Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 02-19-2001

Formerly Schneider Weisse Weizen Hell.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 291 | Reviews: 119

4.52/5  rDev +8.9%

This beer poured a very nice looking amber color with a big thick white head that dissipated within a few moments. The lacing on this beer is worth mentioning also as it was damn near perfect. Smell was of light fruits like pear, apple and peach. There was also a sort of medicinal aspiriny aroma that gave it a bit of a musty smell. Taste was pretty close to the smell, starting off with the aspirin taste and then finishing up with the fruit. Mouthfeel was really good...usually when I taste a Hefeweizen there isnt much hop presence, but it was certainly in this beer. Low alcohol content makes this a beer that one could drink for a while, which is nice for when your drinking for flavor rather then the effects. This is a really nice offering and one that I am delighted to have found over here in Australia. I'll definetly be picking some more up in the future whether it be here or back in Boston.

4.19/5  rDev +1%

A: Carbonation is prominent. Darker than most Hefes. Has a dirty brownish-yellow tint. No head at all on this one.
S: A fragrant bouquet of honey and clove.
T&M: It's very light and clean, with a slight spike and then it goes mellow again.
D: I like this one and will come back to this beauty again.

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

Had this at the brewhouse in Munich. Served in a hefe glass cool.

A-bright orange (almost sex-on-the-beach body) and a thick white head.

S-strong clove, spice and bubblegum aroma

T-bubblegum is pronounced, wet, cereal and lemon flavors

M-light

D-great on tap at the brewhouse in Munich (despite some rude service) and complex without being to headspinning. I would drink this beer again.

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

I definitely enjoyed this beer from start to finish. Poured a cloudy, golden brown after the yeast came into the mix. Massive head that remained for a good time. Excellent, somewhat toned down smell with some sort of fruit and a bready aroma. The taste reminds me of a spotted banana, my favorite, as the wheat does well to keep it from being too much. Ideal mouthfeel for a hefe and as drinkable as they come. Of the limited number of hefes I've been able to find, this one ranks among the leaders.

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

A nice, classic bottle fermented and aged Hefeweizen. Although i drank it early (I believe it was dated 10/30/06 and I drank it around 1/27/06), I was still impressed. I had many American Hefeweizens/wheat but wanted to get my hands on a real good German Hefeweizen to see what it was all about. Schneider-Weisse did not let me down. It poured a nice, dark gold/amber color with a quarter inch, off-white head with decent retention. It reduced a little bit, but a little swirl to release some of the aromas brought it back. The smell was magnificent with the fruits and banana esters rising to the occassion. At first, a slightly bland, seltzer taste, but I believe that was just me because after that first "coating" of my tongue, the greatness of what was the German Hefeweizen let me know that this beer was uber. A pretty thick mouthfeel; not too overwhelming but you knew you were drinking beer. Overall, a very refreshing beer and I believe that the fact that it was not that aged played a factor into the overall beerness (unfortunately, I saw the date after I opened it). Still, a great beer and highly reccommended.

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

4.24/5  rDev +2.2%

A: Cloudy, but thinner in color than I would expect for a Hefeweizen. But the rear label also classifies it as a Weizenvollbier. Orange yet slightly brown in color. Beautiful inch and a half head. I forgot to mix this one well and I see faintly what looks like slightly darker than the beer color, food coloring drop patterns floating in the middle.

S: Sweet cooked banana yeast. The most banana-y hefeweizen I've smelled.

T: Besides banana, there's an unplaceable mild fruity sweetness. A tinge tart. Alcohol is present in the aftertaste, which is surprising for the ABV.

M: Medium body, with very mild micro carbonation. Smooth.

D: Very good beer. I only wish it was a hair sweeter.

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

4.08/5  rDev -1.7%

Magnificent cloudy orange-amber body with perfect white head, leaving thick laces. Banana flavour, clove hints. Invigorating taste of bananas & mild malt, rather sweet and smooth. The fact I haven't found too many facets of the taste slightly upsets me. Fruity aftertaste, without lollipop harshness.

4.38/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A very good and inspiring brew, this bier poured out of the 500ml bottle a great, hazy color. The head left on the top was quite apparent, and left a great lace as I consumed this fine craft brew. Notes of wheat, sure. And damn fine notes. Something slightly sweet and roasted at the same time. Appealing to me, which is a surprise, considering the fact that I am just getting into Hefeweizens. Still, if you are lucky enough to get your hands on this brew, by all means do so.

Zum wohl!

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH