Double Trouble IPA - 21st Amendment Brewery

Double Trouble IPA
No picture uploaded.

21st Amendment Brewery visit their website

Beer added by: Jason on 08-27-2003

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 27 | Reviews: 20
3.52/5  rDev -17.4%

Tasted at the 2004 Bistro Double IPA Festival. Medium gold color. Large white foamy head. Aroma is fruity and sweet. A medium bodied Imperial India Pale Ale. Malts are fruity and sweet. Hops are grapefruity and citrusy. Nice strong malt backbone, Nicely balanced, but tending to the malt side a little bit. Somewhat bitter and crisp finish. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and crisp. Aftertaste is bitter.

4.42/5  rDev +3.8%

(My first review)

This is a great IPA. A deep amber color. Very powerful, both in alcohol content and in hop aroma. This is what I think of when I think of West Coast-style ales. At 9.5 percent, though, I wouldn't recommend drinking a lot. I had it as part of their beer sampler.

I asked the bartender at 21st Amendment what hops were used. He didn't know, but went and asked a brewer! How nice. They use Warrior, Cascade and Tomahawk, if memory serves me.

Too bad I was just visiting San Francisco. If I lived there I'd drink this ale frequently.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Double Trouble IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery