Carlsberg Beer - Carlsberg Danmark A/S

Carlsberg BeerCarlsberg Beer

Carlsberg Danmark A/S visit their website
Denmark

German Pilsener |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-14-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Carlsberg Beer Alström Bros

1.01/5  rDev -66.4%

A mass produced beer that meets low expectations. Not great but not horrendous.

1.05/5  rDev -65.1%

I was rather excited to try this beer as I now live in a country that surrounds me with mediocre adjunct lagers. (BTW, I'm tired of using the word "adjunct" in my reviews lately...however it won't be the last time I use it in this review.) Back to my excitement...a European premium beer, well yeah, I should expect something decent.

I have to say I was sadly disappointed. The appearance was the only "saving grace" of this so-called German Pilsener. It looked the part, shiny golden body, average head retention, evidence of proper carbonation. But that's where the anticipation ended for me. I got nil on the hop/malts in the nose. Major ADJUNCT suggestions, though. There I go with that word. Well, the taste followed exactly. Palate senses where also underwhelmed.

Overall, yes, I finished the beer. All 500ml of it.

End of line.

1.1/5  rDev -63.5%

My buddy chose this beer on Saturday night for us to drink. I told him it would probably taste like a Heineken that a skunk sprayed into. I was right. I don't want to go into a huge review here, but all I can say is I hated this beer so much. I'm usually super open minded about beers and give some the benefit of the doubt. It tasted like spoiled Heineken, Smelled too skunky, had a strange aftertaste, weird mouthfeel, looked like flat and boring, and I couldn't even finish a half of one. Sorry :(...I do like their master brew though, so props to that

1.2/5  rDev -60.1%

Can into a pint glass...Pours a pissy super clear, light white head, gone right away...The smell and taste are both just god awful. Aroma is light hops with skunkiness. The taste is skunky too but has a horrible aftertaste that is just so bitter piss water it almost makes me choke when I swallow.

This beer is horrible, skip it.

1.4/5  rDev -53.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

its kind of not even drinkable, strange skunky taste, and smelt a bit like vomit or something, quite horid tasting, don't go there.

1.43/5  rDev -52.5%

Ordered this because it was the only beer they served at the scandinavian restaurant I was at. Virtually undrinkable. Don't waste your time or money on this beer. It should not even be listed as a german pilsner. I made it through a quarter of a pint before I gave up.

1.43/5  rDev -52.5%

Even though its from Denmark, the bottle looks Irish. This looks like a St. Patrick's Day bottle if I've ever seen one. It pours a golden color with an enormous sized foamy head, yet no bubbly perspective or any other noticeable form of carbonation. The smell is terrible. It reeks of an awful skunk-odor, not the bitter skunky smell you would expect from a german pilsner, but just a really old, bad skunky smell. The taste is not much better. Its a touch hoppy at first, but that is quickly drowned by an onslaught of horrible bitter skunk. The aftertaste is really bad. I'll probably never try another one of these. Even considering the style of beer, it is still way out of hand, and not enjoyable whatsoever.

Carlsberg Beer from Carlsberg Danmark A/S