Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

poor

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.70% ABV

(Beer added by: pezoids on 03-25-2002)

hotdogtornados, Mar 20, 2014

AHeaston8, Dec 10, 2013

BRD14, Feb 03, 2013

rgille2, May 02, 2013

Jaysmittyland, Nov 27, 2013
1.26/5  rDev -55%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

I remember drinking this in college, thinking it would be an upgrade to the cheap crap I was drinking at the time. Boy, was I wrong. If you like the taste of Fruity Pebbles, this is the beer for you. Otherwise, I would steer clear of this one from Leiney's, as they have many other better options.

atomicskier1889, Apr 05, 2013
1.27/5  rDev -54.6%

stupidity on my part i took a drink from the bottle, so the appearcnce of the beer i didn't get much of a chance to see.
high berry fruity smell. remember the miller lite commercials with the celebrities in the glass box making the "beer rules"? the smell of berry weiss reminds me of that commercial of "don't fruit the beer".
the taste i think is worse than the smell. took one drink and spit it out in the sink. tried to pawn of the open bottle onto my wife, who also took one drink and that was it. we dumped the rest of the bottle.

brewmandan, Aug 29, 2010
1.35/5  rDev -51.8%

Simply ghastly. Poured a creepy pinkish color. The bottle noted blackberrys used in the brewing, but the aroma was more raspberry candy. Cloyingly sweet berry flavor. If there is beer beneath this onslaught of berry syrup, I can't find it. This is more like some malternative berry cooler than beer. I toughed it out through half the bottle, and decided life is to short to struggle on with finishing the beer.

Brent, Sep 07, 2003
1.35/5  rDev -51.8%

Now I'm a big fan of wheat beer, but this one is 8 kinds of wrong. It tastes like some kind of strawberry soda, and I'm sorry but that's just not right for a wheat beer.

Good and bad:

Good:
Umm... it's technically still a beer right...? Right...?

Bad:
The flavor is just all kinds of wrong.

I normally try to be gracious about beer, but this one's recipe needs to be scrubbed.

Fatheranderson, Apr 20, 2010
1.4/5  rDev -50%

The cap was a bitch to twist off, it tore my hand up. I hadn't even opened it yet and it was making me disgruntled. Pours a hazy peach orange/yellowish color (doesn't seem natural!) with a huge bubbly white head that disappears instantly, sort of like Alka-Seltzer, leaving a spackle of cling here and there. Highly carbonated, it would make a good dry ice bomb.

Smells exactly like a sickly sweet, low quality tropical fruit wine cooler with an addition of a light lager. Fake fruit wafts and it is way too sweet. The under-age and beer-haters would love this!

The taste follows the smell--way too sweet and artificially fruity, not even sure what kind of fruit it would be. Like bad sangria with canned fruit floating in it. That sums it up. Too sweet to drink.

Way too foamy in the mouth. The bubbles take over....however, that might be better than actually tasting it. Splenda/Aspertame sweetness, the artificial stuff. Yuck.

Extremely difficult to finish, and I am not one to waste a beer. A bad artificial rendering of a berry beer. Steer clear...unless you want an overly artificial sweetened and flavored fruit, fizzy wine cooler/beer train wreck. I'd rather have a Genny Cream with a Jolly Rancher dropped in it!

If this is targeted toward women, I feel bad for the women and their taste buds--they will never know what beer tastes like. I know I have been hard on this beer(wine cooler)but it was killed my taste palate and made me not like super sweet candy-type stuff anymore. A bad beer(wine cooler)deserves a bad review. Sorry, Jacob!

SaintPeter, May 20, 2009
1.43/5  rDev -48.9%

If I'd not see it pour from the bottle into my glass I would have thought someone was playing a joke on me. This was another beer we tried at our monthly beer club meeting, and I was not impressed to say the least. It tastes like someone took a berry wine cooler and a light beer a mixed them together. Maybe its because I like darker beers but I thought it was awful.

It poured to a brownish purple color, with a nice head. The smell was fruitty to say the least(not what I want in a beer). The head lasted the entire time I chocked down my 6 ounce sample. The taste was very different, you can taste all the berrys that were put into it.

To me its a beer you give your girlfriend who dosen't like beer.

To each their own though a couple of our members gave it a high ratings in our own little rating system (17,18 out of 20) a personally give it a very generous 4 out of 20.

bltzburgh, Sep 02, 2008