guess it's a drinkable as water and the mouth feel is the same. Neither of these are good in my book.

Truly not worth the calories. What a huge disappointment after I was strangely intrigued by the Sunset Wheat. I actually liked that. This on the other hand is a total waste of time.

Reagan1984, Aug 03, 2008