Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 02-19-2001

Formerly Schneider Weisse Weizen Hell.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 291 | Reviews: 119

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

4.37/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On-tap at Weisses Brauhaus, on to the beer:

Unlike the standard Schneider Weiss, this one is cloudy blonde colored, topped with a thcik creamy head. The aroma brings to mind lemon pastries and a kiss of clove. Then the beer takes off...taste it...lots of good stuff. There's lemon, banana, nutmeg, banana bread, and a touch of cinnamon. With a soft and gentle mouthfeel, it helps bring this hefeweizen to a well-earned spot among the elite. Just a great beer!

2.19/5  rDev -47.2%

I am not a big fan of this style, but excited to drink this. I haven't had a light beer in a while, as I have been on a stout kick lately. Oh, and an IPA kick. But I am always on an IPA kick. I did like reading about this brewing company and the history behind this beer. That is what makes beers exciting.

Reading the tasting notes, I am looking forward to smelling and drinking this beer. I recently had a bottle of Spine Tingler that had tasting notes explained as bubble gum… and it was like drinking liquid bubble gum. I liked it. I am hoping this has some of those same characters. I am also curious to see if there is much vanilla, as styles like this usually don't provide me much vanilla aroma or flavors. Should be fun. Let's drink, people!

In the Glass: Very impressive pour. I didn't pour this fast as I was worried about a possible sediment in the bottom of the glass, but there is a really nice head and I could smell this from the second I started pouring. The aroma is not overwhelming, but has a lovely expected scent to it. I have said this before, and I will say this again… not a big fan of this style. But I am going to give it a shot!

Nose: This smells like a hefe-weizen should. I am not sure why this bottle has a - in the middle. I have always spelled it hefeweisen, but the - does add a certain foreign appeal to it. It has a musky/dirty aroma, too. Something that makes me feel like I am in Europe walking the streets late at night chugging one more beer before bed. I do enjoy a beer with a little earthiness in the aroma.

Flavor: Pretty boring at first, but has a nice punch toward the end. It does have the expected hefeweizen flavor profile, but nothing to write home about. The burp is pretty boring, too. (You will notice, as I write my reviews, that I mention the burp. I only mention the burp when and where it happens. Sometimes that happens in the flavor and others toward the aftertaste. But if I burp while reviewing, I will always mention the experience.) A second drink doesn't leave me too excited.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is pretty boring. At first, it is cold (right from the fridge), thin and then finishes as such. Really, I don't want to even finish my glass. I can see why people like this style, but I just don't. This is/would be a good style for people that don't like craft beer but want to experience the flavor of a craft beer. The finish is thin, and pretty much boring. It's there, and gone again.

Aftertaste: What aftertaste? There isn't much of an aftertaste at all. As fast as you take a drink, it's gone again. A beer like this might taste better in the summer, and while outside at a concert or a sporting event. But this is not something I would order out nor something I would buy again. Maybe my palate is changing, but this is not a good beer. Cool story, and a lot of history here… but that's about it.

Sorry Schneider Weisse… but I don't like you!

4.37/5  rDev +5.3%

Poured from a 500ml bottle into a Schneider-Weisse weizen glass. Deducted half a point from the appearance for the pain in the arse head.

Pours a cloudy yellow/gold colour with a massive head.

Smells fresh, yeasty and malty.

Tastes of very light malts, balanced with delicate hops giving a slight lemony zing to it, creating possibly the most refreshing drink i've ever had. The mouthfeel adds to this, it's thinner than many hefeweizens but works well with the lighter taste.

An absolutely perfect (for me) hefeweizen.

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH