Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.20% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: jj21 on 03-23-2007)
4.93/5  rDev +57%

Great summer beer but only in small quantities. As described it is very lemony. You get a lot more lemon than beer, but still a great combination for the summer! The wheat off sets it enough to let the title of beer remain. Hey, if you like lemonade and beer give this a try. I also recommend pouring this in a glass and adding a real lemon wedge and circling the rim of the glass then putting it right in the beer.

klintok21, Jul 24, 2008
4.83/5  rDev +53.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 5

I just tried this beer for the first time love the taste; flavor was wonderful. The smell reminded me of drinking lemonade when I was a kid.It had a smooth taste and was not over powering. this is one of my new favorites now will definitely be purchasingover and over again

Derek1984, Jul 27, 2013
4.8/5  rDev +52.9%

BlueDevil15, Aug 28, 2014
4.78/5  rDev +52.2%

A- Has a very cloudy, pale, yellow color with a foamy head to it.

S- Strong smell of lemons and wheat.

T- When they say brewed with lemonade Leinenkugels means it. Strong lemon start with a wheat beer finish, very enjoyable.

M- Smooth and quite refreshing actually a nice thirst quencher.

O- Easily drinkable, great taste, wish it was available year round. Perfect beer for summer. I've had it tap, bottle, and can equally enjoyable each time.

cstrong821, Aug 20, 2011

NoleDoc, Apr 25, 2013

brentterry85, May 13, 2013

jordaan, Sep 16, 2012
4.72/5  rDev +50.3%

What a wonderful beer for summer. The appearance is wonder. The smell is exceptional. Taste is so wonderful. Very Lemonony and beer taste rolled into one. Mouthful is the same. Drinkability is so exceptional. I could drink this beer all day long. I crave this beer

yuenglingfan101, Aug 15, 2010
4.7/5  rDev +49.7%

I poured this beer into a Hoegaarden Pint glass. There was little lacing, which immediately dissipated.

Flavor is mild and sweet. The flavor of a weiss beer immediately floods the palate. The lemon flavor is strong and sour. High marks for refreshment.

The aftertaste is all lemonade.

I just moved back to Illinois from California this summer. As such, I had know of the Leinenkugel beers, but had not tried any of them.

I was immediately thrilled to see that they a beer shandy. My college internship was in Windhoek, Namibia. There I spent many summer nights with my teammates enjoying Zebra, Sprinbok, & beer shandies.

Kudos to Leinies for bringing an unique beer flavor to the market. I enjoyed it with a little nostolgia & while listening to Paul Simon's "Graceland" album.

davidaubrey, Jul 26, 2008
4.69/5  rDev +49.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Never heard of this beer until I moved to Omaha. Some guests left it behind at my hotel so I decided to try it. My first drink made me smile. It was not what I expected when drinking a beer. The bubbles reminded me of a soda pop, lemon and orange. Easy to drink. Found just in time to kick off summer.

Miykael, May 27, 2013
4.68/5  rDev +49%

Excellent summer Beer. Hint of Lemonade and Orange flavor with hoppy aftertones. Not a beer for the winter. But the hot 90° summer days, there is not much better!It is very easy to drink. The color is a nice cloudy yellow with a 1" white foam head. Out of the Leinies summer brews this is right behind the Sunset Wheat for me.

chadj19, Mar 26, 2011
4.65/5  rDev +48.1%

I poured this beer this past weekend at Boise Beer Festival in Boise Idaho. I ended up having several of these over a few hours time. This beer was one of the most popular beers of the 200+ beers at the event. It was hot out so take that in count...

Appearance- hazy foggy yellow.
Smell-Lemon and hops
taste- Lemon and lots of citrus. there is a little hop showing in there as well.
mouthfeel- smooth lite and refreshing. It was creamy on a little level.
Overall- HEAVEN on a hot day. Seriously loved this beer...

isualum12, Aug 08, 2011
4.65/5  rDev +48.1%

I bought a six pack of this a few years ago. I polished off 5 bottles in 25 minutes, before I realized how much I had. This stuff is evil! I've sworn it off.

It goes down too easily. It's best to skip it, if you're thirsty. It tastes more like lemonade, than a beer.

sneakymagician, Apr 16, 2012