2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPA - Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Co.

Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPAHenry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPA

Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Co. visit their website
Oregon, United States

(Beer added by: Reidrover on 03-05-2008)
View: Beers (13) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
« first ‹ prev | 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next › last »
Ratings: 500 | Reviews: 136 | Show All Ratings:
dhannes

Wisconsin

3.93/5  rDev +28%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured chilled from a bottle into a standard pint.

A=Deep orange-gold amber and a touch of cloudiness...bright white head.

S=Orange and lemon essences present.

T=More lemony than orange,with a modestly strong hop backbone.

M=Moderate body, very low carbonation.

O=I generally don't like IPA's, and my scores here are based more on the style...Of the IPAs I've had, this was a bit more enjoyable than most...but it may be a bit too tame for those that really like the style...still, like other MillerCoors' "craft" type beers, this is a decent gateway beer and could serve as a decent IPA for parties...a decent session IPA, too.

11-17-2013 22:42:22 | More by dhannes
Lucs

Oregon

3.98/5  rDev +29.6%

In the end this is what really happened... Miller made the dicision to drop this label and make Lat 44 aka Latitude 44, which is basically the location of Eugene Oregon to better market the beer for Oregonians that like micro-brews but it failed and now it's gone. I think this sucks because Henry makes some good beer but they have no IPA and this would hev been a great addition to their label but now it's gone. The reason I mark this as on-tap because that is the only way they marketed the beer when it was called Lat 44.

03-04-2010 00:53:01 | More by Lucs
BGrosskat

3.99/5  rDev +30%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I really enjoyed this IPA. Some will criticize for lack of complexity, but this beer is subtle beauty. Smooth, crisp. Not much head or lacing to speak of, but the taste is balanced and full throughout. The bitterness hides nicely behind hints of orange and spice. Sweet, spicy aftertastes lingers that I actually enjoyed, which I usually don't with an IPA. 6% abv= not overpowering but a appropriately detectable. The definition of solid/refreshing.

03-16-2014 17:42:45 | More by BGrosskat
timtwoface

British Columbia (Canada)

I really like this beer. It's cost at $6.99/six is great, and while it's hardly a stellar IPA, I think that is what makes it so appealing. It's a milder IPA but definitely has that hoppy character that I love, but it's also smooth and you could drink a couple of these in succession without feeling put-off.

It's nothing to write home about but it's definitely a great standard, regular beer that I will continue to buy stateside and sneak back up into Canada on a regular basis. Gotta love these Northwestern brews!

10-25-2011 02:51:40 | More by timtwoface
silverking

4.06/5  rDev +32.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

It pours a clear, light amber with a white head. Head retention is decent and the lacing is alright as well. It carries aromas of citrus and caramel, with a light malty backbone. The caramel is first tasted followed by some refreshing grapefruit notes from the hops. Malt shines through in the finish. There is a good amount of carbonation with a moderate mouthfeel. Overall, not too bad. Pick some up if you get the chance

01-24-2013 18:47:53 | More by silverking
plaid75

4.1/5  rDev +33.6%

On draft at The Good Life, Massapequa Park, NY.

Poured a medium copper hue with a one finger foamy white head. There was decent retention and lacing.

The smell featured piney hops with a light soft caramel.

The taste consisted of an upfront piney and citric hop with a pleasant doughy round malt.

The mouthfeel was typical of the style.

Overall a very tasty and highly quaffable IPA. I think this beer suffers from the competition of the West Coast.

08-22-2012 22:49:02 | More by plaid75
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

4.18/5  rDev +36.2%

Henry Weinhard’s Woodland Pass IPA has a thick, soapy, cream-colored head and a hazy (which gets more hazy upon swishing the bottle), bubbly, orange appearance. Lacing is quite pronounced. The aroma is of bread, bread crust, and hop oil, and the flavor is sweet, bready, and has a mild hop bitterness. Mouthfeel is light to medium, and Henry Weinhard’s Woodland Pass IPA finishes semi-dry, mellow, and quite drinkable. Overall, this is a very good beer.

RJT

12-01-2012 16:25:52 | More by RonaldTheriot
Kelly42

4.51/5  rDev +46.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I am biased here, I have yet to meet an IPA that I didn't like...I'm smitten. That being said, great flavor, nice bite. Like it alot. Will buy again. Great body, had with Carne Asada Tacos. Enjoyed bbqing out of bottle, just a beast that way. Thoroughly enjoyable.

03-17-2013 00:54:21 | More by Kelly42
BillBabbitt

4.61/5  rDev +50.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'm very surprised by the low rates for this fine ale. I found it to have an excellent aroma, firm head, great color, and a balanced bitterness. I also like an ale that is not excessively alcoholic. This is an ale you could enjoy throughout the evening. My personal assessments for pale ales and IPA's are almost always well aligned with those from Beer Advocate. This is the biggest exception by far. I will buy this ale again!

04-29-2013 22:48:22 | More by BillBabbitt
knodeljr

4.81/5  rDev +56.7%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I don't like to buy 12 bottles of unknown beer, but I did on this occasion on account of the cost which was very moderate. I thought: What can I lose? I'll try it. As soon as I got home I poured a glass to see how big an error I'd made. But, wow! It was good! I couldn't believe it for the price. My first thought was "hops," and so I went back and read the box and hops were mentioned. I like IPA, so that qualified too. I've drank beer all over the world (Scotland, Germany and Cyprus!) and this stuff was good. Great color and appearance, and then the flavor to boot. 6% ABV (which surprised me, as it was that high)! For THAT PRICE! Unbelievable. Go America! Congrats Henry Weinhard's!

02-06-2014 22:23:09 | More by knodeljr
Squire

4.95/5  rDev +61.2%

This is not an "in you face" ale, with some unexpected taste. It is one the best ales I have tasted. It is fairly hoppy with a full body and nice foamy head. It reminds me of the best British bitter ales, although it's an India Pale Ale design. It leaves a great after taste on the tongue. The kicker is that it's priced very low compared to the competition. I only hope it remains available in my Ohio location.
Larry

12-15-2012 22:16:45 | More by Squire
« first ‹ prev | 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next › last »
Henry Weinhard's Woodland Pass IPA from Blitz-Weinhard Brewing Co.