Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Weizenbock |  8.20% ABV

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus Alström Bros
IntriqKen

3.45/5  rDev -20.5%

Pours a cloudy dark amber with a half finger off white head that melts to fine lacing.
Aroma is surprisingly belgium in nature with dark fruits and moderate alcohol.
Taste is initially cinnamon..cinnamon then dark fruits like aprocots and plums and follows with a slight wheat drying and alcohol burn.
Aftertaste of wheat and alcohol.
Mouthfeel is very substantial.

09-07-2006 01:50:15 | More by IntriqKen
jvillefan

3.45/5  rDev -20.5%

A: A foggy brown with virtually no head when poured.

S: The smell has hints of fruit but the aroma seems artificial.

T: It is good but not great. There is the taste of dates, citrus, and something herby that I cannot identify. The taste is very strong.

M: Slightly viscous and extremely carbonated.

O: Weizenbocks are not what I normally drink which is why I rated it lower than a Weizenbock drinker would have. It is worth trying if you want to try different beers.

11-10-2011 05:02:16 | More by jvillefan
davidshamoon

3.45/5  rDev -20.5%

This hazy, brown beer poured with one of the liveliest heads I've ever seen (though it then settled down and left only the slightest trace of lacing). A spicy, cinnamon aroma, along with a peculiar sweetness I associate with canned corn dominate the nose and taste. The relatively high alcohol content also contributes to the flavor; I definitely welcomed those esters for adding an additional dimension to the otherwise clobbering maltyness. To that end, I found that a few bites of dark chocolate brought out a crispness that I might have otherwise overlooked. Overall, a bit of a heavier brew than I usually care for, but definitely worth experiencing.

09-29-2006 04:04:54 | More by davidshamoon
dgallina

Georgia

3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

Served a pale and murky light brown with a large creamy tan head that persisted through the half-liter. Smells of overpowering sweet and fruity malts, particularly banana. Tastes strongly of tropical fruits up-front with a significant and persistent bitterness in the finish. Creamy smooth in the mouth.

A one-two punch of sweet and sour. Somewhat simplistic. Lacking in depth and disappointing overall.

02-20-2005 05:04:23 | More by dgallina
terryeckmeier

Ontario (Canada)

3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

I picked this one up with a bunch of Weissbier. I admit it was my fault for not reading the lable and I assumed it was going to be like the other but I was wrong. To be honest I didn't really enjoy this beer all that much the flavours were just to intense for me and I found that each drink of the glass was just to much information for my taste buds to process. Also I think the higher alcohol content may be why I didn't enjoy it as much.

Pour into a glass. Really interesting dark colour, found that it had a thicker feeling in the mouth but not creamy. I wouldn't buy again for a few years until I can train my self on Dopplebock.

08-26-2008 21:51:37 | More by terryeckmeier
Shultzerdugen

Missouri

3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

Served in a hefe glass, poured a yellowish dark brown with a large tan head. I like the yeast in a hefe, and it did its thing with the bubbles coming up from the bottom of the glass.

The smell was classic hefe weizen: banana nut bread, with a touch of clove.

The taste also reminded me of a classic hefe weizen with a nice nuttiness from the yeast, apples and bananas, plus alcohol showing off. None of the caramelized malt character I was expecting from a bock beer, though. It became too sweet by the end, I really wanted some hops to come in and rescue my taste buds.

I'm glad I tried this, but I doubt I'll have it again. One never knows, do one? Just the thought of the sweetness makes me cringe.

03-13-2005 17:54:53 | More by Shultzerdugen
Lldeegan

Louisiana

3.48/5  rDev -19.8%

Poured with a nice off white head, deep amber color. Very nice looking beer. The smell was of banana, clove up front, alcohol towards the back end. Taste was pretty delicious, even though I am not a big fan of clove, estery tastes, this was a pleasant beer to have. It almost tasted of banana bread, with the banana, spices, and wheat and yeast combining to give it a bready feel. It has a nice body, a bit syrupy as it warms. Citrusy finish that stays in the mouth for a while. Overall I did enjoy this beer, perhaps the size of the bottle was too much, a 12 0z size might be more enjoyable. I would recommend this to any beer enthusiast, no matter what your style of preference.

10-27-2009 20:51:12 | More by Lldeegan

Netherlands

06-19-2014 22:44:47 | More by kermis
Amalak

3.5/5  rDev -19.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

The beer pours a cloudy brown, mostly opaque. Thick, foamy head. It has a mild wheat and vanilla smell to it.

Very intense taste. The wheat jumps out at first, but the banana and vanilla sit in the back of the throat. The aftertaste is too much, but I respect the uniqueness of this beer.

02-14-2009 21:30:35 | More by Amalak

Australia

05-29-2012 03:02:27 | More by pin
Murchmac

3.5/5  rDev -19.4%

Been reading so much about this beer in forum posts had to spring for the 4 bucks at bevmo to sample it myself.

Pours like it would be nice, Cola brown, cloudy, head that sticks with it. I remember Alexander the Grape.

Smells aggressive sweet darkness and dark fruits. Like if nerds made a side with dark fruit nerds.

Tastes ok. a little to sweet. but thin aftertaste. Like those dots you would eat off the paper roll. The dots were sweet but you'd always bite off some of the paper.

This beer overall is like the cola flavored Fizz candies. Carbonated, ethereal and should be dispensed at the candy shop, it will lick the malty lollipop.

05-16-2009 05:21:02 | More by Murchmac