Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes - Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH

Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein BlondesSchneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes

Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  4.90% ABV

Formerly Schneider Weisse Weizen Hell.

(Beer added by: brewdlyhooked13 on 02-19-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes Alström Bros

4.45/5  rDev +7%

Appearance: Not your average weisse. Unusual dijon mustard color with a fizzy, rather than creamy, head. Surprisingly poor retention. Somewhat cloudy and very powerful carbonation. Interesting, but not the best-looking beer you'll ever see.

Smell: Very spicy, with strong notes of clove, orange, and banana. Slightly yeasty and biscuity as well.

Taste: Bold and well-balanced. Strong, almost numbing clove, saturated banana sweetness, but finishes surprisingly dry and metallic, with a citrusy wheat bite. The mouthfeel is very odd for a weisse, a bit thick, but sharply, aggressively carbonated; almost feels like a dubbel. Unconventional, but I liked it.

Drinkability: Most weisse beers are infinitely drinkable, and the unique look and feel of this one coupled with the big flavor puts it way into the win column for me.

A real standout in a rather bland genre, highly recommended.

3.93/5  rDev -5.5%

A - Pours a cloudy golden orange, with a firm and creamy head. Plenty of streamers keep solidly in place.

S - A fairly light aroma of orange zest, lemon, yeast and a little clove.

T - The fruity ester start becomes yeasty and caramelly. Clove and restrained phenols appear at the end, leaving a clean and refreshing aftertaste with a slightly spicy alcohol edge.

M - Light bodied, with soft carbonation, which builds and becomes quite lively at the end.

D - Very drinkable. Looks good, has a delicate aroma and flavour, and is utterly refreshing. Very solid beer.

4.32/5  rDev +3.8%

3.48/5  rDev -16.3%

500ml bottle

A- Light orange, with some gold hints, very little haziness if compared to other Hefes. Head is white, dense and foamy with very small bubbles

S- Quite subdued and not complex at all. Yeast is there with some spicy clove notes in the back

T- Classic bready malts, maybe not as dominant as in other Weizens. There is a vague fruity sweetness that may be felt on the back of the palate, though the main role is played by clove, which creates a strong spicy feel (with maybe some plain alcohol notes in the mix). Spiciness never gets too dominant, but the taste lacks complexity and gets boring after a while. I'm getting no banana, which is quite surprising

M- Very smooth on both tongue and palate despite it's spiciness; the beer has low, though in my opinion proper, carbonation

O- Good drinkabilty, though it gets a bit heavy on the stomach after some time. Alcohol is quite too much detectable given the ABV. Overall this is quite similar to their Weisse Original, though it somehow lacks it's depht and complexity.

A Weizen that is worth a try; quite below Schneider standars though

2.15/5  rDev -48.3%

I am not a big fan of this style, but excited to drink this. I haven't had a light beer in a while, as I have been on a stout kick lately. Oh, and an IPA kick. But I am always on an IPA kick. I did like reading about this brewing company and the history behind this beer. That is what makes beers exciting.

Reading the tasting notes, I am looking forward to smelling and drinking this beer. I recently had a bottle of Spine Tingler that had tasting notes explained as bubble gum… and it was like drinking liquid bubble gum. I liked it. I am hoping this has some of those same characters. I am also curious to see if there is much vanilla, as styles like this usually don't provide me much vanilla aroma or flavors. Should be fun. Let's drink, people!

In the Glass: Very impressive pour. I didn't pour this fast as I was worried about a possible sediment in the bottom of the glass, but there is a really nice head and I could smell this from the second I started pouring. The aroma is not overwhelming, but has a lovely expected scent to it. I have said this before, and I will say this again… not a big fan of this style. But I am going to give it a shot!

Nose: This smells like a hefe-weizen should. I am not sure why this bottle has a - in the middle. I have always spelled it hefeweisen, but the - does add a certain foreign appeal to it. It has a musky/dirty aroma, too. Something that makes me feel like I am in Europe walking the streets late at night chugging one more beer before bed. I do enjoy a beer with a little earthiness in the aroma.

Flavor: Pretty boring at first, but has a nice punch toward the end. It does have the expected hefeweizen flavor profile, but nothing to write home about. The burp is pretty boring, too. (You will notice, as I write my reviews, that I mention the burp. I only mention the burp when and where it happens. Sometimes that happens in the flavor and others toward the aftertaste. But if I burp while reviewing, I will always mention the experience.) A second drink doesn't leave me too excited.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel is pretty boring. At first, it is cold (right from the fridge), thin and then finishes as such. Really, I don't want to even finish my glass. I can see why people like this style, but I just don't. This is/would be a good style for people that don't like craft beer but want to experience the flavor of a craft beer. The finish is thin, and pretty much boring. It's there, and gone again.

Aftertaste: What aftertaste? There isn't much of an aftertaste at all. As fast as you take a drink, it's gone again. A beer like this might taste better in the summer, and while outside at a concert or a sporting event. But this is not something I would order out nor something I would buy again. Maybe my palate is changing, but this is not a good beer. Cool story, and a lot of history here… but that's about it.

Sorry Schneider Weisse… but I don't like you!

4.75/5  rDev +14.2%

3.75/5  rDev -9.9%

4.33/5  rDev +4.1%

On tap at Anam Cara served in the matching Schneider Weisse glass (we'd expect nothing less from Anam Cara).

This beer was breathtaking. A real treat.

Poured a fair gold with with a rich, creamy head. Smells of cloves, banana and yeast with a mellow banana flavor. This beer was a pleasure to drink from the first sip to the last and I look forward to my next visit to Anam Cara for another one of these treats.

4.28/5  rDev +2.9%

appearance- Light brown/amber color with little head that left by the end of the drink

smell- hints of clove, citrus and banana

taste- medium body that is crisp and smooth. you can taste the clove spice as well as abundant fruits.

mouthfeel- feels good going down. i haven't had many German Hefe's but this is a good one. it's medium feel is masked by its darker color. it suprises you with the ease at which it goes down.

drinkability- first time with this beer and a good hefe. others that i have tasted (especially ones from USA) seem like lite beer in comparison. was hesitant when i originally poured because of the color, i had to look at the label again to see that it was a Hefe. but i was pleasantly suprised. if given the option i wold definately drink this one again.

500ml bottle served in wheat glass

a: large rocky head that dissipated quickly, some chill haze that cleared up as it warmed, dark straw color

s: clove dominate, sweetness, and secondary notes are spicey black pepper

t: clove is dominate in taste as well. some sweetness and tartness, with very subtle banana in the background.

m: thin, slippery and sugary

d: very drinkable and refreshing, but you have to like cloves for this one.

2.55/5  rDev -38.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This was found in the back of the celllar and was at least 3 years old. This review is about the cellaring of a beer that should not be cellared, it should be drunk young and fresh.

Pour is a deep muddy straw to a light brown color. Head is full and light tan in color. Nose exudes a earthy but yeasty note, not very appealing. Flavor starts lightly with a fruity citrus then turns to a metallic earthy bad combination. Finish returns to the fruitiness that was intended and leaves a nice aftertaste.

Drink it fresh!

3.65/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I had really very high expectations of the Hefeweizen but I have to admit I am a little
disappointed. It comes served in a great bottle, and a great Weizen glass; the pouring left
a huge generous head but when I tasted it, I felt it did not really taste like a Wheat beer.
The yeast in use did not taste like the typical German yeast used in most German beers. In
short the taste was pretty unexpected though there were hints of wheat. I felt that the yeast
was a little more similar to Belgian yeast but Paul, who tried my glass of Schneider Weisse
claimed otherwise, maybe it was really just me. The taste was pretty alright and refreshing
but still I preferred the wheaty taste that is so obvious and appreciated in the Erdinger
and Widmer's American Hefeweizen. Paul had a Schneider Weisse Original and I preferred that
to my Weizenhell Hefe. I am going to try the Paulaner's Hefeweizen which has been sitting in
my fridge for too long. I believe that one's going to show what a Hefeweizen's made of. :)

4.22/5  rDev +1.4%

Poured a nice dark amber with a moderate foam head. You could definitely smell the bananas and the hints of clove. The taste is definitely refreshing as the bananas and yeast make for a refreshing and fruity blend.

The carbonation is moderate making it easy to drink.

Definitely worth drinking.

2.5/5  rDev -39.9%

4.48/5  rDev +7.7%

4.5/5  rDev +8.2%

Schneider Weisse Tap 1 Mein Blondes from Weisses Bräuhaus G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH