2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Leinenkugel's Honey WeissLeinenkugel's Honey Weiss

poor

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Kristalweizen |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-07-2002)
View: Beers (34) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,155 | Reviews: 441 | Show All Ratings:
azcat777

Arizona

2.85/5  rDev -4.4%

Appearance- pours out a clear golden/dark yellow with thin white head that disapates rather fast and it is highly carbonated

Smell- smells sweet and honey like and strong wheat aroma with a hint of hops

Taste- The wheat and corn adjuncts are what hit the palate first followed by a honey citrus mixture

Mouthfeel- Goes down smooth for the high carbonation, could be described as watery

Drinkability- This beer is refreshing and goes down easily, perfect for summer

06-20-2007 17:40:00 | More by azcat777
p-goose

1.3/5  rDev -56.4%

I poured myself a Leinenkugel Honey Weiss in a .3L weiss glass. The beer seemed to seperate itself for the glass itself. Mind you I carefully clean my glasses according to accepted beer standards. The pizza glass phenomenon is not for me. So I'm not sure why there was no beer clinging to the glass.

A- Not too bad; golden in color that looks okay under artificial lighting.

S- Not so good; I couldn't differentiate anything relating to Honey or wheat for that matter.

T- Yikes. What happened to the taste? There is nothing that resembles what we call 'flavor' in this beer.

M- Watery- that's being kind too.

O- Huge dissapointment. I expected something respectable. I know I have high standards but even an average beer drinker deserves better then this.

01-07-2013 19:57:41 | More by p-goose
ShamusOGrady

3.58/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Bottle to mug.
Little head and light on the lace. Nice color, bright and inviting.
Very slight sweet aroma, malty.
Touch of sweetness and low on the hops.
Carbonated well but enjoyably smooth.
I quite enjoyed it, would suggest, good to just sit down and chill out with, not overwhelming.

10-10-2013 02:29:08 | More by ShamusOGrady
spencerchristie

3.05/5  rDev +2.3%

A- very light yellow with a very small head that dissolves quickly.

S- A nice wheat smell with a hint of both lemon and honey

T- A bit more sour than I was expecting. Having had the Summer Shanty and the Sunset Wheat, I was thinking that the honey would sweeten up the beer but somehow, it had the opposite effect, making it tart. Not an overwhelming taste of honey but it was present.

M- Very carbonated. Had a bit of an aftertaste of honey that does sit nicely on the tongue but fades away quickly.

D- Not nearly as drinkable as the other Leine's. I finished a six pack but it took over a week to have the desire to sit down for each one (and I could only take one at a time taste wise).

06-05-2008 19:45:21 | More by spencerchristie
stogie12

2.4/5  rDev -19.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

This beer poured thin, with pretty much no head. The color is a pale yellow and the beer seemed very carbonated with tons of bubbles sticking to the glass. The first smell was some what disturbing. Smelled of rotten wheat. The taste was similar to a cheap light beer. There was a little bit of hoppiness in as it hit the tongue which was the highlight but other than that very light and watery. Easy to drink, but not very enjoyable.

04-22-2009 05:04:45 | More by stogie12
shoxroxice

4.03/5  rDev +35.2%

The Honey Weiss is of course a honey wheat beer, it's got a little bit more of a bitter flavor than can compare to Michelob's Honey Lager - but of course we're talking ales vs. lagers here. It's a good flavor, and readily available around where I live.

03-01-2010 16:40:28 | More by shoxroxice
RubbaDuckE

3.25/5  rDev +9.1%

Now here's a brew that makes me drool a little and say mmm. . .beer. There is nothing special at all about this beer. In fact the honey taste is either hidden very well or non-exsistant. This isn't a bad thing but makes this beer rather boring. This one is best enjoyed as a 12 pack. Honey Weiss goes down smooth and tastes pretty good.

02-13-2011 23:30:47 | More by RubbaDuckE
freddypsu

1.93/5  rDev -35.2%

Appearance - Very clear, light yellow. Head is quick to dissipate.
Smell - Like a Miller light with a sweet note...not impressive
Taste - Drinkable, summer cutting grass type...that you want to guzzle down. No honey aftertaste and you cannot taste any wheat.
Mouthfeel - carbonated.
Overall - would not buy again.

01-28-2012 03:53:36 | More by freddypsu
wolfer

Denmark

2.3/5  rDev -22.8%

I was pleasantly surprised to find this beer in the supermarket, having never seen it before. I bought a six pack as I love Wheat beers. One thing to note right away, this is not a Hefe Weizen and is not advertised as such.

Poured the beer and foam was average, bubble size average.
Foam retention was average, which for a wheat beer is not a good sign.

I noticed a definite cardboard flavor. The beer seemed either pasteurized too much or it had oxidized.

I was dissapointed with this beer. It really seemed more like a normal run of the day lager, no fruity esters or wheat taste...I wonder how much wheat is in it, I'd venture to guess less than 50% which in my mind disqualifies it as a wheat beer. Sorry.

06-05-2008 19:57:41 | More by wolfer
Boater86

West Virginia

2.63/5  rDev -11.7%

I am somewhat unfamiliar with its supposed style and not a genuine fan of the wheat beers, but none the less I have had some. This beer was very very pale, with an almost macro taste. I did pick up on faint scents and tastes of honey but not nearly at the levels that one would anticipate. Appearance scores this beer a few points simply because the head retention is good...but that's it. The worst Leinenkugel I have had yet...worst part is I cant use the bottles for homebrew because they are twists ERRGH!

02-25-2009 20:32:18 | More by Boater86
WACHUSETTblue

Georgia

2.73/5  rDev -8.4%

kind of looks and feels like a Budweiser defiantly has a little more flavor and the honey after taste is a pleasant surprise , there is nothing special as far as appearance really looks like a miller lite or bud , has a decent head but dissipates quickly leaving no lacing If this beer was a little cheaper I wouldn't mind throwing these down to get a good buzz on or maybe grab 9 for a game of golf but besides that these aren't as crafty as they may appear

10-20-2011 23:47:12 | More by WACHUSETTblue