Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser AventinusSchneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Weizenbock |  8.20% ABV

Formerly Schneider Aventinus.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-01-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 6 Unser Aventinus Alström Bros
KyleRV

s4s

06-05-2013 03:00:21 | More by s4s
JasonA

3.03/5  rDev -30.2%

Pours a distinct carmel color. Significant head, but doesnt look carbonated in the body ... at least to the degree of head.

Smells like a malty bock. Sweet, doppel, citrus? Did I mention malt? Dont really smell the abv, though there is something crisp about the smell. Is crisp a smell?

Smells much more malty than the taste. Initial is a bit uninspiring. Was expecting something more pungent considering the envigorating smell. Ending is nice. A bit malty, but nothing that catches me. Maybe Im missing something. Its a bock, yes. I guess I dont understand the style difference from other bocks.

A bit smooth, better than the carbonation looks. Like most other bocks.

I gotta go average here. This beer hasnt done much to awe me. Its a decent beer, but Im not getting the part thats going to being me back to it unless Im in Germany ;)

10-27-2007 00:34:10 | More by JasonA
DKight

Indiana

3.03/5  rDev -30.2%

As a Bock fan, and having enjoyed a few weat-Bocks, I thought this beer would be a great late night treat. Especially after reading the reviews on here, and seeing it somehow managed to receive an "A".

Poured into a mug from the bottle I noticed the carbonation almost as soon as I was done pouring. This beer had a mouth feel of a soda, very bubbily and not very beer like. Very wheat taste, and as I would expect from a bock there should have been some sort of maltiness, sadly this was not the case.

on another note there were some nice fruity hints in the smell, but the bitter finish ruined any pleasantness I had with this beer.

01-22-2011 00:32:01 | More by DKight
pd360

Maine

3.03/5  rDev -30.2%

On first sip, this beer grabbed me. I liked it right away but after a few sips the sweetness got to me. It is very thick and syrupy and all I could think of was Dr. Pepper. Once the thought of Dr. Pepper was in my head thats all I could taste and I could barely finish it. I would not get this one again.

07-05-2009 21:57:44 | More by pd360
DarthMalt

3.05/5  rDev -29.7%

7/17/02
What's the deal with making dark wheat beers? Aren't they supposed to be light and refreshing?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAVEAT: Not my Style

Translucent amber, with a quick, foam-rubber looking head. Tart clove nose with a deep alcohol scent, kind of reminds me of Chimay Belgians.

Definite wood tones in the mid-taste, tangy throughout, and finishes on the dry side.

Good Beer. I could live on it.

Who's the monk-looking dude?

06-18-2002 21:25:33 | More by DarthMalt
tewaris

3.05/5  rDev -29.7%

Undecipherable date code, poured into a Sam Adams perfect pint.

Surprisingly clear, brilliantly burnt brown colored, with a light tan colored huge, dense head that dissipated with soda like fizzing into a rather modest one and, surprisingly, didn't leave any lacing. At first I thought that this was going to be a great looking beer, but as it turned out, not quite.

Aroma is, simply put, magnificent: very sweet with dark caramely sweetness and fruity banana sweetness. It does remind of a doppelbock and a hefeweizen at the same time and has all the toasty-caramel notes with the banana-clove-tart hints. Brilliant.

Although not as strong as aroma, the taste is equally complex: dominated by banana-caramel flavor, with slightly tannic and slightly bitter finish. Very good until the finish that is excruciatingly sweet and cloying, making it hard to take another sip. Some alcohol helps, but still, the overly sweet aftertaste kills almost all the pleasure derived from drinking this one.

Thin body, but still somehow manages to stay around on the palate as if I drank LME. I don't get it!

If you chugged it you won't know but as it is, very tough to drink.

11-19-2010 10:24:39 | More by tewaris
barknee

3.08/5  rDev -29%

Pouring this, I was rewarded with an initial 1.75 inch, hi density off-white foamy head and the color of the beer is a burnt caramel. The carbonation is at the initial pour, almost champagne like in intensity, with bubbles ascending from all sectors of the glasses interior. The nose offers copious quantities of clove and fennel which somewhat dissipates revealing the yeast and a hint of dark chocolate. The initial mouth feel is quite creamy, as a portion of the head exists throughout the tasting. The finish is quite crisp, due to the persistent carbonation. For me, the clove-like underpinnings remind me somewhat of a "seasonal" holiday flavored brew, and somewhat detract from the overall drinkability of this beer. The combined expansive nature of the style, and the prominent clove / fennel like flavor deeply embedded in this beer is a bit "over the top" as I began to get subtle indications that having gone onto a second bottle might have encouraged my gag reflex into operation. It is the nose of this product that has an enormous weight on how this beer will be generally perceived, evaluated and ultimately enjoyed. The taste is moderately potable, but there is no escaping the outgassing of odoriferous emanations. Although interesting to try, it is doubtful that this beer will find a place in my cellar now or in the future.

10-17-2004 13:41:08 | More by barknee
boulevard2

3.08/5  rDev -29%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

12 oz bottle 2004

Smells foral, sweet and medicinal with hints of figs and raisins. Heavy dose of cloves and wheat. Lots of alcohol definatly a sipping beer. Taste bites the tongue and warms the inside, a great winter warmer. Definatly a good beer but its drinkability isn't there for me just a little to strong.

04-09-2006 16:25:08 | More by boulevard2
thekanna

Maryland

3.1/5  rDev -28.6%

Appearance: a nice dark ruddy hue with a huge head that settles into a thin foam.

Smell: Overall, a resonating sourness reminiscent of yogurt or malted milk. Higher notes of caramel, sweetbreads, toffee, and carob.

Taste: Definitely strong yeasts. Low carbonation and excessively smooth, like most weissbiers. A biscuity, bready taste; like drinking a piece of good pumpernickel bread. Alcohols come out near the middle. Warming effect near the end.

Overall: Easy to go down, but a little bit yeasty for my taste.

12-13-2008 05:23:42 | More by thekanna
hero27

3.1/5  rDev -28.6%

Dark brown color with a nice head, but nearly no lacing left on the glass as you drink.
Aroma of cloves and light malt..tons of spice.
This one needs to tone down the cloves a bit. I'm not a lover of the Weissbeer style, so maybe that's why I couldn't get past the fruity, spicy flavor of this beer.
I have to give this beer some credit. It was smooth and had a decent mouthfeel to it, with some nice malt flavor.
Doesn't quite live up to it's reputation as far as I'm concerned.

10-22-2004 19:43:07 | More by hero27
skybluewater

3.13/5  rDev -27.9%

Pours a reddish brown color. Very odd fizzy head that recedes into nothing. Clove dominates in the smell, as well as something else that I don't like at all. Taste is of cloves and some bananas, with a bit of chocolate. There's almost a burning aftertaste that's rather unpleasent.

Overall, I don't really care for this brew. Not only is it darn expensive ($4 bucks a bottle, almost the same as a Rogue bomber), but it just doesn't do anything for me. I may try it again in a year or so, once my tastebuds have grown.

10-24-2004 03:43:15 | More by skybluewater
brushpig

3.13/5  rDev -27.9%

Huge head, with a cloudy red amber look to it.
Malty, fruity in the nose.
You can definitely feel the carbination that leaves your tongue tingly.
The taste of chocalate,spices, coffee ,and what seems to be bananas, that for me left a unpleasant after taste. You can taste
the sweetness of the fruits, and sense the high alcohol content.
Still a good experience, but not sure how many more I'll have of this beer.

05-09-2006 16:38:33 | More by brushpig
SacoDeToro

3.13/5  rDev -27.9%

This beer was interesting, but not necessarily in a good way. It poured a nice orange color and had a vigorous foamy head. The aroma was very fruity with no hops present. The beer had a sweet maltiness with a pronounced apple flavor. The hops were very subdued and provided barely enough bitterness to balance out the malt. The body and mouthfeel was relatively light considering the alcohol content. The carbonation was very high - almost like that of a witbier. A decent beer, but not outstanding in my opinion.

12-06-2005 21:05:26 | More by SacoDeToro
mikereaser

3.15/5  rDev -27.4%

A - pours a dark chestnut color with suprisingly white foam

S - a bit of sweet malt, some banana and citrus, but not alot of aroma overall

T - sweet malt, caramel, honey, wheatiness, bananas and cloves

M/D - a bit too sweet for my tastes, malty but medium bodied and light mouthfeel

07-01-2009 18:35:51 | More by mikereaser
Guess2814

3.18/5  rDev -26.7%

I hate to do this. BUT SOUR beers shouldn't be considered a beer. MAN these beers run right through me LOL!!! I can never put a sour beer in the top 250 beer list. I think the best part of this beer is the label. No offense but I hate sour beers. Doesn't work for me. Sorry..This isn't an attempted to lower the rating but I have to give my rating good or bad.

05-11-2014 20:20:51 | More by Guess2814
Mar02x

Netherlands

3.2/5  rDev -26.3%

A - This is how a beer should look. A clear ruby brown fluid with some carbonation bubbles going to surface. On the surface the bubbles meet a decent off-white head, which slowly retract to a creamy layer.

S - A malt syrup scent mixed with a strong light sour prickly yeast smell with a sweet touch.

T - What the hell is this! I have never ever tasted something like this before. This is different. All kind of flavors are coming directly after each-other, similar like a jawbreaker. In the beginning the beer is the same as the smell gave away and than after swallowing comes a sour caramel twist.

M - A highly carbonated beer and a bitter sour finish, not something I fancy.

O - Something different,but not my taste.

03-15-2012 19:56:14 | More by Mar02x
rdilauro

Connecticut

3.23/5  rDev -25.6%

The pour was on the dark side and producing a nice golden head. I first picked up hints of cloves, cardamom, orange and some cinnamon

I wasnt sure what to expect based on the aroma. The taste was malty and bit heavy. It was a bit on the thin side and did not leave any distinctive aftertaste.

This may just not be the type of beer that really suits me.

Nothing to complain about or negative comments, just something that was a good drink but also something I would not consider having more than 1 glass.

02-09-2011 05:14:22 | More by rdilauro
mikeburd1128

05-12-2013 17:04:45 | More by mikeburd1128
gameface23

3.25/5  rDev -25.1%

Pours a cola brown with a thick, rich foamy head. Great aroma of cloves, spices, and a slight hint of bananas. Nice clove taste and bubblegum...Someone was dead-on when they said they tasted Marmite in it. Spicey finish. Drinkablity is average. I would rather drink a ton of lighter-bodied hefe's than something like this.

05-01-2009 17:44:39 | More by gameface23