Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Weizenbock |  8.20% ABV

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus Alström Bros
4.4/5  rDev +1.4%

Good brew! Smooth, low IBU, dark fruits, wheat, banana, spices. This was different than the Ayinger weizenbock that I've had. Beeradvocate lists this as a "weizenbock" but they take different approaches to the style. Excuse my memory, but the Ayinger version seemed more what I would imagine a weizenbock to taste like. This reminded me much more of a dopplebock. While I will certainly drink a dopplebock, it isn't my favorite German style (although my second highest reviewed beer is a dopplebock... go figure). If I were to compare this to Ayinger's dopplebock: "Celebrator" I'd have to rate this one below that beer. Celebrator is at the top of the charts. This Schneider seems like a hybrid weizenbock and dopplebock together. I can respect that. It's tough for me because I'm not sure what I should review this as. A Weizenbock, a dopplebock, or just the pure enjoyment of the beer. The thing that this beer has going for it is that it seems like a dopplebock you can enjoy all year round. Celebrator is one of those beers you enjoy during the cold months. Its meant to be drank at a warmer temperature. This one seems like it would work even during warm days because its like it is asking to be drank at a cooler temperature. idk, just my take on this beer. Good stuff!

Fear4Beer, Oct 06, 2014

jkrug5, Yesterday at 02:20 PM

That_One_Guy, Sunday at 04:11 AM

rodzm14, Saturday at 04:30 PM
4.5/5  rDev +3.7%

The beer is a rich dark tan color. It's so good I decided to write a review which is rare for me. It pours a delightful head, and it just looks plain delectable.

The smell is phenomenal: I get banana, clove, peppermint, a touch of booze culminating in a fresh lemongrass aroma. It smells like a hefeweizen with some extra alcohol and earthy flavors. In the taste I get candy sugar, wheat, honey, clove, banana, and a little booze. It tastes like that clove gum with some alcohol added.

This is a great beer. I have to drink these occasionally to remind myself that there is more to beers than hops and coffee stouts. It is almost sad to realize that no American brewery could replicate this taste. I rate this among some of the best beers created. Its not barrel-aged or hop forward, but it's delicious and subtle, which I have yet to find in American beer.

TCJ0100, Friday at 12:21 AM