Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPA - Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Co.

Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPAHenry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPA

Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Co. visit their website
Oregon, United States

(Beer added by: Reidrover on 03-05-2008)

Emily1310, Aug 23, 2014

KC9LDB, Jan 08, 2013
4.95/5  rDev +61.2%

This is not an "in you face" ale, with some unexpected taste. It is one the best ales I have tasted. It is fairly hoppy with a full body and nice foamy head. It reminds me of the best British bitter ales, although it's an India Pale Ale design. It leaves a great after taste on the tongue. The kicker is that it's priced very low compared to the competition. I only hope it remains available in my Ohio location.
Larry

Squire, Dec 15, 2012
4.81/5  rDev +56.7%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I don't like to buy 12 bottles of unknown beer, but I did on this occasion on account of the cost which was very moderate. I thought: What can I lose? I'll try it. As soon as I got home I poured a glass to see how big an error I'd made. But, wow! It was good! I couldn't believe it for the price. My first thought was "hops," and so I went back and read the box and hops were mentioned. I like IPA, so that qualified too. I've drank beer all over the world (Scotland, Germany and Cyprus!) and this stuff was good. Great color and appearance, and then the flavor to boot. 6% ABV (which surprised me, as it was that high)! For THAT PRICE! Unbelievable. Go America! Congrats Henry Weinhard's!

knodeljr, Feb 06, 2014
4.75/5  rDev +54.7%

Kuriousvman, Apr 27, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +54.7%

ejane, May 12, 2013
4.61/5  rDev +50.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm very surprised by the low rates for this fine ale. I found it to have an excellent aroma, firm head, great color, and a balanced bitterness. I also like an ale that is not excessively alcoholic. This is an ale you could enjoy throughout the evening. My personal assessments for pale ales and IPA's are almost always well aligned with those from Beer Advocate. This is the biggest exception by far. I will buy this ale again!

BillBabbitt, Apr 29, 2013
4.51/5  rDev +46.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I am biased here, I have yet to meet an IPA that I didn't like...I'm smitten. That being said, great flavor, nice bite. Like it alot. Will buy again. Great body, had with Carne Asada Tacos. Enjoyed bbqing out of bottle, just a beast that way. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Kelly42, Mar 17, 2013
4.5/5  rDev +46.6%

Dapperticus, Oct 06, 2012
4.5/5  rDev +46.6%

jtennyson99, Oct 28, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +38.4%

WorksforBeer, Feb 22, 2013
4.18/5  rDev +36.2%

Henry Weinhard’s Woodland Pass IPA has a thick, soapy, cream-colored head and a hazy (which gets more hazy upon swishing the bottle), bubbly, orange appearance. Lacing is quite pronounced. The aroma is of bread, bread crust, and hop oil, and the flavor is sweet, bready, and has a mild hop bitterness. Mouthfeel is light to medium, and Henry Weinhard’s Woodland Pass IPA finishes semi-dry, mellow, and quite drinkable. Overall, this is a very good beer.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Dec 01, 2012
4.1/5  rDev +33.6%

On draft at The Good Life, Massapequa Park, NY.

Poured a medium copper hue with a one finger foamy white head. There was decent retention and lacing.

The smell featured piney hops with a light soft caramel.

The taste consisted of an upfront piney and citric hop with a pleasant doughy round malt.

The mouthfeel was typical of the style.

Overall a very tasty and highly quaffable IPA. I think this beer suffers from the competition of the West Coast.

plaid75, Aug 22, 2012
4.06/5  rDev +32.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

It pours a clear, light amber with a white head. Head retention is decent and the lacing is alright as well. It carries aromas of citrus and caramel, with a light malty backbone. The caramel is first tasted followed by some refreshing grapefruit notes from the hops. Malt shines through in the finish. There is a good amount of carbonation with a moderate mouthfeel. Overall, not too bad. Pick some up if you get the chance

silverking, Jan 24, 2013

sgregory, May 11, 2013

poogas, Dec 28, 2012

TxMdScotty298, Oct 11, 2013

IDABEERGUY, Aug 13, 2013
Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPA from Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Co.