Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Leinenkugel's Honey WeissLeinenkugel's Honey Weiss

poor

good

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Kristalweizen |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-07-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss Alström Bros
Reviews: 449 | Hads: 1,484
3.66/5  rDev +25.8%

Is this really a wheat beer? Don't think so. When poured in the glass this brew virtually had no head. Taste like a macro style pilsner. It goes down good, and taste great ice cold on a hot Kansas summer day, however, I don't think this will be a brew that visits the ol fridgo very often. (289 characters)

i was excited to see this for sale in philadelphia in a variety pack since i can only get the sunset wheat in new york . well the honey weisse was a big disappointment i mean big . there was nothing to this beer i think id even drink a rolling rock over this im just wondering if i got some bad ones because the red lager and sunset wheats in the pack were very nice . p.s the other beer in the pack was the creamy dark not that good either (440 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +20.3%

Just cracked one of these on a great spring day...can't get much better for the bargain. Sure there's better beers but this one hits great price point and is a quality brew. Great notes of Honey...go figure. Just enough sweetness in it to get you through a warm spring/summer day. I'd take this over the Shandy any day....the shandy is too sweet and fills you up so fast. This is a great session beer. (401 characters)

1.89/5  rDev -35.1%

Appearance - Very clear, light yellow. Head is quick to dissipate.
Smell - Like a Miller light with a sweet note...not impressive
Taste - Drinkable, summer cutting grass type...that you want to guzzle down. No honey aftertaste and you cannot taste any wheat.
Mouthfeel - carbonated.
Overall - would not buy again. (314 characters)

3.03/5  rDev +4.1%

A- Pours a yellowish urine color.

S- Very minimal smell of honey. However, it does smell sweet.

T- Lighter than other Leinenkugel's beers, and with this one I can taste the alcohol. Definitely lacking something.

M- Tastes actually like a light beer

Not a favorite of mine, bought it in a winter variety 12 pack. (315 characters)

2.81/5  rDev -3.4%

Very good looking amber beer Slight head to it very low carbonation The smell of it was very malty The taste of the beer was very bitter which is why I didn't really care for it to me it wasn't very drinkable I probably won't have it again any time soon (253 characters)

2.67/5  rDev -8.2%

Little to no head. A piss yellow color. Mouth felt a little heavy. the honey was nice...I thought it would have been too sweet, but was impressed with the flavor.

Leaves a little after taste but not necessarily a bad one. I'd say this is more of a cooler weather beer despite it being boxed in the summer sampler.

Overall: Try it (333 characters)

2.98/5  rDev +2.4%

Serving: 23-oz. "Brewtus" serving at Applebee's, Rochester, MN

Appearance: Bright amber color, thin, white lace (the head had already dissipated by the time it reached the table) that hung around for a while. Pretty good looking.

Smell: Nondescript; the smell of honey barely appears.

Taste: Thin honey taste with few other real flavor components. The taste isn't really enough to distinguish it; slight (very slight) bitter notes became apparent as the beer warmed up.

Mouthfeel: Am I drinking water? I don't know.

Drinkability: Very drinkable, crisp and clean with little aftertaste, but the other factors are unimpressive.

Overall: Leinie's is something I'd drink if the only other choices were macros, but given a choice, I'll stick with one of my more usual brews. (787 characters)

3.58/5  rDev +23%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Bottle to mug.
Little head and light on the lace. Nice color, bright and inviting.
Very slight sweet aroma, malty.
Touch of sweetness and low on the hops.
Carbonated well but enjoyably smooth.
I quite enjoyed it, would suggest, good to just sit down and chill out with, not overwhelming. (289 characters)

2.83/5  rDev -2.7%

Appearance- pours out a clear golden/dark yellow with thin white head that disapates rather fast and it is highly carbonated

Smell- smells sweet and honey like and strong wheat aroma with a hint of hops

Taste- The wheat and corn adjuncts are what hit the palate first followed by a honey citrus mixture

Mouthfeel- Goes down smooth for the high carbonation, could be described as watery

Drinkability- This beer is refreshing and goes down easily, perfect for summer (478 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -54.3%

I poured myself a Leinenkugel Honey Weiss in a .3L weiss glass. The beer seemed to seperate itself for the glass itself. Mind you I carefully clean my glasses according to accepted beer standards. The pizza glass phenomenon is not for me. So I'm not sure why there was no beer clinging to the glass.

A- Not too bad; golden in color that looks okay under artificial lighting.

S- Not so good; I couldn't differentiate anything relating to Honey or wheat for that matter.

T- Yikes. What happened to the taste? There is nothing that resembles what we call 'flavor' in this beer.

M- Watery- that's being kind too.

O- Huge dissapointment. I expected something respectable. I know I have high standards but even an average beer drinker deserves better then this. (760 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +20.3%

I really started enjoying these after a few, but all and all, this is just a very decent, light bodied beer and not much more. It's not bad and it's not great, but it is very drinkable. It's better than a lot of mainstream beers for sure. (238 characters)

3.07/5  rDev +5.5%

A- very light yellow with a very small head that dissolves quickly.

S- A nice wheat smell with a hint of both lemon and honey

T- A bit more sour than I was expecting. Having had the Summer Shanty and the Sunset Wheat, I was thinking that the honey would sweeten up the beer but somehow, it had the opposite effect, making it tart. Not an overwhelming taste of honey but it was present.

M- Very carbonated. Had a bit of an aftertaste of honey that does sit nicely on the tongue but fades away quickly.

D- Not nearly as drinkable as the other Leine's. I finished a six pack but it took over a week to have the desire to sit down for each one (and I could only take one at a time taste wise). (693 characters)

4.03/5  rDev +38.5%

The Honey Weiss is of course a honey wheat beer, it's got a little bit more of a bitter flavor than can compare to Michelob's Honey Lager - but of course we're talking ales vs. lagers here. It's a good flavor, and readily available around where I live. (252 characters)

2.36/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

This beer poured thin, with pretty much no head. The color is a pale yellow and the beer seemed very carbonated with tons of bubbles sticking to the glass. The first smell was some what disturbing. Smelled of rotten wheat. The taste was similar to a cheap light beer. There was a little bit of hoppiness in as it hit the tongue which was the highlight but other than that very light and watery. Easy to drink, but not very enjoyable. (433 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +12%

Now here's a brew that makes me drool a little and say mmm. . .beer. There is nothing special at all about this beer. In fact the honey taste is either hidden very well or non-exsistant. This isn't a bad thing but makes this beer rather boring. This one is best enjoyed as a 12 pack. Honey Weiss goes down smooth and tastes pretty good. (336 characters)

2.3/5  rDev -21%

I was pleasantly surprised to find this beer in the supermarket, having never seen it before. I bought a six pack as I love Wheat beers. One thing to note right away, this is not a Hefe Weizen and is not advertised as such.

Poured the beer and foam was average, bubble size average.
Foam retention was average, which for a wheat beer is not a good sign.

I noticed a definite cardboard flavor. The beer seemed either pasteurized too much or it had oxidized.

I was dissapointed with this beer. It really seemed more like a normal run of the day lager, no fruity esters or wheat taste...I wonder how much wheat is in it, I'd venture to guess less than 50% which in my mind disqualifies it as a wheat beer. Sorry. (713 characters)

2.69/5  rDev -7.6%

I am somewhat unfamiliar with its supposed style and not a genuine fan of the wheat beers, but none the less I have had some. This beer was very very pale, with an almost macro taste. I did pick up on faint scents and tastes of honey but not nearly at the levels that one would anticipate. Appearance scores this beer a few points simply because the head retention is good...but that's it. The worst Leinenkugel I have had yet...worst part is I cant use the bottles for homebrew because they are twists ERRGH! (509 characters)

2.68/5  rDev -7.9%

kind of looks and feels like a Budweiser defiantly has a little more flavor and the honey after taste is a pleasant surprise , there is nothing special as far as appearance really looks like a miller lite or bud , has a decent head but dissipates quickly leaving no lacing If this beer was a little cheaper I wouldn't mind throwing these down to get a good buzz on or maybe grab 9 for a game of golf but besides that these aren't as crafty as they may appear (458 characters)

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company