Steam Whistle Pilsner - Steam Whistle Brewing

Steam Whistle PilsnerSteam Whistle Pilsner

Steam Whistle Brewing visit their website
Ontario, Canada

American Pale Lager |  5.00% ABV

We believe that world-class results require focus and dedication, so we developed a distinctive recipe for our single brand based on Europe's renowned brewing standards yet is brewed fresh locally at our independent, Canadian Brewery.

We use traditional brewing techniques and only four natural ingredients including spring water, malted barley, hops and yeast - all GMO-free. There is a fifth ingredient in every refreshing bottle, and that is the passion of our dedicated Brewmaster and staff.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-28-2002)

2.5/5  rDev -27.3%

3.83/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

It has been a while since my last confession. Oops, sorry I meant to say my last review :p
See: This beer looks pretty darn good.
Smell: I smell beer!!
Taste: Taste like a Black Jack game on a Thursday night back in 1991. Great Canadian Casino rocks the fort!
Mouthfeel: Numb, because I had a Faxe 10 before this review.
Blanket: I think this beer would go good anywhere, mostly because it makes my heart fly like an eagle. I am also hearing the birds singing!
PS: Must follow a can of Faxe 10 :)

3.25/5  rDev -5.5%

2.75/5  rDev -20.1%

2.6/5  rDev -24.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Poured from 500mL can into a pint glass. The look of the can makes me think that this is the Canadian Rolling Rock -- we shall see!

Appearance: medium golden hue with a light effervescence and no haze. Head pours two fingers of pillowy white foam that has decent retention. Not too bad!

Smell: quite grainy, and it seems there's even a little skunk present -- unusual since this is a canned beer. There's a bit of cooked corn aroma in there, too, which does detract from the overall effect. I mean, the style doesn't ask a lot, but cooked corn should not be on the list.

Taste: quite corny, with a little malt sweetness and a light bitterness. I thought this might be the Canadian Rolling Rock -- actually, it's worse.

Mouthfeel: light body with a bit of carbonation and an OK foaminess. Not creamy and delectable, not prickly and refreshing, but at least it's not flat.

Overall: I'm a bit disappointed here. Other ratings aren't so bad, but for me this beer is too corny to be really worthwhile.

2.5/5  rDev -27.3%

3.99/5  rDev +16%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

A - Light, straw colour. Exactly what I want from a Pils. Thin, bubbly head, dissipates quickly leaving soapy top.

S - Fresh, crisp & clean, ever so slightly grassy.

T - Slightly citrus, fresh and cleansing. Touch of bitterness to the finish to provide crispness. Very little lingering aftertaste. A little one-dimensional for flavour, but I think that's the point.

M - Light feel, although touch of creaminess. I really like the carbonation - feels just right for Pilsner.

O - Crisp, clean and light tasting Pilsner. I drink this all year round, sometimes one or two, sometimes a good many more.

Steam Whistle Pilsner from Steam Whistle Brewing