Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Weizenbock |  8.20% ABV

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus Alström Bros

Beto-Garcia, Aug 27, 2014

AndrewMichael, Jan 09, 2012
1.73/5  rDev -60.1%

A- A good 3-4 finger sea foam head. White and creamy. A dark red tan colored beer. A little cloudy with some carbonation rising from the bottom. Head has a lot of staying power. Hangs around for a while. Good lacing as a result of the thick foam.

S- Smells like a mix between prunes and mildew. You can almost smell the carbonation burn your nostrils. Yeasty.

T- At first there is a yeasty foot taste to it. Every other sip there's a quick hit of dark figs and sweet dark fruit. Major taste of alcohol. The aftertaste is just a sour flavor.

M- Lots of carbonation that just overpowers the whole beer.

O- Some beers I have had in the past tend to get better as they get closer to the bottom. I poured out the first half of the beer and poured the second half of the bottle. No such luck. Just as unpleasant as the first half. Could not finish this one.

stckhndlr, Mar 28, 2011

carriepatbain, Sep 04, 2012

Goldfishman, Apr 02, 2012
2.2/5  rDev -49.3%

This beer was tasted on 11/24/08, a 500ml. bottle out of a Duvel tulip glass. The beer was bottled on the 109th day of 2008. Initial appearance was a beauiful reddish-brown amber colour with a mouth watering 2 finger cream head. Unfortunately the smell and taste did not compare to the look. All I could smell was active yeast which overwhelmed any other flavours the beer might have had. The taste was the same yeast, yeast, and more yeast. I would say at least for me the beer is not very drinkable considering it was the first beer that I have poured in a long time. Not a big fan of German beer styles though, more of a Belgian guy, so I hope this brew will improve with more age. Overall, at this point of bottle ageing was very disappointed by this brew which is listed on BA's top 100 list.

mikeyv35, Nov 25, 2008
2.2/5  rDev -49.3%

I've heard so much about this one, thought it was high time to give it a shot.
Appearance is good, looks just like any dopplebock I've had.
The smell, well this is where we get off to a bad start. It's got a musky, mildewy smell like you get from a poorly kept men's locker room.
At best it tastes like rotten prunes spiked with acetone.
Let's just call this stuff, "Rotten Prune Punch", for lack of a better term.
I lived in Germany for 2 years many years ago, drank many a dopplebock and this junk wouldn't make it past first base.
I'm highly disappointed, but that's the chances you take in this "hobby".

industrialswill, Dec 09, 2010
2.24/5  rDev -48.4%

JPNesker, Aug 16, 2014
2.25/5  rDev -48.2%

Dark brown pour, not particularly thick. Smell, a wallop of alcohol, and a bunch of dark fruit.

Taste, geez, this is not my thing. Tastes like a high alcohol brown ale, with all kinds of fig, raisin, dates type of flavor, throw in some tobacco and rubbing alcohol too.

Can't appreciate the mouthfeel or drinkability of a beer that is so disagreeable. Strong, sure, but good? No. This tastes like a big hodgepodge of contradictory flavors.

Beerandraiderfan, Jan 14, 2010

mitch3114, Oct 09, 2012

CityofBals, Sep 12, 2013
2.35/5  rDev -45.9%

Appearance: Head recedes quick and leaves the glass looking like a glass of Coke.

Smell: Straight Molasses

Taste: Molasses and alcohol. A LOT of alcohol. No complexity here.

Mouthfeel: like water

drinkability: The alcohol is just too extreme to enjoy more than one.

donmonkey1, Mar 29, 2009
2.38/5  rDev -45.2%

Dirty brown, no clarity, thin head, some legs, but not much lacing.

Bannas, cloves, wheat, vanilla, sweet skicky malt.

Sour considering the style…really sour. I really don’t know how to describe what I’m tasting here. There’s a sweet malt flavor here, some dark roasted fruits, some rum. I am not really noticing the spices mentioned on the bottle and in other reviews. Perhaps in the rum flavors.

8.2% can be nothing, but here it dominates this beer. Ever sip bites with alcohol. There isn’t anything else to help mellow this either.

I’m completely disappointed in this one. The body is thin, lacks carbonation, the taste is a touch sour, and frankly nothing here is done well. Considering the reviews I may have simply had my expectations too high but I’ve simply had much better doppelbocks and it isn’t a style I seek out. That said this comes off like say a dark imperial hef.

I really want to score this higher, but I can't think of a reason to do so.

bobhits, Apr 13, 2011
2.44/5  rDev -43.8%

Ale, Oct 16, 2014
2.45/5  rDev -43.5%

Bottle poured into tulip glass.

Pour is a dark ruby brown with garnet highlights when held to light. Fluffy white head that leaves no lacing.

smell is strong of booze and ripe grapes and spice. I got no banana at all like others have described it.

taste followed right along with spices, booze and an odd wine, grape, prune taste. Not really enjoyable and totally different from what I expected. After the initial shock of the taste, it mellowed out into a sweet brown sugar malty flavor that was nice.

mouthfeel was nice, great carbonation and left a nice but brief coating in the mouth.

overall, not for me but i will give it another shot to make sure i didnt have a bad bottle or was just having an off day.

GuruDel, Apr 05, 2011

Metz, Jul 21, 2013

josephwa, Jul 09, 2013

jmathis, Aug 22, 2012
2.58/5  rDev -40.6%

Here goes….another one down the hatch, a few more of these and I wont be able to judge a thing. Anyways, the head come in a shade of off-white that is often associated with cheap white walls. The bier color is…..um….root beer candy brown. The aroma is that of a lemon/citrus hefe. Slightly off-colored from most hefe smells. It tastes like a burnt orange peel soaked in a light hefe-weizen. Brewed for the hefe lovers only, and not for the beginner hefe drinker.

schrist275, Jan 01, 2003
2.65/5  rDev -38.9%

Very dark in color, pours thick, and has an oddly bright white head for such a thick beer. Smells of dark fruits, plums, and sugar.

Up front it tastes of barley, and dates but the swallow finishes with a wheats taste which clears up the sweetness that would normally persist from such flavors, a very nice balance. Goes very well with sushi!

Nice beer overall, id definatinely give it another go

After finishing the bottle, I noticed the upfront sweetness of the beer starts to build and kit gets sweeter as you sip, not something I enjoyed

jtierney89, Oct 03, 2011
2.68/5  rDev -38.2%

Aventinus

Appearance- dark hazy brown with a big thick head. Had to wait a few minutes and continue pouring.
Smell- Whoa.... Pepper and cloves!!!!
Taste- watery and thin with nothing more than clove and pepper.
Mouthfeel- watery. Slight bubbly carbonation.

Overall- The first sip gives you all this clove and pepper, and just when you think the beers about to kick it up a notch... it doesn't.
A beer I could drink a few of, but not worthy of the price. Not a bad 1 but nothing special here either!!!

NJpadreFan, Oct 27, 2005
2.7/5  rDev -37.8%

When poured into my glass, this beer poured a dark brown head with medium sized bubbles. The nose was that of clove and I could definitely taste the alcohol in this beer. I just couldn't acquire a taste for this beer. I thought it had a slight bitter aftertaste. To each his/her own.

hotstuff, Jul 22, 2003
2.7/5  rDev -37.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

OK, this is getting to be a bit much for me. How is it possible that I find similarities in three beers in a row? The color, here, is different. But the taste... Yeah. Nutty and malty, for sure, but some of that same brown sugar taste (not the sweet part). Fine mouthfeel. I'm just not interested today. I've got to go and grab something good - to make sure that it's not just an off day for me!

charlesw, Dec 28, 2008
2.75/5  rDev -36.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I have found that I do not like what I would term big over the top alcoholic brews and this fits that description.

Two fingers of head when poured but this quickly drops with some retention. Murky brown in colour. Aromas of dark fruit and overwhelming alcohol which persisted on the palate. The alcohol just wiped out everything else for me. Totally dominant. Perhaps better with food?

Macca, Nov 18, 2008