Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Weizenbock |  8.20% ABV

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus Alström Bros

From a 1 pint bottle into a weizen glass. The bottle was cold when purchased and I let it set a good 35 minutes before opening. Aventinus poured a lovely deep mahogany into the glass. The 2 inch foamy head was thick, rich and slightly off white. It settled after a while to the thickness of a couple of quarters. Oh my, the beautiful aroma hit seconds after the cap came off and before I even tipped the bottle. The chocolate vanilla, banana, clove and rich malts danced in my head. The taste does not disappoint. One can easily pick up the malts, creamy chocolate and wheat. She is properly carbonated for the style and the ingredients God supplied. The sweetness of the beer dances in your mouth and goes down ever so smoothly. A wonderful beer for a cold night, or anytime. Extremely drinkable. Perfect in every way.

THE TRUE KING OF BEERS!!!!

First had this with a Tofurkey meal.

A: Dark brown with good head retention
S: Very malty with some vague banana split notes
T: Has a mixture of chocolate and fruitiness that is like no other.
M: Very smooth and heavy, definitely something to be enjoyed and not drank quickly
D: Crudweiser should be sued for false advertising, this is the true king of beers.

I bought this bottle on a whim at Marcello's in Lafayette, LA. Little did I know that I was in for. This beer was so delicious, and I could not find anything bad about it. Upon opening, I immediately poured it into a glass and noticed how nice of a head came out of it. As I began to drink it, I noticed aromas of fruit, a heavy but not-to-sweet taste with an incredible champagne-like carbonation.

I bought this beer at a time when I was strictly drinking IPA's and assorted Pale's, and I could argue that this beer helped change my taste. I highly recommend this beer to anyone who likes a variety of beers.