Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

awful

Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company visit their website
Wisconsin, United States

Euro Dark Lager |  4.90% ABV

"Natural Flavor" is added to this beer.

(Beer added by: mothman on 08-12-2008)
View: Beers (35) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown Alström Bros
TheAdamConners

06-16-2014 21:27:36 | More by hippoballetdancer
Corvato

North Dakota

4.65/5  rDev +57.6%

was part of the Leinenkugel sample pack

1st time i have tried a brown ale
drank it right from the bottle.
tasted amazing
nutty & smoky, makes seance called fireside nut i guess.

no bitterness at all, just a slight smokey aftertaste
one of the few beers that i think i could keep drinking and drinking. amazing.

10-12-2008 23:51:16 | More by Corvato
RyanLaCount03

4.6/5  rDev +55.9%

I really like this beer when I tried it in February or 2012. The smell of the beer had a really strong hint of nutiness. The taste was very good as well if you are a fan of a beer that is flavored as. The appearance was a dark brown or hazel.My friends also liked this beer. I thought it was a very good beer and was sad to see it go.

02-20-2013 18:35:44 | More by RyanLaCount03
tigg924

4.55/5  rDev +54.2%

Appearance: big head, clear, leather brown, high carbonation

Smell: sweet toasted caramel malt

Taste: sweet caramel malt, a bit of hazelnut, and toffee

Mouthfeel: smooth and sweet

Drinkability: I know the brand is not popular here, but this is my guilty pleasure beer...I love the caramel malt...I love that this still tastes like beer and has some bite...I could session this and session it some more. This is one of my favorite beers and is Leinenkugel's best--There I am out.

02-20-2009 05:28:35 | More by tigg924

rlbthree

01-11-2012 23:57:38 | More by rlbthree
McNealc31

4.45/5  rDev +50.8%

Pours a deep brown. Notes of hazelnut and smoke, rich caramel. The mouthfeel was thick and full. There was a late, light sweet finish and after it warmed even some background cinnamon and clove. I thought it was delicious! Apparently, I'm one of the few who does.

09-07-2011 01:39:27 | More by McNealc31
DannyDan

4.43/5  rDev +50.2%

This beer poured out very nicely into my beer mug. The brownish colored lager had a nice small head with very good retention and lacing. It doesn't have much carbonation. I really like the nutty maple smell it gives off. The taste is as goood as the smell. Get a nice strong nutty taste with some maple flavor followed by a hint of caramel and a hint of chocolate. I do wish the chocolate taste was a little stronger to balance out the nuttiness more, so while it is a good beer the brewers at Leinie's could always improve on this. I don't really care for the thin watered down mouth feel. To me it is a thinned out nutty syrup that needs more body added to it. It is a drinkable beer that goes down easy and because of that along with the smell and the taste has made this beer an enjoyable drink. This beer has the potential to become one of my favorites, but still a few weaknesses that need to be worked out.
I recently tried this beer on tap and will admit that the taste is much better on tap, and the mouthfeel on tap is more smooth and has more body to it. To me this is a beer that is a must have on tap, the bottle doesn't do this beer justice.

12-10-2010 08:58:13 | More by DannyDan
shoxroxice

4.43/5  rDev +50.2%

Great winter brew. The girlfriend loves it too. It's got a great flavor and is readily available here in Michigan, and several of the restaurants with good beer selection had it on draft.

Looks great, smells with hints of nutmeg and cinnamon, drinks just barely thicker than other brown ale's and is on average from what I've tried in that category. All around great beer.

03-01-2010 16:34:41 | More by shoxroxice
unclejimbay

4.3/5  rDev +45.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.5

Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
Style: Winter Warmer
ABV: 4.90 %

Reviewed @ Pugh's, bottle>wine glass, 11/29/08
A 3.5, mid copper color, okay 1 finger head - but gone quick
S 4.5, very interesting smell, very unique indeed. Has a malty root beer spice kinda thing going on. Sweet roasty nut aromas also.
T 4.5, Sweet nutty-ness on palate. Reminds me of a nutty sweet malt root beer. Semi watery on finish.
MF 3.0, medium carbonation, somewhat thin on body, seems ok to contrast the sweetness
D 4.5, I dig the nutty root beer qualities. This is a unique brew for sure, I would drink it again, and recommend you try it if this review sounds interesting.

02-20-2009 21:09:32 | More by unclejimbay
smibroncos

4.28/5  rDev +45.1%

A. Poured a clear copper brown, with a one finger off white head and small amounts of lacing on the glass.

S. Carmel Sweet roasted malt, brown sugar.

T. Sweet dark roasted malt, nuts, chocolate, with som ecarmel tones and not alot in the way of hops. Sweet.

M. Medium bodied medium to heavy carbonation.

D. Yum, a little on the sweet side, but I thought it was totaly in line for the style. A really good brew.

11-18-2009 04:28:42 | More by smibroncos
phenomenologian

Nebraska

4.25/5  rDev +44.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Upon opening a good amount of smoke comes out. I poured it into a good beer glass. It gives a two finger head that laces and retains not too great but dissipates into 1/2 finger head. The color is white to offwhite. The body is amberish brown. Nice look to the Fireside Nut Brown.

It smells pretty sweet and nutty. I love the nutty smell to this. I can smell the malt too. I love the sweetness. It is possible that I am giving positive reviews to sweeter beers like this because I am coming off a three month craving of IPA's. Maybe Im jaded. I love the sweet smell though.

This tastes very very very nutty. Its not a taste I have really encountered before. I like it as its complimented with some nice sweet malt taste.

The mouthfeel is good and its not anything I could as more of in a beer like this.

Overall, its a nice winter beer. I don't know what people have against the Leinie's.
I love the nuttiness and sweetness of all this.

12-23-2011 09:12:59 | More by phenomenologian