1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Carlsberg Beer - Carlsberg Danmark A/S

Carlsberg BeerCarlsberg Beer

Carlsberg Danmark A/S visit their website
Denmark

German Pilsener |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-14-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Carlsberg Beer Alström Bros
4.18/5  rDev +38.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Good Danish beer, best German Pilsner I have tasted yet.

2.95/5  rDev -2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

1.01/5  rDev -66.4%

A mass produced beer that meets low expectations. Not great but not horrendous.

2.85/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

An average pils, alcohol-y taste. Best in summer to drink ice cold.

2.25/5  rDev -25.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

T- Pale malts, earthy grains, and slight bitterness. It's got that "green bottle" flavor like you get from Heineken, but this isn't screaming skunky to me. I get the grainy, bitter, sweet note before the beer finishes dry and minimally sour. The sour could be considered skunk, but nothing is sticking out to me as foul to my taste buds. But the more I'm drinking this one, the more I'm thinking it is slightly on the skunked side.

3.11/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.75/5  rDev +24.6%

A- Somewhat hazy. But it's got the typical golden, straw appearance overall. It's got a nice rim of foam that seems to be sticking around, as well as a touch of lacing. Looks like a step up from American beers.

S- There is some upfront sweetness, but it's not dominating the scent at all. There is a "kiss" of hops here. It's a very grassy and earthy hop. Not bitter at all. And I also get the spicy note from the hops as well. The grain is the same as well. It's grassy and earthy. I get a biscuity note as well as a lightly roasted, pale maltiness. Smells inviting for a lager. Smells like no rice or corn or any kind of adjunct, that's for sure.

M- Light to medium. This is a pretty rich lager. It does have a slight creaminess. It's super crisp and refreshing.

I may be biased here, but I absolutely love Carlsberg. My sample is a bit skunked, but it's not creating a un-enjoyable drinking experience. If anything, it's making the beer finish on the sour side. I personally find that interesting. Out of all the pale type lagers I've ever had, this one is my absolute favorite. I'd buy this over Bud, Miller, Coors, PBR, Corona, or even Heineken. I don't know if we in American can get the cans, but I'd say buy cans for a more pure taste. I love this stuff!

3.1/5  rDev +3%