Join our email list →

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States | website

Kristalweizen | 4.90% ABV

Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-07-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss Alström Bros
firstprev| 401-425 | 426-450 | 451-475  | next → last
Reviews: 453 | Hads: 1,509
2.3/5  rDev -21.8%

I was pleasantly surprised to find this beer in the supermarket, having never seen it before. I bought a six pack as I love Wheat beers. One thing to note right away, this is not a Hefe Weizen and is not advertised as such.

Poured the beer and foam was average, bubble size average.
Foam retention was average, which for a wheat beer is not a good sign.

I noticed a definite cardboard flavor. The beer seemed either pasteurized too much or it had oxidized.

I was dissapointed with this beer. It really seemed more like a normal run of the day lager, no fruity esters or wheat taste...I wonder how much wheat is in it, I'd venture to guess less than 50% which in my mind disqualifies it as a wheat beer. Sorry.

2.69/5  rDev -8.5%

I am somewhat unfamiliar with its supposed style and not a genuine fan of the wheat beers, but none the less I have had some. This beer was very very pale, with an almost macro taste. I did pick up on faint scents and tastes of honey but not nearly at the levels that one would anticipate. Appearance scores this beer a few points simply because the head retention is good...but that's it. The worst Leinenkugel I have had yet...worst part is I cant use the bottles for homebrew because they are twists ERRGH!

2.68/5  rDev -8.8%

kind of looks and feels like a Budweiser defiantly has a little more flavor and the honey after taste is a pleasant surprise , there is nothing special as far as appearance really looks like a miller lite or bud , has a decent head but dissipates quickly leaving no lacing If this beer was a little cheaper I wouldn't mind throwing these down to get a good buzz on or maybe grab 9 for a game of golf but besides that these aren't as crafty as they may appear

firstprev| 401-425 | 426-450 | 451-475  | next → last