Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 02-19-2001

Formerly Schneider Weisse Weizen Hell.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes Alström Bros
4.52/5  rDev +8.9%

This beer poured a very nice looking amber color with a big thick white head that dissipated within a few moments. The lacing on this beer is worth mentioning also as it was damn near perfect. Smell was of light fruits like pear, apple and peach. There was also a sort of medicinal aspiriny aroma that gave it a bit of a musty smell. Taste was pretty close to the smell, starting off with the aspirin taste and then finishing up with the fruit. Mouthfeel was really good...usually when I taste a Hefeweizen there isnt much hop presence, but it was certainly in this beer. Low alcohol content makes this a beer that one could drink for a while, which is nice for when your drinking for flavor rather then the effects. This is a really nice offering and one that I am delighted to have found over here in Australia. I'll definetly be picking some more up in the future whether it be here or back in Boston.

4.19/5  rDev +1%

A: Carbonation is prominent. Darker than most Hefes. Has a dirty brownish-yellow tint. No head at all on this one.
S: A fragrant bouquet of honey and clove.
T&M: It's very light and clean, with a slight spike and then it goes mellow again.
D: I like this one and will come back to this beauty again.

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

Had this at the brewhouse in Munich. Served in a hefe glass cool.

A-bright orange (almost sex-on-the-beach body) and a thick white head.

S-strong clove, spice and bubblegum aroma

T-bubblegum is pronounced, wet, cereal and lemon flavors

M-light

D-great on tap at the brewhouse in Munich (despite some rude service) and complex without being to headspinning. I would drink this beer again.

4.2/5  rDev +1.2%

I definitely enjoyed this beer from start to finish. Poured a cloudy, golden brown after the yeast came into the mix. Massive head that remained for a good time. Excellent, somewhat toned down smell with some sort of fruit and a bready aroma. The taste reminds me of a spotted banana, my favorite, as the wheat does well to keep it from being too much. Ideal mouthfeel for a hefe and as drinkable as they come. Of the limited number of hefes I've been able to find, this one ranks among the leaders.

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

4.5/5  rDev +8.4%

A nice, classic bottle fermented and aged Hefeweizen. Although i drank it early (I believe it was dated 10/30/06 and I drank it around 1/27/06), I was still impressed. I had many American Hefeweizens/wheat but wanted to get my hands on a real good German Hefeweizen to see what it was all about. Schneider-Weisse did not let me down. It poured a nice, dark gold/amber color with a quarter inch, off-white head with decent retention. It reduced a little bit, but a little swirl to release some of the aromas brought it back. The smell was magnificent with the fruits and banana esters rising to the occassion. At first, a slightly bland, seltzer taste, but I believe that was just me because after that first "coating" of my tongue, the greatness of what was the German Hefeweizen let me know that this beer was uber. A pretty thick mouthfeel; not too overwhelming but you knew you were drinking beer. Overall, a very refreshing beer and I believe that the fact that it was not that aged played a factor into the overall beerness (unfortunately, I saw the date after I opened it). Still, a great beer and highly reccommended.

3.75/5  rDev -9.6%

4.75/5  rDev +14.5%

4.24/5  rDev +2.2%

A: Cloudy, but thinner in color than I would expect for a Hefeweizen. But the rear label also classifies it as a Weizenvollbier. Orange yet slightly brown in color. Beautiful inch and a half head. I forgot to mix this one well and I see faintly what looks like slightly darker than the beer color, food coloring drop patterns floating in the middle.

S: Sweet cooked banana yeast. The most banana-y hefeweizen I've smelled.

T: Besides banana, there's an unplaceable mild fruity sweetness. A tinge tart. Alcohol is present in the aftertaste, which is surprising for the ABV.

M: Medium body, with very mild micro carbonation. Smooth.

D: Very good beer. I only wish it was a hair sweeter.

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%

4.38/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A very good and inspiring brew, this bier poured out of the 500ml bottle a great, hazy color. The head left on the top was quite apparent, and left a great lace as I consumed this fine craft brew. Notes of wheat, sure. And damn fine notes. Something slightly sweet and roasted at the same time. Appealing to me, which is a surprise, considering the fact that I am just getting into Hefeweizens. Still, if you are lucky enough to get your hands on this brew, by all means do so.

Zum wohl!

4.08/5  rDev -1.7%

Magnificent cloudy orange-amber body with perfect white head, leaving thick laces. Banana flavour, clove hints. Invigorating taste of bananas & mild malt, rather sweet and smooth. The fact I haven't found too many facets of the taste slightly upsets me. Fruity aftertaste, without lollipop harshness.

4.32/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a hazy light brown/dark tan with a thick creamy off white head. Definite vanilla and some banana in the nose. Wheat flavors from the start but they are then overpowered by the the banana and vanilla flavors, light clove flavors throughout. Nice fullbodied yeastiness and very drinkable. A very nice brew. Yet another good hefe. I have yet to drink a german hefe that I didn't like. I don't know if only the good ones make it over here or what but they all seem to be real good. Great for a nice hot day like today.

Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH