Leinenkugel's Classic Amber - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

American Amber / Red Lager |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: Bitterbill on 10-31-2008

firstprev| 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next → last
3.12/5  rDev -1.6%

A: Deep Amber, almost clear w/ hint of haziness. Initial head dissipates quickly leaving only slight lacing.

S: Initial smell of earthy maltiness, with a light bouquet of hops, hint of fruit.

T: Light but lingering hoppiness with a bit of sweet caramel at the end.

M: Average light-bodied feel - pretty well-carbonated.

D: Fairly good drinkability. Not a particularly memorable beer. (387 characters)

3.99/5  rDev +25.9%

Poured out with 1/4 of head that disapeared fast. Nice reddish amber color. People will notice your not drinking a light beer.

Smelled of sweet roasted grains.Hops.

Lightly toasted bread. Tasted of hops on the back.

Medium body. Light carbonation.

Very drinkable. A sesson beer.

I think this is a winner from leinenkugel's (330 characters)

3.26/5  rDev +2.8%

Appearance: Reddish coppery appearance with a creamcolored head starting at two fingers and whittling down to a thin persistent layer that remains through the drink. Lacing is solid.

Smell: Average. Esters and banana which both come through in the taste later.

Taste: As I said before, there is a banana taste to it, and just a touch of spiciness. It's a decent tasting beer.

Mouthfeel: Neither weak nor strong, not possessing much in the way of anything to dominate the feel.

Overall: A pretty average beer. It has good flavors to it, but won't wow you or anything. (574 characters)

3.02/5  rDev -4.7%

A friend left this beer over my house. It sat in my fridge for a few weeks before I was desperate enough to drink it.

I had really low expectations, and this beer did nothing to change that.

A: I poured into a pint glass. A slight reddish-tinge. Light amber. A loose, two finger head that dissipated rapidly.

S: Sweet bready. Slight malt.

T: Watery. One note. A little of the sweet malt coming through. Not horrible. Just not exceptional.

M: Actually coated my mouth nicely. Pleasant

O: I would probably not go out of my way to get this again, but it wasn't horrible. Very sessionable. If my friend happens to leave this in my fridge again, I will drink it. Not bad enough to throw out. (695 characters)

3.88/5  rDev +22.4%

Pours a light brown/amber almost yellowish color.

Hits the palette with a good crisp feel, followed immediately by a nice flavor.

I like this beer. There is almost a sweet flavor to it, like brown sugar or something I can't put my finger on. There is a bit of an aftertaste, but it's not bad. (294 characters)

3.13/5  rDev -1.3%

I'm not going to detail every aspect of this new "flavor" of Leinies. It's been reported that this beer is being "slotted" (by Leinies) as competition against Sam Adams on the national scale. I found it to be very 'generic' for a "micro" or "niche" brew. Flavor's OK, nothing outstanding. Drinkable. To me though, it's just "beer", nothing that justifies the price point it's being marketed at. I'm willing to pay a premium for some of their specialties (Oktoberfest, Creamy Dark), but IMO, this isn't "special", and shouldn't be priced as such. (545 characters)

firstprev| 176-200 | 201-225 | 226-250  | next → last