Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Weizenbock |  8.20% ABV

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus Alström Bros
3.4/5  rDev -21.7%

Pours deep brown with an excellent cream colored head. This brew smells of sweet fruits. The taste is also of sweet fruit, namely dried apricot and darker fruit. It is highly carbonated with an average viscosity. It is fairly drinkable however it just isnt my style, the taste really doesn't do it for me.

Lothore, Jul 05, 2007

Hazy brown.
Picked up a hint of blackberry as the bottled opened. Aroma of strong dark malt, almost a black soy bean note, clove, yeast...
Flavours include hints of chocolate, dried currants, hint of acetone, with a plummy aftertaste.
Chewy, heavy & spiritous, slightly hot.
I found this hard work to drink. Nice flavours, but I would like less of the effects like the heat & alcohol elements.

vancurly, Sep 16, 2006
3.43/5  rDev -21%

This brew has an insane amount of frothy light head.
Color is a chalky dark amber that lets no light through.
Smell is of very strong oak and yeast.
The taste is extremely rich. It has dark malts and fruity after thoughts. An interesting combo, and a nice sipper.

knm, Mar 09, 2011
3.43/5  rDev -21%

pours a semi hazy dark brown which has very quickly dissappearing white head. leaves no lacing.

smell: very hidden malts with alot of alchohol. nothing else to say.

taste: complex malts mixing very well and masking the alchohol competely.

mouthfeel: kinda sticky, the beer is undercarbonated and kinda syrupy.

drinkability: kind of sessionable, very full flavored and affordable.

not alot to say about this one besides its just good.

northaustin, Nov 24, 2009
3.45/5  rDev -20.5%

Pours a cloudy dark amber with a half finger off white head that melts to fine lacing.
Aroma is surprisingly belgium in nature with dark fruits and moderate alcohol.
Taste is initially cinnamon..cinnamon then dark fruits like aprocots and plums and follows with a slight wheat drying and alcohol burn.
Aftertaste of wheat and alcohol.
Mouthfeel is very substantial.

IntriqKen, Sep 07, 2006
3.45/5  rDev -20.5%

A: A foggy brown with virtually no head when poured.

S: The smell has hints of fruit but the aroma seems artificial.

T: It is good but not great. There is the taste of dates, citrus, and something herby that I cannot identify. The taste is very strong.

M: Slightly viscous and extremely carbonated.

O: Weizenbocks are not what I normally drink which is why I rated it lower than a Weizenbock drinker would have. It is worth trying if you want to try different beers.

jvillefan, Nov 10, 2011
3.45/5  rDev -20.5%

This hazy, brown beer poured with one of the liveliest heads I've ever seen (though it then settled down and left only the slightest trace of lacing). A spicy, cinnamon aroma, along with a peculiar sweetness I associate with canned corn dominate the nose and taste. The relatively high alcohol content also contributes to the flavor; I definitely welcomed those esters for adding an additional dimension to the otherwise clobbering maltyness. To that end, I found that a few bites of dark chocolate brought out a crispness that I might have otherwise overlooked. Overall, a bit of a heavier brew than I usually care for, but definitely worth experiencing.

davidshamoon, Sep 29, 2006
3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

Served a pale and murky light brown with a large creamy tan head that persisted through the half-liter. Smells of overpowering sweet and fruity malts, particularly banana. Tastes strongly of tropical fruits up-front with a significant and persistent bitterness in the finish. Creamy smooth in the mouth.

A one-two punch of sweet and sour. Somewhat simplistic. Lacking in depth and disappointing overall.

dgallina, Feb 20, 2005
3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

I picked this one up with a bunch of Weissbier. I admit it was my fault for not reading the lable and I assumed it was going to be like the other but I was wrong. To be honest I didn't really enjoy this beer all that much the flavours were just to intense for me and I found that each drink of the glass was just to much information for my taste buds to process. Also I think the higher alcohol content may be why I didn't enjoy it as much.

Pour into a glass. Really interesting dark colour, found that it had a thicker feeling in the mouth but not creamy. I wouldn't buy again for a few years until I can train my self on Dopplebock.

terryeckmeier, Aug 26, 2008
3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

Served in a hefe glass, poured a yellowish dark brown with a large tan head. I like the yeast in a hefe, and it did its thing with the bubbles coming up from the bottom of the glass.

The smell was classic hefe weizen: banana nut bread, with a touch of clove.

The taste also reminded me of a classic hefe weizen with a nice nuttiness from the yeast, apples and bananas, plus alcohol showing off. None of the caramelized malt character I was expecting from a bock beer, though. It became too sweet by the end, I really wanted some hops to come in and rescue my taste buds.

I'm glad I tried this, but I doubt I'll have it again. One never knows, do one? Just the thought of the sweetness makes me cringe.

Shultzerdugen, Mar 13, 2005
3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

Poured with a nice off white head, deep amber color. Very nice looking beer. The smell was of banana, clove up front, alcohol towards the back end. Taste was pretty delicious, even though I am not a big fan of clove, estery tastes, this was a pleasant beer to have. It almost tasted of banana bread, with the banana, spices, and wheat and yeast combining to give it a bready feel. It has a nice body, a bit syrupy as it warms. Citrusy finish that stays in the mouth for a while. Overall I did enjoy this beer, perhaps the size of the bottle was too much, a 12 0z size might be more enjoyable. I would recommend this to any beer enthusiast, no matter what your style of preference.

Lldeegan, Oct 27, 2009

Sailracer, Feb 10, 2013

waddellc2, Jan 12, 2014

kermis, Jun 19, 2014
3.5/5  rDev -19.4%

The beer pours a cloudy brown, mostly opaque. Thick, foamy head. It has a mild wheat and vanilla smell to it.

Very intense taste. The wheat jumps out at first, but the banana and vanilla sit in the back of the throat. The aftertaste is too much, but I respect the uniqueness of this beer.

Amalak, Feb 14, 2009

Ribsandwhiskey, Jun 12, 2014

Zaphog, Jun 10, 2013

pin, May 29, 2012
3.5/5  rDev -19.4%

Been reading so much about this beer in forum posts had to spring for the 4 bucks at bevmo to sample it myself.

Pours like it would be nice, Cola brown, cloudy, head that sticks with it. I remember Alexander the Grape.

Smells aggressive sweet darkness and dark fruits. Like if nerds made a side with dark fruit nerds.

Tastes ok. a little to sweet. but thin aftertaste. Like those dots you would eat off the paper roll. The dots were sweet but you'd always bite off some of the paper.

This beer overall is like the cola flavored Fizz candies. Carbonated, ethereal and should be dispensed at the candy shop, it will lick the malty lollipop.

Murchmac, May 16, 2009