Schneider Weisse Tap 4 Mein Grünes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 4 Mein GrünesSchneider Weisse Tap 4 Mein Grünes

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  6.20% ABV

Formerly Schneider Georg Schneiders Wiesen Edel-Weisse.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-09-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 4 Mein Grünes Alström Bros
1.58/5  rDev -61.4%

A: Yellow and clear. Extremely fizzy with terrible head retention and no lacing. 2-finger 20-second head.

S: Smells pretty terrible - like a cloying mess of flavors with tons of alcohol.

T: Wheat and alcohol are the first two flavors - very bitter in a bad way. Weird wheaty aftertaste - not good. Alcohol very apparent. I think the carbonation may be affecting the taste with a salty soda-water sort of flavor - like when you get a fountain drink with no syrup. Yeck.

M: Watery and WAY too fizzy. It's fizzier than almost every soda I've ever tried. Fairly non-astringent since it's basically club soda.

D: Terrible - I'm pouring this out now and will never try it again. An interesting note is that this beer is "organic." I'm going to start associating that "terrible" for now and we'll see if that changes.

2.2/5  rDev -46.2%

After seeing some of the other reviews, I think I had an off bottle, but I have to call like I see it. Belgian yeast aromas. Hazy pale gold with little head and VERY highly carbonated. Reminded me a lot of Ara Bier, which is in no way a Hefe. Sweet undertones with that belgian yeast carrying over into the flavor.

2.25/5  rDev -45%

500mL bottle poured into a hefe glass.

(A)- Gusher! Pours a golden orange color. Produced a decent white cap of froth.

(S)- Very very very dry. A light spiciness of clove with a malty caramel and wheat/lemon background.

(T)- Similar to the smell. Lots of spicy clove and caramel malt with tiny bits of biscuit-like wheat.

(M)- A crisp carbonation level. This one is a bit weird, backwards, and disjointed. Heavy on the clove spice with alot more amber and caramel-like sweetness than normal for the style.

(D)- I realize this is an organic take on the style, however very little about it reminds me of a Hefeweiss. Only other possible explanation is this is just too old, but I have no date for reference.

2.28/5  rDev -44.3%

500ml brown bottle, 05.326 inkjetted on back label.

Clouded butterscotch. Glass filling, loosely piled bright white foam that steadily drops to a tall cap, leaving no lace. No visible carbonation streams. Medium sized aromas of clove and bananas are complimented with a bit of citrus fruit and a dash of zest as well as a bit of honey sweetness. The flavor is amazingly absent – primarily consisting of some watery cloves in the finish and just a hint of banana. There is nothing detectable on the tongue until the swallow. Even as this became closer to room temperature, the flavors never amounted to more than a bit of clove and bananas. Even the citrus from the cascade hops was absent in the finish. The carbonation is also almost nonexistent, giving this a flat mouthfeel. Thin, watery body and not enjoyable. This was a drain pour.

2.38/5  rDev -41.8%

Reviewed 7/29/2007 (500mL bottle):

Pours a cloudy amber brownish color, with a very fizzy carbonated white head, quickly diminishing. Malty aroma, earthy, potato or wheat or something rotten, not appealing Fizzy potato-y taste, clean aftertaste, not a lot of flavor.

2.48/5  rDev -39.4%

A: Light golden yellow and orange hues, with a very thin layer of white head. Lots of carbonation bubbles. Slow falling lacing that doesn't stick. Much clearer than I would have expected.

S: Not much nose. There is a faint hint of something that might be flowery, but that's it.

T: It has a familiar banana flavor to it, but the beer is a bit harsher than a Hefeweizen normally is. There is a light cardboard taste to the beer as well (oxidation?). Light bitterness in the aftertastes. The signature banana flavor is very nice and mellow, but I don't get much yeast or wheat flavor from the beer at all.

M: The mouthfeel was a bit rougher than what I'd expect. There is a rather harsh twang from the bitterness. The beer is not as smooth as I'd expect either.

O: Overall I found it to be very below average. It could be that this is because I'm drinking an imported bottle. I probably wouldn't buy it again, unless I was drinking it in Europe or perhaps on-tap in a bar. My bottle is stamped 120525 so I'm guessing it was bottled May 25th 2012? If so it probably lost a lot of flavor over the 7 month period.

2.5/5  rDev -38.9%

2.53/5  rDev -38.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bought and drank over at the Barrel Maker Cooper Residence ... pours with quite a low head for a wheat beer ... is a bit soapy ... organic?? ... some banana and other off sweet flavours ... weird, odd, and not enjoyable ... I avoided this beer for almost 4 years, I was right in avoiding this pricey mundane beer..

2.65/5  rDev -35.2%

This bottle was a bit of a gusher. After popping the top, this one gushed for quite a while before I was able to dispense the beverage. Upon dispensing, all of the gunk in the bottom of the bottle was loosed by all the carbonation so my glass was filled bits of debris. Kind of blood orange in color with a large white head that fizzes away quite rapidly but then becomes a quarter inch in size for the duration. Those creepy crawlies dont look too appetizing.

Aroma is clovey and yeasty. Caramel sweetness.

Flavor is very clovey with some banana and hints of bubble gum. Kind of flat on the palate, not much going on. Highly carbonated but watery and kind of lifeless.

I wasnt very impressed with this one. Certainly more caramel and sweetness than most other hefe's but the overall lifelessness of this one sunk it.

2.75/5  rDev -32.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Aggressive pour yields a rocky 1.5 finger head which fizzles to almost nothing in a few moments. Appears as hazy apple juice with moderate\low carbonation. Notes of soft Banana, faintest clove\hop spice and gently toasted grain in the background

Expected soft Banana and spice flavors, though the spice isn’t a pronounced clove-spice like other German Heff’s I've had. Sweet, Golden delicious apples show up midway and a lighty bitter herbal-hop finish. Interesting that Cascade hops were used in addition to Hallertau – not much citrusy presence from the Cascades can be discerned.

A mild, easy-drinking, yet ultimately forgettable Hefewiezen (albeit strong at %6.2). Didn’t detect any oxidation or skunk, but lacked vibrance – a trend I’ve noticed among some organic brews.

2.75/5  rDev -32.8%

2.93/5  rDev -28.4%

A - Straw to orange color with tiny fast rising bubbles, cloudy, 1/2" of off-white head with a few orange flecks throughout.

S - Cloves

T - Straw and cloves. It doesn't quite have the dusty flavor of wheat beers. It tastes clean.

M - Light and watery with just the right amount of carbonation to be very refreshing. It almost has a light beer feel.

D - Could definitley be a session beer and would probably pair well with just about anything attributed to the fact that it is alot like a light beer. It seemed to be a little off-balance like a light beer that wants to be more.

Etc. - This bottle foamed over as soon as I poped the cap and I had to rush it into the glass. It had a smooth trip from fridge to table so I'm not sure why... Also reading over other reviews I'm starting to think I may have gotten an old bottle. I may have to take another look at this one.

Served - 1 pint bottle into weisen glass

Put it in an English pint. Virtually no head, a very thin place that receded fast. It's a cloudy opaque orange, I've never seen a hefeweizen that wasn't at least translucent. Nothing gets through. It's a lighter yellowish tint at the bottom of the glass, the color change quickly at the bottom fifth.

Smells lightly of oranges with a honey overtone. I'm enticed.

The taste ain't much different, subtle but distinct. Coriander sweet and almost tart. Not at all what I expected, it's thicker with less carbonation than I've ever experienced with a hefeweizen. Orange can be a bit much, the carbonation does not provide cover, rather it pushes things along.

Rather heavy and thick, really. Should I say carbonated orange juice? Not quick that strong, but I do have to sip.

Smooth, but it ain't easy. I'd say it needs more carbonation, and an over all lighter, toned down body.

Schneider Weisse Tap 4 Mein Grünes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH