Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy - Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  4.20% ABV

Availability: Fall

Beer added by: BeerFMAndy on 08-07-2012

2.8/5  rDev -8.2%

A: The beer is very hazy dark pinkish yellow in color and has a very slight amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a thin white head that died down a bit but left a a thin layer of bubbles covering the surface.
S: If I didn't first look at the color of this beer, I would have thought this smelled exactly like lemonade.
T: The taste has an equal mix of lemony and blackberry flavors.
M: It feels light-bodied and a little tart on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: There's nothing overly special about this beer, except for the fact that it is very easy to drink. It kind of reminds me of a radler in Germany.

3.58/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

This poured out as a murky brownish red color with hue of yellow near the edges. The head was white but faded quickly. There was no retention of lacing on this one. The smell of the beer is very fruity, plenty of citrus and berry aromas, smells similar to a soda honestly. The taste of the beer has a good balance of lemon and berry, but again it's much like a soda or fruit punch. There is a really nice strong wheat flavor in the finish which I really enjoyed. The mouthfeel is kind of watery but has a decent carbonation at least. Overall it's a decent beer. Something I would definitely prefer in the summer as opposed to winter.

3.4/5  rDev +11.5%

A - Poured out a clear, peach-color with pink highlights. It had a small, short-lived head that left minimal lacing.

S - It smelled fruity - lemon and black berry. Not much else.

T - Sweet and fruity with some zestiness. Nice blackberry and lemon flavors. Slightly tart.

M - It was crisp and very sharp. It had the high carbonation I expect in a shandy. A light bodied ale with a dry finish.

O - This is a nice shandy. Refreshing on a hot summer day.

2.38/5  rDev -22%

Served in a shaker pint glass.

Morbid curiosity got the better of me here. This stuff pours a cloudy pink-ish topped by about a finger or so of off-white foam. The nose comprises Country Time lemonade mix, light vague berry, and a touch of bubblegum. The taste reverses things a bit, focusing on the fake berry flavor (coming across as stale Crunchberries with a slightly bolder flavor), though the lemonade mix doesn't go away. Things are just too fake-tasting: hell, there's even a general sense of mild plastic in the background! The body is a hefty light, with a moderate carbonation and an airy finish. Overall, a pretty sad beer, one that takes an already un-good beer and twists it with more artificiality and whatnot to make it even worse.

2.51/5  rDev -17.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

12 fl oz aluminum can acquired as part of the Leinenkugel summer variety box (12 pack). "A crisp and refreshing shandy style beer perfect for any occasion." Reviewed as a radler. Label art is pretty good for the price point. 4.2% ABV confirmed. I don't see a best before/bottled on date. Expectations are below average given the brewery.

Served cold, straight from the fridge. Side-poured into an Oskar Blues pilsner glass with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated. Reviewed in me gaff in low altitude Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California. I purchased it at the Ralph's grocery in Santa Monica.

A: Pours a seemingly overcarbonated four finger wide head of biege/murky pink colour. Okay creaminess. Fairly soft complexion. Okay thickness. Good (~6 minute) retention. No lacing as the head recedes.

Body colour is a murky dull grey-peach. It's as unevocative, dull, and noncommital as I've ever seen. What a terrible colour for a beer; I mean damn does it look bland. No yeast particles are visible. No bubble show. Nontransparent; quasitranslucent.

Looks pretty shite, admittedly. I'm reserving judgment.

Sm: Fruit syrup - lemon zest, black currant, grape, cherry soda additive. Blackberry. Artificial and garbage. Fake lemon extract is dominant. Crystal malt, cancerous sugars, more off-putting syrup. Smells like an overly sweet candy intended for the seven year old demographic. No yeast character, hop notes, or alcohol is detectable. Not really a beer aroma, honestly. Moderate in strength.

T: Syrupy candy-like fruit syrups are rampant here: lemon, blackberry, grape, blackcurrant, raspberry, cherry. Bleh. Crystal malt. Residual sugars: sugarcane, white crystallized sugar, aspartame. No real hop character to speak of. No yeast character or alcohol comes through. Artificial. A light tartness is the most pleasant aspect of this brew. Poorly balanced and constructed; no complexity or subtlety here. Pretty garbage for a radler, but nevertheless strangely enjoyable for what it is so long as you don't expect it to be a beer.

Mf: Artificial, smooth, wet, and a touch fizzy. A biteen overcarbonated - but less so than most beers. Passable thickness. Okay presence on the palate for what it is. Not oily, harsh, or biting. Meh.

Dr: Downable but immediately forgettable. This will find its audience, but that audience is not the discerning beer drinker. It's far from great - even for a radler/shandy - but it does make for a decent sipping beverage to sneak into the movies to pair with greasy popcorn. It has its place, but I won't be returning to it if I have to pay for it. It's not awful, though many reviewers will attack it out of elitism. Truthfully, it's drinkable but unenjoyable as a beer.

Low C-

2.71/5  rDev -11.1%

Pours clouded pink grapefruit-ish hued with a thin head that lasts. Some web-like lacing sticks.

The smell is of blackberry juice. Slightly tart.

The taste is of a blend of fruit juices, mostly notably, blackberry, raspberry and lemon. However, not the same way the real juices are - there is a plastic-like taste to it. A hint of tart keeps it from being as sweet as the fruit malt drinks, raising the score a tad for me. Still it is sweet.

The carbonation stays just under the "too fizzy" category. It is smooth - more from being watery than otherwise, though there is a malty touch to it.

Not a true shandy in my eyes, as there is a lack of "beer" qualities. Though, as stated above not sickly sweet as the fruit malt beverages. If you want a fruit juice brew, it's tolerable, I suppose. I raised the overall just a hair because it is what it is...(better than the berry weiss from what I remember).

3.02/5  rDev -1%

A - dark, hazy orange with a thin, very fizzy, pure white head that fades fast

S - tart lemon with some faint blackberry notes, sweet

T - sweet, artificial lemonade mixed with blackberries

M - light, crisp, over-carbonated, sticky

This is as advertised. It's lemon. It's berry. It's called shandy. I've had worse if that makes this better. I found everything about this beer to be artificial. It was definitely not an enjoyable drinking experience. I'll pass in the future.

2.9/5  rDev -4.9%

All it took was a recent visit to Al's of Hampden in Enola to find the CAN that I coveted. Now all that remains is a review in support of The CANQuest (TM).

From the CAN: "The pride of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin since 1867."; "A crisp and refreshing Shandy style beer perfect for any occasion".

One of my colleagues recently had a fundraiser that involved a cotton candy machine. The momentary two fingers of fizzy pink head following the Crack and Glug reminded me of cotton candy. Color was a hazy pink and I was beginning to question my manhood. Nose was really sweet with an unnatural citrus-berry scent. They may claim "... blackberry juice and natural flavors" all they want, but I remain dubious. Mouthfeel was rather thin with an immediate lemony tang on the tongue, followed by a pleasant sweetness, but I could not specifically identify it as blackberry. Finish was semi-sweet and I felt like I had been drinking a cooler. It was not bad on a humid evening, but I would be embarrassed to drink it outside of my house and no matter what, a couple would be plenty. Read into that what you will. I'm keeping my original numbers.

The below is from my original bottle review, dtd 10-30-2012 w/a:5; s: 2.5; t: 3; m: 3; o: 2.5

It is amazing what I have found in my refrigerator over these last few days of Frankenstorm 2012! It is even more amazing that this comes in a CAN and I am reviewing it from a bottle. Will wonders never cease?

The pour was somehow shocking to me as I did not expect it to be pink! Well, I should have known - it is the end of October and this is Breast Cancer Awareness Month with its signature color of pink. Think Pink, baby! Even the finger of foamy head with its moderate retention was a light shade of pink. I'm calling the Pink Panther for some help with this one. Color was a hazy pink, like freshly-squeezed pink grapefruit juice. Nose smelled like kiddie candy! Lemon, yes, along with a generic berry sweetness. My Old Lady would scoff at this stuff. Mouthfeel was medium and it had a greater tartness than I was expecting from the super-sweet nose. That is not to suggest that I found it to be terribly enjoyable, however. The label read "Weiss Beer with Blackberry Juice and Natural Flavors", but it seemed like a lot of the esters were chemically produced. It simply did not have a natural taste to me. Warming, I was getting more and more tartness and the label indicates red raspberries also, which can impart tartness. Maybe there was truth in advertising here, but it still seems a bit feminine for this bearded weirdo. I have a reputation to uphold, after all. This just struck me as something to foist off on those annoying chicks who still claim that they don't like beer. Baby, with the plethora of solid craft beers available today, how can you still not find something to your liking?!? Have one of these while the Old Lady and I do our thing.

2.53/5  rDev -17%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Last beer out of a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy variety pack.

Cloudy with a faint reddish purple color to it. Tall purplish-white colored head forms and then disappears.

Smells strongly of berries and lemon and sugar. Smells like blackberry soda.

Starts out sweet with a strong berry flavor and a sour lemon finish. Faint beer flavor but this is mostly berry flavored.

Mouthfeel is soda.

Overall it is drinkable but is closer to soda than beer.

3.68/5  rDev +20.7%

This new shandy from Leinenkugels pours a light bodied, very effervescent light and cloudy pink on color that turns to a hazy, pinkish orange as it pools with a one finger off white head. The nose is Country Time lemonade with a raspberry/blueberry type berry aroma. It's what I expected. The flavors are light and spritzy. It tastes like one of the craft sodas that you would find at World Market. It's light and lemony, decent flavor for a shandy. I would say the berry is an upgrade over the original. It's interesting that Leinenkugels saved this for fall. I'm sure they don't want the two to compete for affection but why not have two Shandys out on the market when the first sells very well.

3.3/5  rDev +8.2%

Poured from 12oz bottle into a dimpled mug.

Appearance: pale pink hue, clearly a mixing of a golden wheat body with blackberry juice. Head is a thin finger of frothy white foam. I can't imagine what else this beer would look like with its ingredients, but the overall picture is somewhat sickly.

Smell: light wheaty aroma with a tart, fresh lemon scent. The berry is minimal. I guess it's not bad, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Taste: lemon, berry and wheat beer characteristics. Really, it is pretty refreshing, and while it may not be my favorite beer in the world, it is definitely as-advertised.

Mouthfeel: surprising! Light body but a good level of carbonation which is actually quite creamy, yet appropriate to the style. I like it.

Overall: this beer just falls a little flat for me. Sure, it is refreshing, but I don't want to drink any more of it.

3.58/5  rDev +17.4%

16 ounce can, best before 11/26/2012. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a hazy orange/amber color with about an inch off-white head that stayed around for a while. There's also a good amount of lacing. It smells like blackberries and lemonade. It's not a bad smelling brew at all. It tastes like lemonade, blackberries and some grainy malt. Nice mix of sweet and tart flavors. Mouthfeel/body is light, it's refreshing and very easy to drink with a good amount of carbonation. I think it's a decent enough brew, it would be nice to drink on a hot day. $6.99 a 4-pack.

2.48/5  rDev -18.7%

date stamped on bottom of 12oz can JUN3014
L - odd hazy pink color, foamy white head remains persistent
S - lemon soda, indistinguishable berries
T - sweet, lemon, mixed berries, biscuity malt
F - lighter body, refreshing
O - this was ok, not something I would ever seek out. I like their orange shandy more than this one.

3.99/5  rDev +30.8%

12 oz twist-off sample bottle poured into a Leinenkugel's imperial pint.
No info.

A - Pouring a hazy dried peach color, it's neither pink nor orange, but meeting somewhere in the middle. A tall crown of white foam caps the beer and, in thick layers, leaves lace clutching the pint as it sinks down.

S - Lemon Berry Shandy has the aroma of a mixed fruit drink, a wine cooler, something you'd crush, relaxing on the beach; blended lemonade, reminiscent of the "Olde Lemonade" stands at festivals with fresh lemons and chunky granules of sugar, and a touch of mixed berry kool-ade. It's got a blend of tart and sweet through the aroma, but definitely like it'll lean to the sweet side in flavor.

T - With total simplicity, Lemon Berry Shandy merges Berry Weiss with Summer Shandy, abandoning aggressive sweetness for a more balanced and drinkable flavor; artificial mixed berry flavors with a more realistic lemonade bite on the finish. Soft wheat and almost forgettable pale malt are barely touched on, begging the question, "is this even beer"?

M - Moderately high carbonation dances on the tongue as this light bodied beer smoothly slides from mouth to stomach. Crisp and refreshing, a lingering sweetness trails, followed by a subtle dry saltiness, begging for another sip.

O - Is this something I'd reach for often? Not so much, but when I'm in the liquor store on hot days, I get strange cravings for carbonated, alcoholic fruity drinks, and this fits the bill. This is the beer I'd be crushing, can after can of, at my uncle's lake house while relaxing under the hot sun. It's tasty, refreshing, and drinkable, but most importantly, mindless; I don't have to feel guilty about putting them back with total disregard. It's only there to fulfill my first three adjectives, nothing more, nothing less. If Leinie's Lemon Berry Shandy was a rock star, it would be the rock star getting all the ladies, all the time.

3.03/5  rDev -0.7%

Pours a really strange, yellow-ish, grapefruit tinted color, moderate haze and cloudiness; white foamy head sizzles like crazy and dissipates before almost quicker than it forms. The nose is a combination of sugary-sweet lemonade and a berry mix - I'm thinking raspberry or maybe blackberry (or maybe even both). Sweet and fruity, it smells like some kind of Kool-Aid mix that you had when you were a kid. Carbonation and crispiness is apparent on the nose, but not much in terms of malt or hops. I will say that this smells much better than Leinie's Summer Shandy, in which the lemon is too forced and artifical. Here, the lemon is more believable, probably because it's toned down and balanced by some other scents.

The beer has a wheat and grain base, very apparent from the first sip. It hits the palate thin and with great carbonation, leaving that crispy snap on your tongue. Some sweet lemon, raspberry, blackberry, some other berries I'm sure, touches of sugar. The fruity flavors don't exactly taste what I'd call "authentic", but at least they don't taste awful like other fruit beers with artificial flavoring. Many times, over-zealous fruit beers will have a medicial, chalky, and over-the-top forced flavor profile, but it's not so much the case here. The fruit is definitely the forefront (and almost the ONLY front), but it's not gagging me, which is a good start. The biggest complain here is obviously the fact that there isn't much else besides the fruit. A little bit of wheat and grain, but it's minimal, and the hops are no where to be found. At this point, why not just have a wine cooler?

Not exactly my style of beer. Lemon Berry Shandy doesn't have that authentic fruity finish like the top-notch fruit beers, but it's far from gross or off-putting. More so, it really just doesn't deliver what I'm looking for. It's not bad, and I could imagine it being ever better on a hot summer day after an afternoon of yardwork. But other than that, it doesn't have too much to offer. Lots better than the Summer Shandy, however.

3.15/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3

Poured from can into a pint glass

Appearance – Pours a very hazy-murky pinkish orange colored brew. Upon poring there is a big billowy pinkish tinted head that fades rather fast and leave a decent level of lace on the sides of the glass.

Smell – The aroma is very sweet with a big aroma of lemonade. Mixed with these smells are some lighter aromas of a blueberry and raspberry smell.

Taste – The taste begins with a strong lemonade sweetness mixed with a little bit of a malt taste. The sweeter lemonade flavor remains rather constant throughout the taste and is joined more toward the middle by some flavors of a nondescript candy like berry. A light amount of a musky and floral flavors come to the tongue at the end leaving an overall sweet lemonade flavor to linger on the tongue.

Mouthfeel –The body of the brew was very thin in creaminess and thickness with a carbonation level that was on the more average side. Both are good for the sweet and fruity flavors for the brew and make for an easy drinker.

Overall – Well not really anything all that amazing. Like a hard lemonade light beer blend. It may be good for a hot summer day after mowing the lawn, but otherwise nothing I would really go for on any real occasion.

3.52/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: 1 inch head, high carbonation, reddish-yellow in color, cloudy

Smell: ginger, lemon, and light berry

Taste: wheat, big lemon, and light berry at the end

Mouthfeel: sweet, light body, medium-high carbonation

Overall:A good sweet shandy that works well on a hot day. I think this is the best of their shandys, yet it is a bit light on the berry taste. I would get it again if I was up for this style of beer.

2.99/5  rDev -2%

This beer pours out of the can capped by a reasonably sized lightly orange-tinted, fluffy head. It settles in the glass a murky orange-mauve sort of color. It actually manages to leaves patchy lacing in moderation and, also to my surprise, something remains of the head the whole way.
I'm not sure what substance there is to this beer because, while there's a light smattering of pale malts, I'm not getting much else besides powdered drink mix in the nose.
I was pretty sure going into it that this beer was just a mix of lemon shandy and berry weiss; now I'm convinced. While there really isn't much substance to it, the flavor does show a bit more in terms of a mildly floral note along with the fruit, with pale malts remaining throughout.
The feel actually isn't bad; it's light-bodied but not more than expected, and not watery. While it flattens out just a little (never entirely), crispness is enforced by a strong carbonation, which also provides a bit of smoothness as well.

3.13/5  rDev +2.6%

I picked up a can of Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy a couple days in a mixed shandy pack for $13.29 at Meijers. Leinenkugels Summer Shandy is one of my go to Disc Golfing beers, so I thought I would try the berry version to see how it stacks up. The variety pack just showed up so it's fairly fresh. Poured from 12oz can into an imperial pint glass.

A- The can looks good, it's very similar to the Summer Shandy can but with some berrys on it. It poured a pretty hazy orange/red color that took on some red hues when held to the light with two fingers worth of off white head that had a slight pink hue to it and it faded to a thin ring that stayed till the end and left some nice lacing behind. This is a nice looking beer, the color is a little weird but the head and lacing were nice.

S- The aroma starts off with a higher amount of sweetness followed by a pretty noticeable berry aroma with no one berry sticking out the most and it's followed by that typical summer shandy lemon flavors which blends nicely with the berry flavors. Up next I get some grainy and slightly bready malts with some doughy yeast aromas in the background. The aroma is ok, it's the lemon and berry aromas go good together the berry aromas are a little to heavy handed.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a higher amount of sweetness with berrys showing up first imparting a generic mixed berry flavor followed by the typical summer shandy lemonade flavor, they mix well together but I think the berry is just a little too overpowering. Up next I get some a some grainy and very bready malts with some doughy yeast in the background, and pretty much no bitterness with some light tartness and a berry. bready and lemonade like aftertaste.

M- Smooth, fairly creamy, refreshing, medium bodied, with a slight lower amount of medium carbonation. The mouthfeel was nice and it worked well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was an OK beer and a slightly above average example of the style, the berry flavors was a little overpowering but other than that it blended well with the summer shandy base. This beer had pretty good drinkability, it was refreshing, and the flavors did a decent job at holding my attention, I could drink more than a few of these on a hot summer afternoon, but i think it's a little less drinkable than summer shandy. What I liked the most about this beer was the drinkability, it was really nice, and just what I need on a hot summer day on the disc golf course. What I liked the least about this beer was the balance, i wish the berrys were toned down a little bit so they didn't overpower the lemonade flavors. I would buy this beer again, it's great for those warm days of disc golf and I recommend it to most people who like shandys. All in all i was happy with this beer, I still like summer shandy more, but this was nice variation of that and it will be nice to mix it up with a couple cans of this, nice work Leinenkugel's.

2.84/5  rDev -6.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Leinenkugel’s Lemon Berry Shandy has a very thick, slightly tinted white head, a very hazy, pink-orange appearance, with a large, swirling, gray cloud of sediment descending, with lots of ascending bubble streams. There are some lacing rings left behind. The aroma is of lemon drink, and the flavor is of sugary, lemon drink, sourness, citrus juice, and white bread. Mouthfeel is mostly heavy. Leinenkugel’s Lemon Berry Shandy finishes juice dry, very sweet, and gulpable. Overall, for what it is- a fruit/beer concoction, it is very good. For beer over all, it is only average. It is just too sweet!

2.97/5  rDev -2.6%

12oz bottle
Served in a nonic pint glass

A - It is orange with a pinkish tinge to it. An inch of white head made a brief appearance.

S - It smells like raspberry puree.

T - It tastes like a raspberry wheat beer.

M - It has a lot of carbonation.

O - It is pretty sweet with lots of raspberry flavor. It is probably refreshing in the summer but is less satisfying on a cold December day.

3.21/5  rDev +5.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Appearance: Slightly hazy reddish-orange body, crowned by a moderate, dense cloud-top head. Thick lacing is thick and leaves sheets on the glass walls. Profuse streams of fine bubbles drift lazily to the surface.

Aroma: Very sweet aroma of raspberries, blackberries, and lemonade. There is a note of candied citrus rind as well.

Taste: Opens with moderately sweet berry notes and spicy wheat malt. While the wheat malt opens strong, the berry and lemonade flavors soon gain ascendency. That being said, the fruit flavors are not as strong as the aroma would suggest, and so there is more balance to the taste than expected. Finishes with a mild blackberry flourish.

Mouth feel: Fairly full, with slightly zesty carbonation.

Drinkability/notes: This turned out to be better than expected, it could have leaned more in the direction of an "alco-pop malternative", but, thankfully did not. This would be refreshing on a hot summer day, and with its lower ABV (4.5%), is also well-suited to warmer weather. This might also appeal to friends who are wary of craft beer.

Presentation: Packaged in a custom twelve ounce brown glass long neck bottle with a twist-off crown, served in a New Belgium Brewing chalice.

2.62/5  rDev -14.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12 oz. bottle. Bought as part of the Leinenkugel's autumn sampler pack. This is the last beer out of the 4 that I'm reviewing tonight. Bottle says to enjoy by December 31, 2012 so I'm a little late, but I don't think it matters much. Uncapped and poured to a Boulevard tulip. *Shivers in fear*

A - Quick pour yields about a finger of bright white foam that disappears within seconds. Has the appearance of grapefruit juice mixed with a little bit of vodka, perhaps. It looks like the worst beer in the package, yet at the same time it looks like it might be the best.

S - As soon as I uncapped this beer, the artificial smell of lemon-berry furniture polish hit me in the face as the bottle let off smoke. Smells of tart, fresh lemons, I will give it credit for that. Throw a bunch of fresh fruit into this and say you made it from scratch.

T - Very tart and artificial tasting. Like someone mixed a bunch of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy in with a gallon of blueberry and grape juice concentrate and added some everclear or vodka. Carbonated like hell, although I would definitely enjoy a few of these in the shade on a blistering summer's day.

M - It's got that tart fresh-squeezed pucker, but it is definitely not genuine. It's refreshing, yet at the same time it makes me cringe in terror at how artificial and mass-produced this beer is.

Beer? Is this even a beer? If you ask me, it's more akin to a variation of a wine cooler or a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Moderate 4.2% abv, this beer is still something I would drink when it's $5.99 for the sampler pack, but not something to seek out.

Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy ---2.5/5

3.23/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a hazy pink color with a fizzy white head that reduces quickly, leaving just a bit behind. Smells of lemon soda, berries and a hint of biscuity malt. Tastes of berry lemonade mixed with a slightly crisp and malty pilsener. Mouthfeel is somewhat light and spritzy, leading to a foamy finish. These shandy's work great on a hot summer day out by the pool, otherwise they would be too fruity/soda like. But they serve a purpose, and I buy them every summer

3.6/5  rDev +18%

Lemon Berry Shandy pours an almost pink color, with a small disappearing head. There was a sweet sugary aroma, but not very pronounced. There was a very sweet taste, profound raspberry flavors, that blended with lemonade flavors, tasted like a raspberry lemonade, and also very carbonated, a yeasty taste mixed in throughout. Pronounced flavors, very carbonated, and pretty sweet. Overall I found this very interesting. Tasted more like a raspberry lemonade soda opposed to a beer, so might not be for everyone.

Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy from Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company