Microbrew Invitational

TICKETS: beeradvocate.com/micro/

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss | Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

YOUR RATING = None |
poor
good
Read the review

Leinenkugel's Honey WeissLeinenkugel's Honey Weiss

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States | website

Style: Kristalweizen

Added by TastyTaste on 03-07-2002

firstprev| 401-425 | 426-450 | 451-475  | next → last
Reviews: 459 | Ratings: 1,529
3.5/5  rDev +19%

I really started enjoying these after a few, but all and all, this is just a very decent, light bodied beer and not much more. It's not bad and it's not great, but it is very drinkable. It's better than a lot of mainstream beers for sure.

3.07/5  rDev +4.4%

A- very light yellow with a very small head that dissolves quickly.

S- A nice wheat smell with a hint of both lemon and honey

T- A bit more sour than I was expecting. Having had the Summer Shanty and the Sunset Wheat, I was thinking that the honey would sweeten up the beer but somehow, it had the opposite effect, making it tart. Not an overwhelming taste of honey but it was present.

M- Very carbonated. Had a bit of an aftertaste of honey that does sit nicely on the tongue but fades away quickly.

D- Not nearly as drinkable as the other Leine's. I finished a six pack but it took over a week to have the desire to sit down for each one (and I could only take one at a time taste wise).

4.03/5  rDev +37.1%

The Honey Weiss is of course a honey wheat beer, it's got a little bit more of a bitter flavor than can compare to Michelob's Honey Lager - but of course we're talking ales vs. lagers here. It's a good flavor, and readily available around where I live.

2.36/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

This beer poured thin, with pretty much no head. The color is a pale yellow and the beer seemed very carbonated with tons of bubbles sticking to the glass. The first smell was some what disturbing. Smelled of rotten wheat. The taste was similar to a cheap light beer. There was a little bit of hoppiness in as it hit the tongue which was the highlight but other than that very light and watery. Easy to drink, but not very enjoyable.

3.26/5  rDev +10.9%

Now here's a brew that makes me drool a little and say mmm. . .beer. There is nothing special at all about this beer. In fact the honey taste is either hidden very well or non-exsistant. This isn't a bad thing but makes this beer rather boring. This one is best enjoyed as a 12 pack. Honey Weiss goes down smooth and tastes pretty good.

2.3/5  rDev -21.8%

I was pleasantly surprised to find this beer in the supermarket, having never seen it before. I bought a six pack as I love Wheat beers. One thing to note right away, this is not a Hefe Weizen and is not advertised as such.

Poured the beer and foam was average, bubble size average.
Foam retention was average, which for a wheat beer is not a good sign.

I noticed a definite cardboard flavor. The beer seemed either pasteurized too much or it had oxidized.

I was dissapointed with this beer. It really seemed more like a normal run of the day lager, no fruity esters or wheat taste...I wonder how much wheat is in it, I'd venture to guess less than 50% which in my mind disqualifies it as a wheat beer. Sorry.

2.69/5  rDev -8.5%

I am somewhat unfamiliar with its supposed style and not a genuine fan of the wheat beers, but none the less I have had some. This beer was very very pale, with an almost macro taste. I did pick up on faint scents and tastes of honey but not nearly at the levels that one would anticipate. Appearance scores this beer a few points simply because the head retention is good...but that's it. The worst Leinenkugel I have had yet...worst part is I cant use the bottles for homebrew because they are twists ERRGH!

2.68/5  rDev -8.8%

kind of looks and feels like a Budweiser defiantly has a little more flavor and the honey after taste is a pleasant surprise , there is nothing special as far as appearance really looks like a miller lite or bud , has a decent head but dissipates quickly leaving no lacing If this beer was a little cheaper I wouldn't mind throwing these down to get a good buzz on or maybe grab 9 for a game of golf but besides that these aren't as crafty as they may appear

I love this beer during the summer time. I am not big on hints of taste. I haven't fully developed into that like I use to be on cigars so this is a poor mans review. It tastes like honey and wheat when you drink it. Like it on hot summers days with burgers, steak, or whatever else you decide to cook up. It is light and you will not be disappointed if your looking for a honey flavored beer.

firstprev| 401-425 | 426-450 | 451-475  | next → last