Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

rAvg: 3
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Kristalweizen |  4.90% ABV

(Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-07-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss Alström Bros

dustinfrye, Jan 17, 2012
2.25/5  rDev -25%

plab, Nov 03, 2012
3/5  rDev 0%

Bettyloug, Jul 29, 2013

jjunit, Jul 23, 2014

akd500, Nov 07, 2014

Overall, not a bad beer, but I expected more of a honey profile in the beer. There's a bit of honey in the nose but It's barely perceptible in the beer itself. Overall the beer is good, but the wife and I just didn't pick up much of it's namesake in the profile. It's very drinkable, but I'd rather have a sunset wheat if I had a choice.

merddyn2002, Aug 04, 2010
3.75/5  rDev +25%

awellusedwallet, May 30, 2012
2.58/5  rDev -14%

Poured into a pint glass.

A - Aside from the head, it looks like a lager with a clear yellow-gold body. Head has some staying power.

S - Honey, lemon and skunk. Pleasant and weird at the same time.

T - I don't know how to describe this. Very weird. I'm getting some light lemon peel with sweetness and maltiness. The finish is strange. Toothpaste?

M - Pretty watery.

O - Pales in comparison to the Sunset Wheat. If I wasn't a cheap ass in need of a buzz I would've probably set it aside.

loobear, Apr 25, 2011

eaddy-p, Dec 22, 2012
3.15/5  rDev +5%

12 oz. bottle poured into 7 oz. glass.

Light golden color. Perfectly clear, which I don't like to see in wheats. Head disappeared quickly. Lacing weak, non-existent.

Honey smell faint, but decent.

Taste of honey much less obvious than other honey beers. Good balance of malt and hops. Medium carbonation.

Mouthfeel is like carbonated water, except for the malt.

Could easily do a session, but wouldn't necessarily want to.

odietrying, Sep 01, 2008

Mythos82, Apr 22, 2013
3.25/5  rDev +8.3%

penguin66, Jan 18, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +58.3%

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss is a wheat beer made by Leinenkugel's Brewing Company in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. It's availabe mainly throughout the midwest US. It is one of my favorite three or four beers.

It's a fairly typical wheat beer, with a touch of a honey taste, however the honey taste isn't at all overpowering. The closest beer I can compare it with is Dundee's Honey Brown. It's typically served with a lemon slice, which I actually prefer not to have. It's remarkably refreshing during the summer, and smoothly satisfying even in the coldest of winter.

This is what I call a "gateway beer". So many people in the US are die hard Bud Light or Miller Light or <insert crappy mass produced American lager name here> fans, this is the beer I typically give these people to get them exposed to a different style of beer. This is the beer that woke me up to a whole new beer culture, and I am grateful for it.

Leinenkugel's also has a wide variety of other beers in their lineup, and most of them are good as well. In my opinion, Leinenkugel's has the best batch of variety beers (Sam Adams being a close second). To the people in Leinie country, I say thank you, and keep on brewing. To the people who have never tried a Leinie's, I say what are you waiting for? Drink up!

Strand, Mar 11, 2009
3.1/5  rDev +3.3%

This clear golden beer poured a small inch and a half size white head that left some lacing.

The smell whats a mixture of sweet bread like with a lemon like smell

It didn't have a very strong flavor to it but i could taste some hint of malt and hops...but not any honey like taste as the name infers.

I felt that it was a medium carbinated beer that reminded me of a light beer.

It is def. a easy to drink beer that is a good change of pace from your typical american beer and when you need a break from the great german variety that I get to enjoy, however, I enjoy some of the other leinenkugel

mareth01, May 26, 2009