Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein BlondesSchneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

Formerly Schneider Weisse Weizen Hell.

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 02-19-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes Alström Bros
4.03/5  rDev -3.1%

9 oz. Bottle. Poured in into it's own Schneider Weisse .5Ml glass.

Appearance: Beautiful amber/orange, almost dark enough for a dunkle for god-sake, nice looking beer, builds a strong head initially but then quickly dissipates to around a 1/4'", has excellent lacing.

Smell: Nice clove and banana as fits the style but also quite a bit of malt flavor.

Taste: Nice, unique for a Hefe, it has the givens as in banana etc. but they are all there behind a nice malty curtain. Really a great hefe to have "when you're having more than one".

Mouth feel: Highly carbonated but easy on the palate, very enjoyable.

Drinkability: Very drinkable, great cookout beer.

A really good Hefe, unique flavor profile. The price is the only issue as it's substantially more than Weihenstephaner and it's (almost but) not quite that great. Like I said, one to buy a few bottles of and appreciate from time-to-time as variety is truly the spice of life.

BobZ, Sep 19, 2010
4.45/5  rDev +7%

I was thinking about hefe weizens earlier today. Why don't I drink more weissbiers? They taste good and I really like my hefe glasses, so I picked up a bottle of Schneider Weisse Weizenhell on my way home.

This brew looks a bit different than other hefe's, pouring a cloudy amber color with a good size head. It has nice aroma of bananas, vanilla, clove and yeast. Carbonation and a spicy bite highlight the mouthfeel. The taste? You get a healthy mix of everything above, most notably bananas, clove and yeasts, in this. I think I'll be needing to pick up a few more bottles of this stuff- hell, some weizenbocks, dunkels and kristals are also in order.

goschool, May 24, 2005
4.35/5  rDev +4.6%

Cloves, bananas and yeast were most evident in the nose with a nice subtle sweetness. Poured a copper gold with a creamy white head that persisted quite nicely. Clove and banana in flavor with a nice sweetness and a very soft, but pleasant, tang. Very easily drinkable.

jreitman, Jul 12, 2003
4.22/5  rDev +1.4%

A - Poured from a bottle into a weizen glass. Pours amber, fairly darker than other hefeweizens, and with a foamy white head.

S - Malty, wheaty, yeasty, and with faint spices.

T - Akin to the aroma; trademark wheaty taste with more malt than some, fruity, citrus notes and spices.

M - Thinner than medium bodied, decent carbonation.

Notes - A prototypical hefe.

HeyItsChili, Feb 16, 2009

Dbrag, Jun 04, 2014

rredshift, Apr 06, 2014
4.28/5  rDev +2.9%

A- Cloudy golden/orange with 2 inch off white head that fades at a moderate pace to a lasting lace.

S- Very fruity (banana and pear seem to jump out) and also some nice yeasty notes.

T- Nice maltiness throughout the taste. Wonderful fruit flavors mixed in throughout (again banana and pear jump out at me). Nice level of spice. Twangy and grainy wheat finish.

M- Strong carbonation up front with a medium body. Would almost be creamy, but the wheat flavors make it crisp overall.

D- Nice levels of carbonation and good balance of flavors make this very refereshing and drinkable.

Overall, this is definitely one of the best tasting German wheat beers I've had. Worth trying.

TommyW, Jan 06, 2009
3.8/5  rDev -8.7%

Had this on an unusually warm April day at Cafe St.-Ex in the early evenning and it was perfect.

Appeared a cloudy, yellow-gold color with a white, bubble-laiden head that left behind some lacing. Moderate to high level of carbonation. Aromas of ripe bananas, cloves, and dried leaves. A very earthy taste that is complex in how the varying flavors of tropical fruit, cloves, and earth meld together. Crisp, refreshing, and dry with a nice level of sweetness, but bitter at the same time. Very enjoyable, but perhaps a bit too tart for me after a pint or two.

jaluria, Apr 11, 2006

olympicgatorade, May 01, 2012
4.97/5  rDev +19.5%

This is a fine and beautiful Hefe-Weizen. This German brewery is probably one of the best breweries on the planet. I have yet try something they have made and not find it to be the example beer for that style. These people are not taking a stab at the benchmark - they are the benchmark. This one has a taste that is hinting at fruit and a subtly of bananas with a slight hint of lemon on the finish. The mouthfeel is silky and drawn out by the yeast. The finish is clean and refreshing. This artisan beer is an absolute must try and should be a staple in any serious beer drinkers inventory.

AtrumAnimus, Jan 06, 2003

mtnwesdew, Sep 07, 2012

IDABEERGUY, Jun 28, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +2.2%

Poured from tap at Prost Portland into Schneider branded hefeweizen glass.

Pours with about as gorgeous a head as one could ask for. About 2 inches of magical froth fades to a thick white lace. Hazy straw hue. Perfect.

The most amazing thing about this hefe is the nose. Unlike many others, this one has a LOT going on. The aromas are nicely delineated with banana and clove dominating up front. After a moment one finds the Belgian style yeast and bread note framed by a mild straw aroma with pepper and a hint of anise. I'm content to sit at the bar like a freak with my nose in the glass getting a foamy nose tip!

Flavors are nice and welcoming with yeast dominating. There is more fruit on the palate and a hint of spice and straw all coming together. Good palate, but the nose was much more impressive.

Body is light but the texture is good. Great balance of alcohol, acid, and malts. Finishes with a medium intense finish focused mostly on malt and yeast.

Overall one of the big three of the German hefeweizens (along with Weihenstephaner and Franziskaner) and deserving of being ranked up towards the top with those brews!

cbarrett4, Aug 27, 2011

petluo, Apr 25, 2012

Mpenders, Jul 01, 2014
4.45/5  rDev +7%

Appearance: Not your average weisse. Unusual dijon mustard color with a fizzy, rather than creamy, head. Surprisingly poor retention. Somewhat cloudy and very powerful carbonation. Interesting, but not the best-looking beer you'll ever see.

Smell: Very spicy, with strong notes of clove, orange, and banana. Slightly yeasty and biscuity as well.

Taste: Bold and well-balanced. Strong, almost numbing clove, saturated banana sweetness, but finishes surprisingly dry and metallic, with a citrusy wheat bite. The mouthfeel is very odd for a weisse, a bit thick, but sharply, aggressively carbonated; almost feels like a dubbel. Unconventional, but I liked it.

Drinkability: Most weisse beers are infinitely drinkable, and the unique look and feel of this one coupled with the big flavor puts it way into the win column for me.

A real standout in a rather bland genre, highly recommended.

WetCoaster, Oct 17, 2005

parintele, May 02, 2014

Vivs85, Dec 01, 2012
3.93/5  rDev -5.5%

A - Pours a cloudy golden orange, with a firm and creamy head. Plenty of streamers keep solidly in place.

S - A fairly light aroma of orange zest, lemon, yeast and a little clove.

T - The fruity ester start becomes yeasty and caramelly. Clove and restrained phenols appear at the end, leaving a clean and refreshing aftertaste with a slightly spicy alcohol edge.

M - Light bodied, with soft carbonation, which builds and becomes quite lively at the end.

D - Very drinkable. Looks good, has a delicate aroma and flavour, and is utterly refreshing. Very solid beer.

haz77, Oct 11, 2006
4.32/5  rDev +3.8%

killcore, Sep 24, 2014
3.48/5  rDev -16.3%

500ml bottle

A- Light orange, with some gold hints, very little haziness if compared to other Hefes. Head is white, dense and foamy with very small bubbles

S- Quite subdued and not complex at all. Yeast is there with some spicy clove notes in the back

T- Classic bready malts, maybe not as dominant as in other Weizens. There is a vague fruity sweetness that may be felt on the back of the palate, though the main role is played by clove, which creates a strong spicy feel (with maybe some plain alcohol notes in the mix). Spiciness never gets too dominant, but the taste lacks complexity and gets boring after a while. I'm getting no banana, which is quite surprising

M- Very smooth on both tongue and palate despite it's spiciness; the beer has low, though in my opinion proper, carbonation

O- Good drinkabilty, though it gets a bit heavy on the stomach after some time. Alcohol is quite too much detectable given the ABV. Overall this is quite similar to their Weisse Original, though it somehow lacks it's depht and complexity.

A Weizen that is worth a try; quite below Schneider standars though

Cozzatoad, May 20, 2011

jborg, Jul 07, 2013

Desimoaj, Jul 16, 2014
2.15/5  rDev -48.3%

I am not a big fan of this style, but excited to drink this. I haven't had a light beer in a while, as I have been on a stout kick lately. Oh, and an IPA kick. But I am always on an IPA kick. I did like reading about this brewing company and the history behind this beer. That is what makes beers exciting.

Reading the tasting notes, I am looking forward to smelling and drinking this beer. I recently had a bottle of Spine Tingler that had tasting notes explained as bubble gum… and it was like drinking liquid bubble gum. I liked it. I am hoping this has some of those same characters. I am also curious to see if there is much vanilla, as styles like this usually don't provide me much vanilla aroma or flavors. Should be fun. Let's drink, people!

In the Glass: Very impressive pour. I didn't pour this fast as I was worried about a possible sediment in the bottom of the glass, but there is a really nice head and I could smell this from the second I started pouring. The aroma is not overwhelming, but has a lovely expected scent to it. I have said this before, and I will say this again… not a big fan of this style. But I am going to give it a shot!

Nose: This smells like a hefe-weizen should. I am not sure why this bottle has a - in the middle. I have always spelled it hefeweisen, but the - does add a certain foreign appeal to it. It has a musky/dirty aroma, too. Something that makes me feel like I am in Europe walking the streets late at night chugging one more beer before bed. I do enjoy a beer with a little earthiness in the aroma.

Flavor: Pretty boring at first, but has a nice punch toward the end. It does have the expected hefeweizen flavor profile, but nothing to write home about. The burp is pretty boring, too. (You will notice, as I write my reviews, that I mention the burp. I only mention the burp when and where it happens. Sometimes that happens in the flavor and others toward the aftertaste. But if I burp while reviewing, I will always mention the experience.) A second drink doesn't leave me too excited.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is pretty boring. At first, it is cold (right from the fridge), thin and then finishes as such. Really, I don't want to even finish my glass. I can see why people like this style, but I just don't. This is/would be a good style for people that don't like craft beer but want to experience the flavor of a craft beer. The finish is thin, and pretty much boring. It's there, and gone again.

Aftertaste: What aftertaste? There isn't much of an aftertaste at all. As fast as you take a drink, it's gone again. A beer like this might taste better in the summer, and while outside at a concert or a sporting event. But this is not something I would order out nor something I would buy again. Maybe my palate is changing, but this is not a good beer. Cool story, and a lot of history here… but that's about it.

Sorry Schneider Weisse… but I don't like you!

rickyleepotts, Jan 27, 2013

poskok, Mar 29, 2014
Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH