Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Kristalweizen |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: TastyTaste on 03-07-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,468 | Reviews: 461
4.03/5  rDev +33.9%

The Honey Weiss is of course a honey wheat beer, it's got a little bit more of a bitter flavor than can compare to Michelob's Honey Lager - but of course we're talking ales vs. lagers here. It's a good flavor, and readily available around where I live.

2.36/5  rDev -21.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

This beer poured thin, with pretty much no head. The color is a pale yellow and the beer seemed very carbonated with tons of bubbles sticking to the glass. The first smell was some what disturbing. Smelled of rotten wheat. The taste was similar to a cheap light beer. There was a little bit of hoppiness in as it hit the tongue which was the highlight but other than that very light and watery. Easy to drink, but not very enjoyable.

3.26/5  rDev +8.3%

Now here's a brew that makes me drool a little and say mmm. . .beer. There is nothing special at all about this beer. In fact the honey taste is either hidden very well or non-exsistant. This isn't a bad thing but makes this beer rather boring. This one is best enjoyed as a 12 pack. Honey Weiss goes down smooth and tastes pretty good.

2.3/5  rDev -23.6%

I was pleasantly surprised to find this beer in the supermarket, having never seen it before. I bought a six pack as I love Wheat beers. One thing to note right away, this is not a Hefe Weizen and is not advertised as such.

Poured the beer and foam was average, bubble size average.
Foam retention was average, which for a wheat beer is not a good sign.

I noticed a definite cardboard flavor. The beer seemed either pasteurized too much or it had oxidized.

I was dissapointed with this beer. It really seemed more like a normal run of the day lager, no fruity esters or wheat taste...I wonder how much wheat is in it, I'd venture to guess less than 50% which in my mind disqualifies it as a wheat beer. Sorry.

2.69/5  rDev -10.6%

I am somewhat unfamiliar with its supposed style and not a genuine fan of the wheat beers, but none the less I have had some. This beer was very very pale, with an almost macro taste. I did pick up on faint scents and tastes of honey but not nearly at the levels that one would anticipate. Appearance scores this beer a few points simply because the head retention is good...but that's it. The worst Leinenkugel I have had yet...worst part is I cant use the bottles for homebrew because they are twists ERRGH!

2.68/5  rDev -11%

kind of looks and feels like a Budweiser defiantly has a little more flavor and the honey after taste is a pleasant surprise , there is nothing special as far as appearance really looks like a miller lite or bud , has a decent head but dissipates quickly leaving no lacing If this beer was a little cheaper I wouldn't mind throwing these down to get a good buzz on or maybe grab 9 for a game of golf but besides that these aren't as crafty as they may appear

Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company