Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein BlondesSchneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

Formerly Schneider Weisse Weizen Hell.

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 02-19-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes Alström Bros

fionn13, Jun 04, 2012

dragonx2099, Nov 03, 2012
2.15/5  rDev -48.3%

I am not a big fan of this style, but excited to drink this. I haven't had a light beer in a while, as I have been on a stout kick lately. Oh, and an IPA kick. But I am always on an IPA kick. I did like reading about this brewing company and the history behind this beer. That is what makes beers exciting.

Reading the tasting notes, I am looking forward to smelling and drinking this beer. I recently had a bottle of Spine Tingler that had tasting notes explained as bubble gum… and it was like drinking liquid bubble gum. I liked it. I am hoping this has some of those same characters. I am also curious to see if there is much vanilla, as styles like this usually don't provide me much vanilla aroma or flavors. Should be fun. Let's drink, people!

In the Glass: Very impressive pour. I didn't pour this fast as I was worried about a possible sediment in the bottom of the glass, but there is a really nice head and I could smell this from the second I started pouring. The aroma is not overwhelming, but has a lovely expected scent to it. I have said this before, and I will say this again… not a big fan of this style. But I am going to give it a shot!

Nose: This smells like a hefe-weizen should. I am not sure why this bottle has a - in the middle. I have always spelled it hefeweisen, but the - does add a certain foreign appeal to it. It has a musky/dirty aroma, too. Something that makes me feel like I am in Europe walking the streets late at night chugging one more beer before bed. I do enjoy a beer with a little earthiness in the aroma.

Flavor: Pretty boring at first, but has a nice punch toward the end. It does have the expected hefeweizen flavor profile, but nothing to write home about. The burp is pretty boring, too. (You will notice, as I write my reviews, that I mention the burp. I only mention the burp when and where it happens. Sometimes that happens in the flavor and others toward the aftertaste. But if I burp while reviewing, I will always mention the experience.) A second drink doesn't leave me too excited.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is pretty boring. At first, it is cold (right from the fridge), thin and then finishes as such. Really, I don't want to even finish my glass. I can see why people like this style, but I just don't. This is/would be a good style for people that don't like craft beer but want to experience the flavor of a craft beer. The finish is thin, and pretty much boring. It's there, and gone again.

Aftertaste: What aftertaste? There isn't much of an aftertaste at all. As fast as you take a drink, it's gone again. A beer like this might taste better in the summer, and while outside at a concert or a sporting event. But this is not something I would order out nor something I would buy again. Maybe my palate is changing, but this is not a good beer. Cool story, and a lot of history here… but that's about it.

Sorry Schneider Weisse… but I don't like you!

rickyleepotts, Jan 27, 2013
2.38/5  rDev -42.8%

Bottle served into Schneider Weisse pint glass in Berlin, Germany. Reviewed from notes.

A: Pours a standard blonde. Head is five fingers of mild cream.

Sm: Fresh, creamy, malty, and yeasty.

T: Some cream on the open. Barley and yeast comprise the body. An empty lackluster finish. It's actually a bit watery.

Mf: Too smooth, too wet, too watery.

Dr: Decent quality and decently priced, but shite compared to other similar offerings.

kojevergas, Dec 07, 2011
2.5/5  rDev -39.9%

MikeDre, Jan 23, 2012
2.55/5  rDev -38.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This was found in the back of the celllar and was at least 3 years old. This review is about the cellaring of a beer that should not be cellared, it should be drunk young and fresh.

Pour is a deep muddy straw to a light brown color. Head is full and light tan in color. Nose exudes a earthy but yeasty note, not very appealing. Flavor starts lightly with a fruity citrus then turns to a metallic earthy bad combination. Finish returns to the fruitiness that was intended and leaves a nice aftertaste.

Drink it fresh!

jimbotrost, Aug 22, 2005
2.78/5  rDev -33.2%

Review from notes on 07/06/10

Poured from bottle to hefe glass

A: Dark apricot colored. Cloudy beer with little to no head.

S: The yeast dominates the smell on this beer. Toast, nuts, earthy scents in the background. Mostly just a belgian yeast scent.

T: More yeast. Again, some hazelnut, toast in the background with a bit of hoppy resin.

M: Medium body with sharp carbonation.

D: Seems like it doesn't really fit the model for Hefe.

harrymel, Dec 23, 2010

Tall and slender brown half liter bottle with a fairly distinctive white, blue and gold label featuring the image of either Schneider or his sone and a German baroque building below the name and seal of the brewery. Purity law applies. Best before 2/22/04, I didn't get around to opening it until 3/20/04. Me bad.

Pours a cloudy yellow, not noticeably darker than other Hefeweizens. The head is 1.5 fingers thick, white, and full of body. It lingers for a while, but not as long as I expect from a top notch German wheat. No lace. The nose is spicey and fruity, but really no better than average. The mouth is pretty light and very prickly - again, quite average. The flavor is good but mild spice and fruity tartness. There are no hops, but that is also average. The aftertaste is mild fruitiness. I know I'm bucking the trend here (and that my sample was beyond it's "best before" date), but I find nothing above average about this beer at all.

Globetrotter, Mar 20, 2004

chrispoint, Feb 18, 2012

IDABEERGUY, Jun 28, 2013

Jaco-B, Jul 09, 2012
3.04/5  rDev -26.9%

OKCNittany, Sep 17, 2014
3.2/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Caramel yellow pour, little head.

Smells of banana, hope and spice. A little bitterness but it's refreshing. Sort of blankets and soothes the tongue. It's on the thinner side but not enough to take away from it. It's a simple, wheaty beer. Good for fans of the style since it does it so well.

wowbagger, Feb 05, 2012

olradetbalder, Tuesday at 02:05 PM
3.25/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

APPEARANCE: Beautiful cloudy straw colour. Ever so slightly dark. Head uncharacteristically modest for a Schneider Weisse.

SMELL: I can smell banana a mile off. Tangy wheat. Touch of charcoal as well.

TASTE: Crickey, where's the flavour? It's dry, tart and watery. No sweetness whatsoever. Some spectacular stuff going on at the back, like marzipan and fruit salad, and subtle cloves, but literally the most pallid upfront flavour I've ever had from a beer. I'm slightly parched and more receptive than normal, and yet my tongue is begging for flavour. Pouring in some gunk from the bottom of the bottle I'm getting some beautiful clove tones, but what's the point if there's nothing to compliment them.

OVERALL: Very surprised and disappointed. Some really fantastic, complex stuff going on in the background but virtually no upfront flavour, just a slightly sour, fizzy straw flavour. Really weird beer from an otherwise world class range of beers.

Hoppsbabo, Mar 30, 2012

3.44/5  rDev -17.3%

Kamiwoodall, Sep 08, 2014
3.48/5  rDev -16.3%

500ml bottle

A- Light orange, with some gold hints, very little haziness if compared to other Hefes. Head is white, dense and foamy with very small bubbles

S- Quite subdued and not complex at all. Yeast is there with some spicy clove notes in the back

T- Classic bready malts, maybe not as dominant as in other Weizens. There is a vague fruity sweetness that may be felt on the back of the palate, though the main role is played by clove, which creates a strong spicy feel (with maybe some plain alcohol notes in the mix). Spiciness never gets too dominant, but the taste lacks complexity and gets boring after a while. I'm getting no banana, which is quite surprising

M- Very smooth on both tongue and palate despite it's spiciness; the beer has low, though in my opinion proper, carbonation

O- Good drinkabilty, though it gets a bit heavy on the stomach after some time. Alcohol is quite too much detectable given the ABV. Overall this is quite similar to their Weisse Original, though it somehow lacks it's depht and complexity.

A Weizen that is worth a try; quite below Schneider standars though

Cozzatoad, May 20, 2011

Iaido, Aug 06, 2014

dcisco44, Jan 27, 2014

CNOTEKC, Jan 15, 2012

starlight37, Jan 24, 2012
Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH