Schneider Weisse Tap 7 Unser Original - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 7 Unser OriginalSchneider Weisse Tap 7 Unser Original

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.40% ABV

Formerly Schneider Weisse Original.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-03-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 7 Unser Original Alström Bros

jklecko2, Oct 30, 2012

JTuomi, Jul 13, 2014

hogrider, Jan 03, 2012

mattmarka1, Jan 16, 2014

one finger white foam. retention lasts several seconds. amber brown in color. a little dark for a hefeweizen

smells like wheat. a little bit of bubble gum. not too aromatic

strongly tastes of wheat and that hint of bubble gum is in there too. cloves, a little caramel, wonderfully complex. lots of spices.

mouthfeel is light. carbonation is lively. finish is pretty short.

this really isnt a sipping beer. it's more of a drink heartily with food beer. might buy again, but there are other hefeweizens i enjoy more.

indesertum, Jun 20, 2011

dvmky, Aug 09, 2013

Appearance - Pours a hazy, deep golden brown with a one finger head. Not much lacing.
Smell - Bubble gum, banana, and some clove.
Taste - Lots of banana, some bubble gum sweetness and a bit of clove at the finish.
Mouthfeel - Smooth, slightly creamy with a medium to light body and moderate carbonation. Pleasant, but oddly watery towards the finish of a sip.
Drinkability - Very drinkable, but I found it a little too sweet.

Aenema, Jun 07, 2009

Dmtfs7, Mar 14, 2014

Joshgonzales79, Dec 27, 2011

tbeer40, Jun 22, 2012

Bottle. Pours with a massive white head like a proper weizen, however the colour is a few shades darker than your average hefe. Big banana and clove on the nose with a bit of malt in the background. Sweetness is reasonably low for the style and phenolic clove tones are very noticable on the finish. Aftertaste does not stay around as long as my reference hefe (Weihenstephan). Mounth feel is soft and light, not overly carbonated. A solid hefe and very drinkable.

hefevice, Apr 08, 2005

rredshift, Apr 11, 2014

Morpheus, Dec 27, 2012

Poured from a 500ml bottle (16.9oz) into a tall wheat-style beer glass, this beer pours a huge 3 finger head that recedes quite slowly, but doesn't last throughout the entire drinking session. I left the last inch of beer, swirled it to get all the yeast in the bottom, and finished pouring. I purchased this yesterday during lunch when I was at a Central Market up in Plano that I normally don't frequent. This is a hefe I have wanted to try for a couple of months now and not been able to find until yesterday. I had to crack it last night.

A: This beer pours the darkest of all "hefeweizens" I have ever seen, and it is quite murky in appearance. I was somewhat turned off by the color, but the bubbles were abundant.

S: The smell was the most deceptive I have found in any wheat style yet. It took me a long time to figure out what I was smelling but I am positive I smelled dried dark fruits (figs, plums) in the foreground which I found very odd for a hefe style. I have never smelled this in the style. I also smelled pear up front, and believe it or not could also smell the alcohol here. The last element that took me a while to figure out was the bready yeast. I am used to this in Belgians, but not hefeweizens. Very surprising, and in a good way.

T: Absolutely loved the taste. While I smelled the dark dried fruits I also tasted more sourness for the style of hefeweizen than any previously. At first I was not sure I liked it, but after about half the bottle I was sure this is a rare and special treat. Very very good, and the aftertaste was downright awesome. The aftertaste stayed with me for a good 20 minutes after I finished the bottle and left me wanting more. Oddly though I could also taste the alcohol, and that surprised me at just under 5% as I typically drink beers 8% or higher and do not notice it as much as this one.

M: Very creamy, and perfectly carbonated this hefe may be the best feeling in my mouth of any I've had. I was quite impressed.

D: I don't think I would want more than 2 of the big 500ml bottles of this, but easily could drink and enjoy both of those. This is a great beer that i highly recommend.

Overall I was quite surprised by what I found in this beer, and would seek it out again. It is not my favorite hefeweizen, but it among the top tier of all I've had. Highly recommended if you want to try something different, and this one is called the original hefeweizen according to the label.

thirdeye11, Mar 03, 2009

tadmuchowski, Oct 12, 2013

codynevels, Nov 18, 2011

supermeniscus, Nov 27, 2011

kjkinsey, Dec 02, 2011

Baldpacker, Feb 25, 2012

I feel that I've seriously neglected German beers, so picked this up today and had to give it a try. I figured a beer bearing my family name would be a good start. Not that my family brews this beer. Whatever. Poured into my Hef glass.

A: Darker than any of the American hef's I've seen. A hazy orange in the bottom skinny end of the glass, but it's dark amber to practically reddish brown at the top. Decent three finger head, fluffy but quickly dissipating. Ended up with some yeast in the bottom of my glass.

S: Wonderful spicy smell, cloves and pepper, along with banana, peach/apricot, pear, and champagne. I don't know if it's possible for a beer to smell dry, but I think this one does.

T: Not quite as much going on here as the smell. Strong spicy flavor comes out, along with bready wheat undertones. Fruit flavor is pretty subdued, I don't really pick any specific thing out.

MF: Thin but very fizzy body. Carbonation is high, but it doesn't detract from the feel in this case. Finish is extremely dry. There is a bit of warming, surprising due to the low amount of alcohol.

D: I was expecting a bit more flavor wise, based on the smell, but this is overall a very nice beer. Really refreshing, would be perfect for a tailgate or a warm summer night. The alcohol lets you know it's there, but doesn't slap you in the face. Better than any American Hef I've had, and no need for a lemon!

rxdrewthejew, Jul 14, 2008

a0lbudman, May 22, 2014
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Reviewed from notes. Poured from 16.9 oz. bottle into a Westbrook pint glass.

A: Pours a hazy deep gold (significantly darker than expected for a Hefeweizen), with a finger's worth of white fluffy head and visible carbonation on the low side.

S: Huge fruity yeast esters (apple, pear, strawberries; somewhat less clove and bubblegum), mild spiciness, and a light underlying grainy malt base.

T: Follows the nose very closely. Fruity yeast esters - banana in addition to the aforementioned apple, pear and clove), with some wheat bready malts. Sweet esters in the hang with mild residual graininess.

M: Light body, more alcohol presence than most hefeweizens I've had. Average carbonation sensation.

O: Pretty enjoyable but sweeter than expected. While I wouldn't say it was "boozy", the alcohol was certainly noticeable (especially for this modest of an ABV), and detracted a bit in my opinion.

macrosmatic, Mar 16, 2014

heysuz, Sep 08, 2014

ebeye, Yesterday at 01:21 AM

Pours a cloudy light brown/copper color with a lot of carbonation. Huge creamy head which leaves some nice lacing. Scents of malt, banana. Nice sweet maltly taste with a light body. This is a very drinkable/session beer. A thurst quencher for sure, very nice on a hot summer night.

Wasatch, Aug 13, 2005
Schneider Weisse Tap 7 Unser Original from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH