Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 02-19-2001

Formerly Schneider Weisse Weizen Hell.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes Alström Bros
4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

Had this at the brewhouse in Munich. Served in a hefe glass cool.

A-bright orange (almost sex-on-the-beach body) and a thick white head.

S-strong clove, spice and bubblegum aroma

T-bubblegum is pronounced, wet, cereal and lemon flavors

M-light

D-great on tap at the brewhouse in Munich (despite some rude service) and complex without being to headspinning. I would drink this beer again.

4.45/5  rDev +7.2%

4.35/5  rDev +4.8%

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

I definitely enjoyed this beer from start to finish. Poured a cloudy, golden brown after the yeast came into the mix. Massive head that remained for a good time. Excellent, somewhat toned down smell with some sort of fruit and a bready aroma. The taste reminds me of a spotted banana, my favorite, as the wheat does well to keep it from being too much. Ideal mouthfeel for a hefe and as drinkable as they come. Of the limited number of hefes I've been able to find, this one ranks among the leaders.

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

A nice, classic bottle fermented and aged Hefeweizen. Although i drank it early (I believe it was dated 10/30/06 and I drank it around 1/27/06), I was still impressed. I had many American Hefeweizens/wheat but wanted to get my hands on a real good German Hefeweizen to see what it was all about. Schneider-Weisse did not let me down. It poured a nice, dark gold/amber color with a quarter inch, off-white head with decent retention. It reduced a little bit, but a little swirl to release some of the aromas brought it back. The smell was magnificent with the fruits and banana esters rising to the occassion. At first, a slightly bland, seltzer taste, but I believe that was just me because after that first "coating" of my tongue, the greatness of what was the German Hefeweizen let me know that this beer was uber. A pretty thick mouthfeel; not too overwhelming but you knew you were drinking beer. Overall, a very refreshing beer and I believe that the fact that it was not that aged played a factor into the overall beerness (unfortunately, I saw the date after I opened it). Still, a great beer and highly reccommended.

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

4.24/5  rDev +2.2%

A: Cloudy, but thinner in color than I would expect for a Hefeweizen. But the rear label also classifies it as a Weizenvollbier. Orange yet slightly brown in color. Beautiful inch and a half head. I forgot to mix this one well and I see faintly what looks like slightly darker than the beer color, food coloring drop patterns floating in the middle.

S: Sweet cooked banana yeast. The most banana-y hefeweizen I've smelled.

T: Besides banana, there's an unplaceable mild fruity sweetness. A tinge tart. Alcohol is present in the aftertaste, which is surprising for the ABV.

M: Medium body, with very mild micro carbonation. Smooth.

D: Very good beer. I only wish it was a hair sweeter.

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

4.38/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A very good and inspiring brew, this bier poured out of the 500ml bottle a great, hazy color. The head left on the top was quite apparent, and left a great lace as I consumed this fine craft brew. Notes of wheat, sure. And damn fine notes. Something slightly sweet and roasted at the same time. Appealing to me, which is a surprise, considering the fact that I am just getting into Hefeweizens. Still, if you are lucky enough to get your hands on this brew, by all means do so.

Zum wohl!

4.32/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a hazy light brown/dark tan with a thick creamy off white head. Definite vanilla and some banana in the nose. Wheat flavors from the start but they are then overpowered by the the banana and vanilla flavors, light clove flavors throughout. Nice fullbodied yeastiness and very drinkable. A very nice brew. Yet another good hefe. I have yet to drink a german hefe that I didn't like. I don't know if only the good ones make it over here or what but they all seem to be real good. Great for a nice hot day like today.

4.52/5  rDev +8.9%

The head is initially huge, very frothy, white in color, mostly lasting. Body is hazy copper/yellow, Light to medium body, watery texture, and decent carbonation. Nice aroma with notes of banana and cloves. The same can be found in the taste; the finish is moderately acidic, moderately bitter.
Overall a enjoyable brew.

Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH